Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

One of the LARGEST cities in Michigan has some problems - really ?
    A "mayor" can fix 100% of all the problems in a city - really ?

It really doesn't matter which Person a city elects;
    detractors, haters, enemies and some folks want something else.

Warren needs fixes, just as any large city of 100,000+ residents.
    Sterling Heights has the same problems,issues,concerns Warren does.

Let the haters hate, and move on already
    Last edited by O3H; January-25-19 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Yes, absolutely. If someone in my place of work came in spouting racist idiocy, while simultaneously "doing his job", there would be severe consequences, as there should be.
    You took that sentence out of context. I wasn't necessarily speaking about Fouts in that sentence, or about people who openly spout inappropriate language or worse in the workplace. I was referring to the fact that many people have opinions that would be offensive to their coworkers if known.

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone06 View Post
    I don't know much about Fouts and I've never lived in Warren; but, is he or is he not serving his constituents? What if he is, as you say, a "virulent bigot," yet ably represents the citizens of Warren without allowing his personal opinions to affect his policies? Have we entered the domain of the thought police? Many people have opinions or political beliefs that may be offensive to their employers, fellow employees, or in this case, constituents. Should they be subject to societal discipline if their personal opinions do not influence their job performance. At least a couple of well-regarded presidents would have been kicked out for their philandering ways.
    Argue all you want about the moral obligations of leaders but I think I - and Bham - are correct in pointing out that there are few, if any metrics that indicate that Warren is "doing okay" or "fine." High violent crime, low property values, low income, low education, declining population for four decades, aging population...tell me in some kind of evidence-based way how Warren is okay and Fouts is doing right by the constituency, which I would presume means arresting the decline of Warren in some way.

So enough with this "lol if he is doing a good job then y do u care HATERS omg lol HATERS" nonsense [[from some here, not necessarily the person I am quoting). Do some research and grow up.

This isn't just a job. This man is the face, whether he likes it or not, of the 3rd largest city in Michigan. Is anyone surprised by these recordings though? This is the county that got Trump elected.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    As long as he's doing his job and good at it. Quit being hurt by name calling. Everyone's got opinions too. You don't have to like them.
    I think that tough guy One Shot might change his tune if he was one of the parties facing discrimination here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMichigan View Post
    This isn't just a job. This man is the face, whether he likes it or not, of the 3rd largest city in Michigan. Is anyone surprised by these recordings though? This is the county that got Trump elected.
    Exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Argue all you want about the moral obligations of leaders but I think I - and Bham - are correct in pointing out that there are few, if any metrics that indicate that Warren is "doing okay" or "fine."
    Poobert, I'm not arguing in favor of Fouts. As I said, I don't know much about him or his policies. My comment was more of a theoretical question about the importance of personal opinions and beliefs. The "moral obligations" of a leader aren't necessarily the same as a leader's morality. Can an immoral politician nonetheless uphold the moral obligations of his or her office? And if that immoral politician is upholding the moral obligations of the office and performing well for the constituents, is his or her own morality outside of the office important [[assuming it doesn't reflect negatively on the office)? People have to decide for themselves whether it is or isn't important. I'm simply posing the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    Rest assured, I've noticed a lot about your act on here. By the way, you take shots at "outsiders" visiting Downtown Birmingham, which isn't the same thing.
    No, I've said plenty about d-bag nouveau riche Birmingham residents wrecking what was a nice small town with their pretentious crap. This town is full of more wanna-bes than anywhere in Michigan.

But what does this have to do with anything? The fact is Warren is struggling.

Grew up in Warren, inherited my parents house, live there now.
    Never been a victim of any crime, my neighborhood is decent, etc.
    Recently attended Master Planning meetings and engaged in the process

No matter what some people "get", they always want more........
    Zoning, improvements, all costs money, so they want Higher Taxes ??
    High taxes do not make a neighborhood wonderful, good, ethical, etc.
    We still have dirt roads, those residents LOVE them, don't want change.

Nobody cares, O3H. We already know you're devoid of morals as long as you get your's. That's how it works, right?

Please, do try and be more obnoxious.
    Last edited by Dexlin; January-25-19 at 07:08 PM.

I’ve made the comparison between Warren and Livonia, I think it’s an apt comparison. Both are working class cities with good city services, decent [[I think) schools, nice and not so nice parts of town. Both cities, to me anyway, appear to be completely devoid of any type of charm. It doesn’t seem that a lot people hate living in either place. I think most people are looking for a nice, secure, affordable place to live and that might be the most important thing.
    I’ve never lived in either city, my in laws lived in Livonia, their neighborhood [[Middlebelt / Curtis) was fine, they had no city related problems at all that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I’ve made the comparison between Warren and Livonia, I think it’s an apt comparison. Both are working class cities with good city services, decent [[I think) schools, nice and not so nice parts of town. Both cities, to me anyway, appear to be completely devoid of any type of charm. It doesn’t seem that a lot people hate living in either place. I think most people are looking for a nice, secure, affordable place to live and that might be the most important thing.
    I’ve never lived in either city, my in laws lived in Livonia, their neighborhood [[Middlebelt / Curtis) was fine, they had no city related problems at all that I can remember.
    And I challenged that comparison by saying Livonia has better shopping/restaurants, relatively better schools and doesn't consistently re-elect weirdos [[to describe them nicely).

I'll pick it any day over Warrentucky.

Poor, poor, poor Dexlin didn't get any..............sob !

Did you try Centerline with its 1.74 square miles and 8,000 residents ?
    The community received its initial start when Catholics decided to build a church
    so that they would not have to walk to St. Mary's in Detroit for Sunday Mass.

Last edited by O3H; January-25-19 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    And I challenged that comparison by saying Livonia has better shopping/restaurants, relatively better schools and doesn't consistently re-elect weirdos [[to describe them nicely).

OK, Warren residents consistently re elect weirdos. Those weirdos must be doing a few things right, or everybody who votes them back into office election after election are a bunch of idiots.

""DiSano is trying to oust Fouts from office "" as in Political consultant Joe DiSano
    Robert Snell, The Detroit News Published 3:54 p.m. ET Jan. 21, 2019 |

Why is someone who lives in Okemos Michigan so interested in Warren ?

Last edited by O3H; January-25-19 at 08:07 PM.

I bet you this will make him more popular among his base. They'll say he "tells it like it us" and "speaks his mind". No stupid political correctness, right?

As an aside, suburban governments are often the most incompetent, incestuous, ass-backwards entities in existence. Detroit govt. always gets a bad rap [[Hmm, can't imagine why) but try and deal with bureaucrats in some random outer suburb. It's like an episode of Hee Haw.
    You're kidding, right? Your description of "suburban governments" describe Detroit to a T!

All I can figure is Fouts is merely a representation of the constituency he serves, given they keep reelecting him.
    Coleman Young, Kwame Kilpatrick come to mind?

Your referral to "Warrentucky" offends me, insults me.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Coleman Young, Kwame Kilpatrick come to mind?
    This thread isn't about Detroit, nor people who aren't in a political office.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    You're kidding, right? Your description of "suburban governments" describe Detroit to a T!
    Nope. My interactions with Detroit govt. has generally been more professional than suburban govts, which tend to be amateur hour.

At the least, Detroit has civil service rules, so you can't just hire Bubba and Cletus from the gun club. You actually need degrees and qualifications.

Of course Detroit has lots of idiots too, but I have never seen more incompetence than in certain exurban communities.
    Last edited by Bham1982; January-25-19 at 10:43 PM.

Perhaps it's about Steve Bieda of Warren working with Joe Disano - for Fouts spot ?

If Bieda - does not - get a cabinet position from Whitmer, he is unemployed in 2019

https://ballotpedia.org/Steven_Bieda

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/bi...cally-congress

https://www.followthemoney.org/entit...ault=candidate
    Last edited by O3H; January-25-19 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Those weirdos must be doing a few things right, or everybody who votes them back into office election after election are a bunch of idiots.
    Bingo. A lot of voters are idiots.

Don't confuse "people voted for someone" with validating that someone. People voted for Trump. They voted for Maduro. Hell, they voted for Hitler. Britain recently voted to essentially destroy their economy.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Perhaps it's about Steve Bieda of Warren working with Joe Disano - for Fouts spot ?
    That's where some of this is coming from, I think. Your political consultant is your friend until you stop paying him and your opponent starts paying him, then he's your enemy.

Took a while to figure out the puzzle pieces and why the sudden flurry
    of crazy slanderous websites, articles, etc. on the internet.

https://www.facebook.com/ResignFouts/

Dirty politics in Warren is nothing new, always been a slugfest in the city

Steve Bieda of Warren working with Joe Disano

Nope. My interactions with Detroit govt. has generally been more professional than suburban govts, which tend to be amateur hour.

At the least, Detroit has civil service rules, so you can't just hire Bubba and Cletus from the gun club. You actually need degrees and qualifications.

Of course Detroit has lots of idiots too, but I have never seen more incompetence than in certain exurban communities.
    Detroit has gotten much better in its hiring but there are still plenty of unqualified friends and family and/or Kilpatrick people around.

This thread isn't about Detroit, nor people who aren't in a political office.
    Isn't this forum Detroit Yes? If so, why talk about Warren?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast