Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
The Red Wings are turning the corner with their rebuild, as they have one of the best under-25 cores in the NHL. Two years from now I believe they will be very competitive. I think the Lions quality defense and favorable cap situation means they could improve greatly with a smart draft and key free agent signings.

On the other side of the coin, the Tigers need 3 or more years and the Pistons cap situation makes my head hurt.

I think attendance is not bad considering how awful all four teams have been. It does not mean that fans dont care, but that they cannot justify the buck for very little bang. If the Wings or Pistons start winning regularly again, LCA will fill up and these cold winters of ineptitude will be a memory of the past.
Can’t agree with that first sentence regarding the Wings. I don’t think their under 25 core is very good. Manta is good, Larkin is good [[not great IMO) This team cannot put the puck in the net, power play sucks, defense sucks, goaltending is not good. I honestly think this is the worst Red Wings team ever. At least during the “darkness with Harkness” era they could beat some teams some nights. This team can’t beat anybody, they are beyond horrible. I’m all for giving Yzerman time but, after 5 years of Blashill, combined with a few months of Yzerman I was expecting something better then this.