Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by PQZ View Post
    1. Why is the state government spending its time trying to propose uses to a private land owner when they they are staring at a massive deficit?

2. Why is the state government proposing hundreds of millions of dollars of redevelopment with a land owner with whom they have several outstanding lawsuits for egregious breaches of contract and for illegal squatting on City land?

3. Why is the state government rushing to the aid of a land owner who is bank rolling the recall effort of a state representative, the only person who has openly challenged the slum lord?

4. Why is a non-profit allowed to co-opt my donations for the benefit of a private land owner who flaunts local, federal and state laws? Why isn't Mike Cox investigating the non-profit status of Summer In The City?

5. When DEGC was asked to run the figures on the renovation of the MCS in to Police HQ in 2006, the figure was right around $200 - $250 million. They used several contractors to give rough estimates and used their own experience with similar buildings around town such as the Book Cadillac.

6. Is MCSDetroitfriend really Mr. Smithers, I mean Dan Stamper?

Lol @ PQZ nope just a college student who has either been brainwashed or actually knows the fact vs. rumor and innuendo. I've been there, I've heard employees talk freely about affairs of the building, etc etc etc.

Summer in the City is already being investigated so don't you worry, that's their problem....Couldn't tell you about the differing figures, maybe in '04 [[not 06), they actually had a general contractor go in and make quotes? Who knows

Once again from what I read in the article the government is not giving money to the project, they want him to pay and they're just trying to rush the project along, from what I can tell.

""We're focused on every effort possible to see if there's a use for that facility," Brown said, explaining that owner Matty Moroun is willing to invest his own money to renovate the depot if he has assurances of an anchor tenant."

"The depot would require extensive renovations, but Brown said taxpayers would not be expected to foot the bill for any renovation. "I'm a realist. If the owners did not have the wherewithal to make this project happen, you and I would not be having this conversation."

-http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/09/michigan_central_depot.html
    Last edited by mcsdetroitfriend; September-01-09 at 02:02 PM.