Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
The I-94 widening has already been happening... just not on the massive scale originally planned [[unless they get fed money). Each of the I-94 roadway bridges along the I-96 to Conner route has to be replaced, even the train bridges... since most of these bridges are already 60+ years old. So far the Woodward, Van Dyke and Gratiot bridges have been rebuilt to a wider span that allows for 4 lanes of traffic underneath... even though there are still only 3 lanes.

P.S. All the newer bridges east of Conner [[including Moross, Vernier/8 Mile, and the Mile Rd. bridges beyond) have already been replaced. So some of these older I-94 mid-city bridges are in bad need of replacement.
3 additional I-94 overpasses on the east side will be replaced [[and their spans over the freeway widened) between Van Dyke and Conner Ave. The white solid lane lines for a slight detour and the traffic barrels were recently installed. More weekend closures down to 1 lane or complete I-94 closures are in the forecast for 2019.