Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    They should have taken DT Ed Oliver from Houston... I mean why take Hockenson, when you signed Jesse James? Unless they plan on running a two TE offense. I guess we'll find out.
    1) Oliver is TINY for a DT, and I saw him get moved around a lot by OL guys.
    2) he has short arms that hamper his ability to tackle
    3) he jumps to early too often.
    4) Hoc is a genuinely elite prospect, the last one left on the board by 8 - and everyone behind the Lions would have taken him.
    5) I bet you would have been livid if the Lions had "allowed" Green Bay to get him

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    1) Oliver is TINY for a DT, and I saw him get moved around a lot by OL guys.
    2) he has short arms that hamper his ability to tackle
    3) he jumps to early too often.
    4) Hoc is a genuinely elite prospect, the last one left on the board by 8 - and everyone behind the Lions would have taken him.
    5) I bet you would have been livid if the Lions had "allowed" Green Bay to get him
    Your opinion, you're entitled to it. Oliver was high on a lot of teams board. I would have taken the best defensive player available. A TE's value isn't worthy of being a top 10 pick, If he turns out to be the second coming of Gronk, then I digress. Josh Allen would have been the pick, if he wasn't taken ahead of the Lions. Jacksonville got another demon that has to be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Your opinion, you're entitled to it. Oliver was high on a lot of teams board. I would have taken the best defensive player available. A TE's value isn't worthy of being a top 10 pick, If he turns out to be the second coming of Gronk, then I digress. Josh Allen would have been the pick, if he wasn't taken ahead of the Lions. Jacksonville got another demon that has to be dealt with.
    1-4 are purely fact-based. check Oliver's stature compared to others in that position, watch some film. My opinion is that the size issue will be more of a liability going up against the adults instead of college kids. He's very athletic, and smart.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Just sayin'. Me and Bongman may have been the only ones here to like this pick.