Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    The Alpha [[you) established that the rabbit was not prey and that the dog was not alpha over the owner respecting the authority not to go after the rabbit.
    I likes my explanation better.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    This is a dog that will stand outside from 8am to 8pm looking for any animal to point. When this type of dog points something, it is because they consider it prey. She never once pointed the rabbit.
    cheddar bob, that sounds like a remarkable dog.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; September-03-09 at 07:58 PM. Reason: edit

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    cheddar bob, that sounds like a remarkable dog.
    I took a few months before they were ever together, but I had to make sure it was done right. The rabbit meant the world to me and there was no way I was going to let anything happen to him. Since dogs are pack animals, they need to know what their order is in the pack. I wanted to be absolutely sure that the dog knew the rabbit was #1 and she was about #4.

One time I put the dog in her hallway, closed the gate and went to pick up some take out. I came back about 20 minutes later to find both of them in there. The rabbit must've hopped in there when I wasn't looking. On the surface, that is remarkable for a dog that does this all day long...

Attachment 2943
    Attachment 2944

Apologies if a duplicate.

cheddar bob Guest

That was pretty hilarious.

ccbatson Guest

A good illustration of my opinion of cats there...fun to watch, and...not much else.

cheddar bob, do you have any video of your English Setter?

ccbatson Guest

There you go, the dog isn't so interesting to watch , but a blast to interact with.

cheddar bob Guest

I know I have video of the rabbit, but I'll have to check to see if I have video of the dog. I can tell you that the dog work in that youtube video would not fly around my family.

I can't find the video right now, but if catch Benelli On Assignment on the Versus channel you can see my dog's mom. They did an episode at my family's hunt club in Florida and they did another episode around our yearly hunting season in the UP. The Florida episode airs 9/11 at 5pm, 9/13 at 8:30am, and the UP episode airs 10/30 at 5pm. They're both reruns. Here's a show cap and schedule...
    http://www.ammoland.com/2009/08/20/t...ruffed-grouse/

While I'm looking for video of my dog, here's a picture of her on point of the 4th quail she had ever seen...
    Attachment 2947

cheddar bob Guest

I guess I don't have any video of the dog working birds. Just video of her trying to sleep and the rabbit annoying her. Not as exciting. If you're near the Flint area you might have seen her on the local news, but she wasn't working birds there either. She used to have a weekly NFL pick 'em contest with the local sports guy.

Great pictures. I would love to see the video of the rabbit annoying the dog if you can bear to post it. It is so hard when a beloved pet walks on. I am persuaded heaven would not be heaven without our furkids so we will meet again some day. I'm sending you a cyberhug. {{cheddar bob}}

cheddar bob, I appreciate the way your dog is allowed to do what she naturally wants to. Kudos to you for that.

I'll peruse the website you mentioned over the 3 day weekend - thanks. If you make any new video in the future, I'd watch it if you posted it on youtube or whatever. I'm not residing in MI.

Sitting here with a 2 month old kitten in my lap

Reminds me of that Johnny Carson moment with Zsa Zsa Gabor -

She brought out her cat and set it on her lap, and asked him if he would like to pet her pu**y.
    He said sure - if you move the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Reminds me of that Johnny Carson moment with Zsa Zsa Gabor -

She brought out her cat and set it on her lap, and asked him if he would like to pet her pu**y.
    He said sure - if you move the cat.
    Johnny could get away with that sort of humor without ruffling too many feathers. Conan becomes momentarily stumped or "overly" embarrassed once in awhile, and has yet to reach that stature without appearing relatively uncouth. And I'm not yet feeling Andy Richter. I'm hoping. Craig Ferguson is hilarious sometimes. Fallon is cool though, but then I'm also partial to the excellent house band, The Roots

Tangents aside, and back to pets. Anyone else have video [[or photographs) of their pets? Please share.

I'll bite, here is my cat hating Ginger. Doesn't she look ferocious?

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post

I'll bite, here is my cat hating Ginger. Doesn't she look ferocious?

Awwww, she looks mean. Nice looking coat. No pets in my household because I'm the only pet lover therein. Thanks for sharing.

ccbatson Guest

That is classic Johnny Carson...crude, but done in a way that wasn't crude.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    That is classic Johnny Carson...crude, but done in a way that wasn't crude.
    Incorrect [[as usual). Standards and Practices would never have allowed that to air as it would have been deemed too crude. Feel free to post facts to the contrary.

cheddar bob Guest

I'll upload some video to youtube tomorrow.

I bought a tent for the rabbit. It's too bad he didn't get much use out of it because it took me nine years to find one for sale...
    Attachment 2959

ccbatson Guest

East Detroi...I am surprised at you, aren't liberals supposed to be about social liberty?

Stosh Guest

Here's a photo of my cat-hating dog, a few years ago, when he was a pup. Much bigger dog now, but still good with the cat. My granddaughter's dog likes to nibble cats though.

Very hopeful! I am waiting now for a cat to show itself. All my cats came to me when I wasn't looking for a cat. Next one that shows up, I won't reroute until I give Ginger a chance.

cheddar bob Guest

For Gazhekwe:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k76U2kA2UtM

There's an extraneous "fuck" in there, so be careful with the audio.

That is so cute! Thank you for posting it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast