Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Trump wears some of the cheapest-looking and most ill-fitting suits I've ever seen on a major politician. You'd certainly never know he's a wealthy man from the way he dresses.
    I would be willing to bet that Trumps suits are custom made $2000.00 and up per copy. I would doubt he wears off the rack stuff from Joseph A. Bank or any other place.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I didn't think those shoes went well with that dress either. She should learn how to accessorize.
    Didn’t see her shoes. I guess I missed my opportunity to critique the entire thing - I’ll watch more carefully next time and report back.

I figured that this issue would come up because she is a good looking woman and looked it at the state of the state.

People will often use physical looks as a attack point on anyone with different political views as there own. On women especially unfortunately. Pathetic sexist or racist irrelevant arguments are the only thing some have the mental capacity to present.

Stupid shallow people with low self esteem can’t really be changed so we will have to move on regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by carolcb View Post
    I agree - You can be fat and out of shape as he is and look decent in a suit. Jackie Gleason looked great in a suit. Trump always looks awful. And that hair......Uhg.
    Trump always looks awful, because he is awful and despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I would be willing to bet that Trumps suits are custom made $2000.00 and up per copy. I would doubt he wears off the rack stuff from Joseph A. Bank or any other place.
    That prude could wear a burlap sack, and I'd still think the same of him. He's a embarrassment, just the same.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; February-15-19 at 03:50 PM.

I have no idea what John Engler, Jennifer Granholm, Bill Milliken or Rick Snyder’s bellybutton looks like.

I prefer not to know.

I wish such an intimate personal detail was denied me in the recent State of the State.

So who sat and watched the WHOLE thing , just because of the dress.....

Bellybutton? do you people hear yourselves? You're so easily distracted, that's why the rich keep easily destroying the standard of living in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    ... that's why the rich keep easily destroying the standard of living in this country.
    They are the Parasitic Saboteurs in Power™ and their flying monkeys are trying to incite a riot.
    Last edited by Jimaz; February-15-19 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Bellybutton? do you people hear yourselves? You're so easily distracted, that's why the rich keep easily destroying the standard of living in this country.
    Have they taught you hyperbole and sarcasm in your high school yet?

There are people that claim to have been able to see the outline of her bellybutton through her dress but it would’ve been very difficult through that tall wooden desk she was behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Have they taught you hyperbole and sarcasm in your high school yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Her dress was probably fine in person; certain fabrics photograph poorly; just watch the local news some days and see what some of those women wear.
    And, as said above, if this was a male Governor, no one would say a word. Does no one remember John Engler?
    There were the comments about Snyder's scuba outfit, but I'm not sure that's the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    ...she is a good looking woman...
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

All of the criticism about her dress is just plain rude and uncalled for though.

I did a thread when her name first popped up because I saw a couple of decent pictures. Most of the ones I've seen since are nothing special.

As long as she doesn't screw up like so many of the others, does it really matter what she wears or how she does her hair?

As far as DonDon, can you put a suit on a pumpkin and make it look better?

^ double standard much?

Mob guys do not think twice with a $3000 suit where Warren Buffet would never even think of paying that for one while others will pay $300 for a pair of sneakers before paying the rent.

But to me the op was more about double standards or it could have just been about a blue dress.
    Last edited by Richard; February-16-19 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ double standard much?

Mob guys do not think twice with a $3000 suit where Warren Buffet would never even think of paying that for one while others will pay $300 for a pair of sneakers before paying the rent.

But to me the op was more about double standards or it could have just been about a blue dress.
    Have to agree with you on that, Richard. Buffett surely didn't get rich buying and wearing $3,000 suits.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    There were the comments about Snyder's scuba outfit, but I'm not sure that's the same.
    I have no idea what "Snyder's Scuba Outfit" is code for

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    There are people that claim to have been able to see the outline of her bellybutton through her dress but it would’ve been very difficult through that tall wooden desk she was behind.
    Yes, it's visible as she was walking in or out of the auditorium. At least that's what I thought it was. Go back to my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

All of the criticism about her dress is just plain rude and uncalled for though.
    Yes, she is a very good looking woman, and commenting on her dress is normal if said dress distracts from her message given that it is not well adjusted.

But beyond that, it is ruder to disparage her looks like you seem to imply than her dress. I believe that criticizing her fashion sense is fair. I think this BS that people are not also interested in what a person has to say on account of their looks or whatever else on the same page is more an insult to their humanity. Most people can distinguish between a person's message and their demeanor and comment in both without being labeled racist or sexist and whatnot. The dress is ill fitting but at the end of the day, it doesn't take away from her ability to govern. It may be that in the future, she will get help from someone on her wardrobe choices, and this goes for Chump too, God love him.
    Last edited by canuck; February-16-19 at 11:39 AM.

Melania Trump’s Most Controversial Fashion Choices
    OCTOBER 10, 2018 5:55 Vaniety Fair
    By now, Melania Trump should be used to criticism of her wardrobe. And yet, when her decision to wear a pith helmet during a trip to Africa earned another round of media attention, Trump
    told reporters, “I wish people would focus on what I do, not what I wear.”

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ double standard much?

That’s right, Warren Buffet wears cheap suits, drives a 15 year old Cadillac, has been living in the same modest house for decades but flys around in his own private jet. I think all the talk about his frugality is a bunch of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, she is a very good looking woman, and commenting on her dress is normal if said dress distracts from her message given that it is not well adjusted.

But beyond that, it is ruder to disparage her looks like you seem to imply than her dress. I believe that criticizing her fashion sense is fair. I think this BS that people are not also interested in what a person has to say on account of their looks or whatever else on the same page is more an insult to their humanity. Most people can distinguish between a person's message and their demeanor and comment in both without being labeled racist or sexist and whatnot. The dress is ill fitting but at the end of the day, it doesn't take away from her ability to govern. It may be that in the future, she will get help from someone on her wardrobe choices, and this goes for Chump too, God love him.
    I didn't say anything negative about her looks.

And nothing is acceptable about the criticism of her dress, unless you're implying it's acceptable for people to be petty.
    Last edited by 313WX; February-16-19 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I didn't say anything negative about her looks.

And nothing is acceptable about the criticism of her dress, unless you're implying it's acceptable for people to be petty.
    Don't be so coy, your comment implied you didn't find her to be good looking. Fair enough, that is your assessment. If you find your comment offensive, just retract yourself, ask for forgiveness and focus on her dress.

It is your constipational right to freeze peach to comment on what you deem fair game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    That’s right, Warren Buffet wears cheap suits, drives a 15 year old Cadillac, has been living in the same modest house for decades but flys around in his own private jet. I think all the talk about his frugality is a bunch of bullshit.

Dead on, dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    It is your constipational right to freeze peach to
    That's some cold plugged up pits right there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast