Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    They all sucked and the seats are half empty and their investors are losing millions and ready to pull out!
    Danny speaks wisely. I fear that if the fans boycott Detroit teams, some of the franchises may seek a better location. For example, now that Las Vegas has an NHL team and the Oakland Raiders of the NFL are moving here soon as the current season ends, there are enterprises in Vegas seriously looking for an MLB team to join the Golden Knights and the Raiders. I'm sure other non-MLB cities are on that train.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Danny speaks wisely. I fear that if the fans boycott Detroit teams, some of the franchises may seek a better location. For example, now that Las Vegas has an NHL team and the Oakland Raiders of the NFL are moving here soon as the current season ends, there are enterprises in Vegas seriously looking for an MLB team to join the Golden Knights and the Raiders. I'm sure other non-MLB cities are on that train.
    Well, in the end, Detroit will have to decide, how long they wish to be LOSING in major sports.

We do have winning teams. Even though all of our teams are in a slump right now.

The Lions won't exactly be missed if they move elsewhere. We could probably use Ford Field for Major League Soccer. After all, Gilbert has successful teams that he is an owner of.

The Pistons have shown that the slump won't last forever. Illitch owns teams that have won national championships. I'm sure if even one of those teams screw up, that there would be an IMMEDIATE change in management.

The Tigers may make a comeback next year, if we have the right people. There's a lot of what they should've could've and would've done, if they had the right people in MANAGEMENT.

The Red Wings have a history of WINNING, although they aren't winning as well now. They have shown throughout history that they always had the potential to win.

So in the end, it is up to ALL Detroiters to stand up when you have a team that keeps LOSING to take action, to show that we are TIRED of LOSING and the EXCUSES that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
    Well, in the end, Detroit will have to decide, how long they wish to be LOSING in major sports.

We do have winning teams. Even though all of our teams are in a slump right now.

The Lions won't exactly be missed if they move elsewhere. We could probably use Ford Field for Major League Soccer. After all, Gilbert has successful teams that he is an owner of.

The Pistons have shown that the slump won't last forever. Illitch owns teams that have won national championships. I'm sure if even one of those teams screw up, that there would be an IMMEDIATE change in management.

The Tigers may make a comeback next year, if we have the right people. There's a lot of what they should've could've and would've done, if they had the right people in MANAGEMENT.

The Red Wings have a history of WINNING, although they aren't winning as well now. They have shown throughout history that they always had the potential to win.

So in the end, it is up to ALL Detroiters to stand up when you have a team that keeps LOSING to take action, to show that we are TIRED of LOSING and the EXCUSES that come with it.
    The Tigers may make a comeback next year? Based on what? They are 2-3 years away in a long rebuild. Lions are going to move out of their own stadium so soccer can be played there, which was already attempted and turned down by the league? We have winning teams although they're all losing now? Do you follow sports at all?

Lets see what our Detroit Teams did last in 2019.

Detroit Tigers: SUCKED

Detroit Lions: SUCKED

Detroit Red Wings: SUCKED

Detroit Pistons BARELY MADE TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    A "better" location? Detroit is one of the top 5 sports markets in the country. We are one of the few that closely follows it's college teams and pro teams. It's the 12th largest media market, and that ignores Windsor and Toledo. No matter how bad every team is currently, we have got nothing to worry about in terms of potentially losing teams to other markets.