Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

No, Highland Park is in fact in Oakland County, seriously. I know that's hard to believe and it just shows the whole forum how much you all claim to know. Give it a quick Google search. type in, what County is Highland Park MI in, it will tell you, and yes LBP is at fault for abandoning High Land Park!! Not Hazel Park!! Let's stay focused people...

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    It is straight forward, in English, first post, clear as day.
    Reading comprehension wtf ! Perhaps the bigger issue in metro Detroit

Highland Park’s median annual household income is $15,699

I think his avatar of an imploding/exploding mind is apt.

Attachment 37554

Thank you city troll.
    Last edited by Bigb23; February-10-19 at 06:57 PM.

Perhaps some Googlers are in a different universe [[ drug use perhaps )

Highland Park - where the UNpaid live

https://www.google.com/search?q=High...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Yes he's going to say "Imploding" with the worries of the world.

Thank you for you're service.

I was unaware every post = a solution

In that case many failed the intent of this website

While many years were somewhat higher, my annual income has been below $15K many times, both while living in the city and since I've moved away. But I've always had my own house [[either a mortgage or paid in full) and at least one car, usually two paid in full. That included paying car insurance, all utilities and upkeep on the houses and vehicles and food for myself. There has always been some left over to go into savings and take short road trips.

It isn't always about how much you take in as how you spend it ... or don't.

Schools need to teach life skills including managing money and living on a budget. That is needed by ALL adults while advanced math and foreign languages may not be.

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    No, Highland Park is in fact in Oakland County, seriously. I know that's hard to believe and it just shows the whole forum how much you all claim to know. Give it a quick Google search. type in, what County is Highland Park MI in, it will tell you, and yes LBP is at fault for abandoning High Land Park!! Not Hazel Park!! Let's stay focused people...
    I just did. All indications point to Wayne County. WTF am I missing?

I don't use drugs, but I stand corrected. I'm man enough to accept that. I was told by a couple of people that live in Highland Park that even though the city is in Wayne county and surrounded by Detroit it was a part of Oakland county. If I'm wrong ok then, but let's lay off on the drug use insults there is a real crisis that real people are dealing with. God bless the souls that have been lost and the families that are dealing with this drug epidemic. Again I stand corrected.

I don't use drugs...
    Sure, Jan...

In first reading the header I mistook the word “paid” for something else and thought,yea,Highland Park is not alone there.

I agree with Meddle in post #31 and can relate to that also and with Lowell where everybody needs a place to go and not be or should not be judged.

It is systematic and is not inclusive to Highland Park,we know what needs to be done but unless we push for it and support those who are willing to help it really does not solve anything.

But no way in the world is everybody ever going to be of equal wealth,never has been and never will be.

There does seem to be an objective into the OP,s list of subjects,and it ain’t happening,as they say.
    Last edited by Richard; February-10-19 at 09:20 PM.

So it's okay in metro Detroit to just let slackers, high school dropouts,
    and basically lazy, shiftless people ""accumulate"" in a ghetto
    and NO ONE is allowed to judge, comment, write, post about them ?
    We should turn a blind eye and forget about them ?

In fact let's lower the standards on the exams,
    have more illiterates who can't fill out an employment form,
    and be dumber than snail shit in society - yeah okay , great idea folks.

Until Duggan and the City Planning group cut me a check
    I'm not aware that I, and I alone, was to have the solutions & fixes
    to why Highland Park ground its economy into a quagmire of slush.

If Lowell wants a regurgitated news website, devoid of opinions,
    commentary, and debate - he should publically express that fact.
    The funny thing about news, it comes from everywhere, hence the TIP lines into the media outlets, newspapers, and magazines.
    News exists all around us, and it requires reading, scanning, etc.
    Last edited by O3H; February-10-19 at 09:39 PM.

^ you seriously believe that this website is devoid of opinions,commentary and debate?

You do understand that somebody is providing a public service here and really should be commended verses chastised,you see that is the difference between helping by providing a platform and expecting it to be there.

So you have recognized a never known before problem,do you have any suggestions for solutions that would be open for discussion?

Maybe it is your approach that is throwing people off?

I should be submissive, sheep-like, a follower and cow-tow like others do ?

I have zero fear of being a Disruptor and/or The Pot Stirrer

Apparently many take the mob mentality approach of attacking a poster,
    - instead of actually THINKING about the topic at hand and responding.
    That's okay , it reflects upon them a great deal. I'm okay in my own skin.
    Last edited by O3H; February-10-19 at 11:31 PM.

Apparently many take the mob mentality approach of attacking a poster,
    - instead of actually THINKING about the topic at hand and responding.
    That's okay , it reflects upon them a great deal. I'm okay in my own skin.
    Yes, yes, but did you ever reflect upon the fact that your skin may not be ok about the rest of you in it?

I don't use drugs, but I stand corrected. I'm man enough to accept that. I was told by a couple of people that live in Highland Park that even though the city is in Wayne county and surrounded by Detroit it was a part of Oakland county. If I'm wrong ok then, but let's lay off on the drug use insults there is a real crisis that real people are dealing with. God bless the souls that have been lost and the families that are dealing with this drug epidemic. Again I stand corrected.
    On a scale of 1 to Keith Richards, exactly how high are you?

I'm okay in my own skin.
    And therein lies the problem, because you are incredibly unreflective and need more self-improvement than I could even describe to you. Your skin hates you; believe that. Your delusions of grandeur and "They hate me 'cause I'm beautiful" attitude would be hilarious were it not so pitiful to watch in action. Know that not only are you not better than the people you are constantlydumping on, but that you're worse than them.

You are many more times less clever, less smart and less deserving than you think you are.
    Last edited by Dexlin; February-11-19 at 12:30 AM.

A: Note the difference between Highland Twp. and Highland Park.

B: I don't always agree with O3, but I don't see the need for the vitriol.

So it's okay in metro Detroit to just let slackers, high school dropouts, and basically lazy, shiftless people ""accumulate"" in a ghetto and NO ONE is allowed to judge, comment, write, post about them ?
    We should turn a blind eye and forget about them ?

One step to helping people out of poverty is to stop calling them slackers, lazy and shiftless.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I think the point earlier was that I don't understand what you mean by "No one getting paid in Highland Park".

Does this mean that there is an issue with the city paying its workers? Is it a commentary on unemployment in Highland Park?

Is it just a reminder that Highland Park exists and some general population stats?

You have given us very little context about what you may be referencing. Context can be important!
    Context = someone wants to kick the poor around.

Context = someone wants to call attention to a problem in hopes of seeking solutions to improve conditions there.

This thread has to be the biggest clusterfuck I have ever seen on this site.

@#%& NO!

Excellent! Keep @ it!

Next time you want to bring up a topic, don't be so vague that no one has a clue what you're talking about.

I was told by a couple of people that live in Highland Park...
    Tsk, tsk, tsk.... Google Maps can be your friend....

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wa...6!4d-83.336188

So we have the biggest clusterf^ck by the worst person imaginable
    who kicks the poor, punches the lazy, and shits on high school dropouts

Let's hear alternative genius solutions to FIX ol' Highland Park.
    Remember you cannot in anyway , chastise, hate, despise the dullards.
    Ready - set - go :

Let's read the careful crafted opinions,commentary and debate.

For those that forget, due to short term memory loss, dis-function, etc.
    That ""chunk"" represent 11,000 people by the way.
    Last edited by O3H; February-11-19 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You do understand that somebody is providing a public service here and really should be commended verses chastised,you see that is the difference between helping by providing a platform and expecting it to be there.
    We don't agree often, but here we are again.

I'm not sure if annexation of Highland Park into Detroit has been considered or not, but it doesn't seem like a bad idea with the current situation that Highland Park is in.

Anyone knows if Highland Park is still in Emergency Managership?

I've had family that lives in that area. Anyone that thought Detroit looks bad should look there too.

However, I'm sure that with Detroit making a comeback, that Highland Park may benefit as a result. The city government would still need a lot of reform though, like a new charter.

And Detroit's Charter Commission has been established and been meeting twice a month, but that is another subject.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast