Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I see you're still actively passive-aggressively insulting the United States and it's President.
    I did no such thing.

I actually went out of my way to say that I was not critiquing Trump and even explained why.

If you think that questioning the action of any American, over anything, ever is anti-American, there is no one more Anti-American than you!

I haven't even passed any judgment as to the conduct of Border Patrol or the hospital, only said that an investigation is merited. Given the deaths of two young children, in a short time span, surely the only reasonable thing.

Yet you pop up to ridicule the idea of reasonableness and intelligence yet again.

Sigh.

I made a proposal to you months ago, to get a petition together amongst your Canadian brethren, to demand Trudeau step in and offer asylum, aid, or citizenship to the members of the "caravan". How far along are you, and when can we expect your help to arrive?
    Oh, and for the record.......

The United States [[wonderful place that it is) took in about 50,000 refugees in 2017; it has also imposed a quota 40% smaller [[30,000) for 2018.

Canada with 1/9 of the US population projects to take in 53,000 this year.

I think my country is doing its share.

36,000 claimants have also arrived from the United States [[most are not US citizens).

Though, 2,550 were [[generally, minors born to illegals.)

Canada also takes in 350,000 immigrants each year apart from refugees.

That's a rate 3x higher than the US.

PS, not bragging, don't care except to set the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    I did no such thing.

I actually went out of my way to say that I was not critiquing Trump and even explained why.

If you think that questioning the action of any American, over anything, ever is anti-American, there is no one more Anti-American than you!

I haven't even passed any judgment as to the conduct of Border Patrol or the hospital, only said that an investigation is merited. Given the deaths of two young children, in a short time span, surely the only reasonable thing.

Yet you pop up to ridicule the idea of reasonableness and intelligence yet again.

Sigh.

You haven't shown any "reasonableness and intelligence yet", sigh.... You sit on another Countries forum, [[what's up with that anyway ???) saying one thing as a diversion tactic, then posting your typical slandering innuendos. you've always done it, and continue to do it. I suppose that gives you false sense of cleverness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    That's great, and irrelevant. No one is proposing such a ludicrous scenario. Who on earth supports open borders? The only two possible options are dead kids or no borders? Is that the latest Hannity-RT directive?

Anyone with an ounce of humanity would agree that you don't want dead kids, and anyone with an ounce of common sense would agree you can't simultaneously follow the Bible while hating your neighbor.
    Democrats and Chamber of Commerce Republicans want de facto open borders, That's who. Democrats want a demographic advantage. “The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success,” - Jennifer Palmieri, Hillary Clinton’s former top aide. I can't think of any Democrats who oppose chain migration, DACA, more "refugees" or advocate a wall or even a fence. Most Democrats, of course, pay lip service to a "responsible border policy" etc. but provide little evidence of doing so. Kieth Ellison even wore a shirt with the inscription "I don't believe in borders". At least he is honest. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has called for ICE to be abolished https://cnn.it/2Ksvuhs Then there are sanctuary cities and driver's licences for illegal non-citizens. In short. Democrats almost uniformly support de facto open borders.

"The only two possible options are dead kids or no borders" is not something I suggested. I suggested discouraging criminal violations of immigration, drug, and other laws, from coming to the U.S. by rolling up the welcome mat and punishing the employers of illegal non-citizens. I've supported fencing the border. I've supported enforcing existing naturalization law. Sending money to Guatemala or wherever to help people there instead of bringing them here to undermine American wages and buoy the Democratic Party is also a way to avoid more dead children. You can cut out your either/or nonsense.

For a non-religious person with a distaste bordering on seeming hatred of evangelicals, you sure like to whack people with Bibles. Discouraging illegals from putting their children in harm's way, to me, is a better idea than incentivizing them to risk the lives of their children coming here for work and then blaming Trump for anything that goes wrong. Its like Palestinians who push their women and children to the front of their mob trying to break into Israel and then act feign shock when something bad happens to those women and children. We differ in that I don't want the possibility of children dying when they reach the goal line while you incentivize their run to the border and then try to blame Trump when two children die trying. We also differ in that I prioritize my own neighbors and fellow citizens over invaders getting back to your Bible spouting.

I just checked and could not find an update to the cause of the second child's death. As of 11 hours ago, results have not been released. The federal government will be doing more health care screening however.
    Last edited by oladub; December-27-18 at 11:19 AM.

another Countries forum, [[what's up with that anyway ???)
    This is not 'another country's forum' Its Lowell's Forum.

He has spoken repeatedly and printed on this site that his chosen theme is Detroit-Windsor.

Windsor, in case you missed it, is in Canada.

I have also spent time in the Detroit area, know folks from Detroit etc.

Hence my ongoing interest and awareness of the site.

I see you're still actively passive-aggressively insulting the United States and it's President.
    The U.S. hasn't had a President in nearly 2 years. The Russian puppet currently squatting in the WH will be removed in due time, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Democrats and Chamber of Commerce Republicans want de facto open borders, That's who.
    You're lying, again. No one wants open borders.

Trump and his merry band of deluded racists are never gonna change their tune, so it's incumbent on the rest of us to go out and vote, and to condemn the Cult to the dustbin of history, if you want this country to survive.

The U.S. hasn't had a President in nearly 2 years. The Russian puppet currently squatting in the WH will be removed in due time, comrade.
    Are you paying attention to what is happening in the world?

Do not be scared,your president still loves you.

Ever listened to the Pink Floyd song “Mother” ?
    Last edited by Richard; December-27-18 at 01:15 PM.

This is not 'another country's forum' Its Lowell's Forum.He has spoken repeatedly and printed on this site that his chosen theme is Detroit-Windsor.
    Windsor, in case you missed it, is in Canada.

In case you missed Geography that day.

Name:  DetroitYES! Logo.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  16.4 KB

Name:  Detroit-Windsor Map.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  21.0 KB

Trump and his merry band of deluded racists are never gonna change their tune, so it's incumbent on the rest of us to go out and vote, and to condemn the Cult to the dustbin of history, if you want this country to survive.

Name:  Crying Baby.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  5.8 KB

Seems the Border Wall GoFundMe is running out of steam.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

After raising $16 million in its first six days, the GoFundMe has only managed to raise about $1.5 million in the last four days, bringing its total to just over $17.5 million [[or 1.75% of its goal of $1 billion, which was already 20% of its initial goal of $5 billion).

Only 289,000 donors so far, and over 60 million people voted for Trump! What's the matter guys, can't you break off a measly hundo for the Wall? Mexico will reimburse you later, Trump said so! The Wall NEEDS your support, open your wallets and give today!

Come on, your precious wall isn't even the top GoFundMe of 2018, it's still about $4 million short of matching the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund, which raised $22 million. I thought the Wall had universal and overwhelming public support, but you can't even beat a bunch of liberal snowflake feminists on Go Fund Me? That's not what I call "Winning!" Man up, donate $1000 to the Wall, put your money where your mouth is! Trump needs you to give so he doesn't have to.

You must have skipped the first paragraph in my previous post #29. You should look up de facto for good measure.

Did you find out the cause of the second child's death yet? I'm tempted to list the racial shortcomings of the Obama administration vs. the employment statistics of the Trump administration but this thread is supposed to be about two children who died after illegally entering the U.S. and maybe why they died and not your race baiting or Bible sermons.

Here is the latest I could find, "The father of an 8-year-old Guatemalan boy who died in U.S. custody took his son to the border after hearing rumors that parents and their children would be allowed to migrate to the United States and escape the poverty in their homeland, the boy's stepsister told The Associated Press... [[the boy's step-sister) Gomez Lucas would not say who spread the rumors or who transported the father and son to the border" -ABCnews

In Grapes of Wrath, Banks posted fake advertisements about jobs in California to get people to leave. Maybe the same thing is happening today to get people to leave Guatemala. This doesn't provide the exact medical reason for
    Felipe Gomez Alonzo's death but the false hope was part of the equation. I previously mentioned that incentivizing illegal migration contributed to these deaths.
    Last edited by oladub; December-27-18 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Seems the Border Wall GoFundMe is running out of steam....
    Uh-oh. Next they're going to have to use <gasp> "other people's money." The horror! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Uh-oh. Next they're going to have to use <gasp> "other people's money." The horror! LOL!

OH NO! You mean they'll become Democrats ?!?!

OH NO! You mean they'll become Democrats ?!?!
    You do realize Democrats, based on median income, earn more than Republicans, right?

You do realize your the one being subsidized? Right?

Just checking.

^ I thought it was based on mean or average income ?

Most of the democratic party consists of women and minorities and we are led to believe that they have a lower income level,so it is good to see they are now at median income levels and income disparity with women and minorities is no longer an issue.

See how far we have come in two short years.

What a guy that Trump is,he single handily wiped out income disparity with women and minorities,something the democratic party has been unable to accomplish in over 100 years, Gooooooo Trump

O,and build that big beautiful wall so we can save those children from harm,on the other side.
    Last edited by Richard; December-28-18 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ I thought it was based on mean or average income ?

Most of the democratic party consists of women and minorities and we are led to believe that they have a lower income level,so it is good to see they are now at mediam income levels and income disparity with women and minorities is no longer an issue.

See how far we have come in two short years.

What a guy that Trump is,he single handily wiped out income disparity with women and minorities. Gooooooo Trump

O,and build that big beautiful wall.
    Average is a misleading number in this case. A single 'billionaire' earner skews the numbers.

What you want is to understand where the majority of party supporters lie.

It should surprises no one that the party that has a more educated electoral base would have more upper-middle income earners.

Unto itself, by the way, So What?

Who cares?

I only offer that to rebuke the nonsense spewed by Honky.

^ gotcha,rebuke nonsense spewed by spewing nonsense,makes sense to me.

"He told us that [Felipe] was fine all day, that he was playing with other children. But then he said he felt bad and his stomach ached," Gomez Lucas recalled her father saying.

She told the AP that their father was dealing with a massive debt. He had recently sold land and earned about $6 a day, but that was not enough to support his family, so he decided to take out a loan and travel to the U.S., she said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sick-relat...ry?id=60033616

I remember when my children were young,oddly enough they were never sick,until they were.

So it is public knowledge now that they are fleeing economic hardship,or a series of bad decisions that created the hardship,which is not a qualifier for asylum.

So the next round will be with a bunch of attorneys lined up with lawsuits and counting on public opinion in order to circumvent the laws again,and push for them to stay in the country.

Go-Fund-Me for the legal costs in 3....2....1.....

The 2011 minimum wage was 63.70 quetzales [[$8.16) per day for agricultural and nonagricultural work and 59.45 quetzales [[$7.61) per day for work in garment factories .

http://www.terraexperience.com/guate...nimum_wage.htm

So my question would be,if he only had the skills to make minimum wage in Guatemala and comparing apples to apples,how is he going to make it here on minimum wage while feeding a family without subsidies.

Who provides a loan to somebody that is making less then minimum wage and has no money,no property and based on they are going to travel 2500 miles to a country knowing full well the current state of the immigration turmoil.

Give me the name of that banker.

That is the set up right there,and touches on what they are told and coached to say to immigration,my life is now in danger if I go back,because if I do not have the money,they will kill my family.

Like the earlier comment about everybody thinking the streets in America are paved in gold.

Last edited by Richard; December-28-18 at 12:43 AM.

That would make sense to you. Though it certainly does not to me, and you can not describe my post that way without lying.

^ I am thinking of changing standard formulas so I can be a 1% etr.

So you may have all the brains but I can hire many smarter then you,as they say,a dime a dozen,and use it as a write off.

Heck,I can now build an entire university and have thousands of really smart people adept at changing the parameters in order to suit.

Now you have become just like the rest of us,just an everyday Joe Schmo.

Not to throw a distraction in there,but do you have anything else relevant to add about our invasion at the southern border.

Extreme poverty is defined as living on $1.25 or less a day. In 2010, 414 million people were living in extreme poverty across sub-Saharan Africa. According to the World Bank, those living on $1.25 a day accounted for 48.5 percent of the population in that region in 2010.

So what do you think? Canada takes in 207 million from there and we take in the other 207 million?

We could start smaller.

In 2012, extreme poverty in the Philippines was estimated at 19.2 percent of the population, or about 18.4 million people, based on the international poverty line of $1.25 per day.

That would only be 9.2 million per country,sounds more doable,eh

Do people really think that we can fix the worlds poverty aspect by relocating 1 billion people to America.

Hold my beer.
    Last edited by Richard; December-28-18 at 01:16 AM.

"He told us that [Felipe] was fine all day, that he was playing with other children. But then he said he felt bad and his stomach ached," Gomez Lucas recalled her father saying.

She told the AP that their father was dealing with a massive debt. He had recently sold land and earned about $6 a day, but that was not enough to support his family, so he decided to take out a loan and travel to the U.S., she said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sick-relat...ry?id=60033616

I remember when my children were young,oddly enough they were never sick,until they were.

So it is public knowledge now that they are fleeing economic hardship,or a series of bad decisions that created the hardship,which is not a qualifier for asylum.

So the next round will be with a bunch of attorneys lined up with lawsuits and counting on public opinion in order to circumvent the laws again,and push for them to stay in the country.

Go-Fund-Me for the legal costs in 3....2....1.....

The 2011 minimum wage was 63.70 quetzales [[$8.16) per day for agricultural and nonagricultural work and 59.45 quetzales [[$7.61) per day for work in garment factories .

http://www.terraexperience.com/guate...nimum_wage.htm

So my question would be,if he only had the skills to make minimum wage in Guatemala and comparing apples to apples,how is he going to make it here on minimum wage while feeding a family without subsidies.

Who provides a loan to somebody that is making less then minimum wage and has no money,no property and based on they are going to travel 2500 miles to a country knowing full well the current state of the immigration turmoil.

Give me the name of that banker.

That is the set up right there,and touches on what they are told and coached to say to immigration,my life is now in danger if I go back,because if I do not have the money,they will kill my family.

Like the earlier comment about everybody thinking the streets in America are paved in gold.

Again, I don't believe all these people were sitting around in a bar somewhere and one guy stands up and says "Hey! Why don't we all move to the United States!?!?" This was/is being orchestrated for a purpose. Whether its the Democrats to foster hatred for the Trump regime, or the Trump regime to foster support for the wall. Regardless of who's behind it, the click-bait media headline, is bullshit. Apparently, they found the gullible audience they were seeking.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-28-18 at 06:32 AM.

You do realize Democrats, based on median income, earn more than Republicans, right?

You do realize your the one being subsidized? Right?

Just checking.
    At least nineteen of the twenty richest congressional districts voted for democratic representatives in the last election. In November, Republicans lost a few seats in this elite demographic. Trump's tax increases for the rich and his continued assault on cheap foreign help didn't help rich suburbanites. Numbers reveal the hoax.

Weren't you encouraging us to stay on topic in a previous post? Here, I'll help get this thread back on track.

Felipe Gomez Alonzo, it turns out, had the flu. The girl who died had Sepsis. It didn't help that both were taken on a demanding journey, that Felipe's father, at one point, refused medical help for Felipe, or that their parents were given hope and incentives to risk their children's lives.

Edited to add: Alanzo's mother told Reuters that Alanzo was sent along to improve the family's chances of getting across the border. “Lots of them have gone with children and managed to cross, even if they’re held for a month or two. But they always manage to get across easily,” she told Reuters in an interview." She also said that the coyotes were warning that now was the time to go because if Trump built a wall it would be much more difficult to sneak into the U.S..

Another migrant caravan — this one estimated at 15,000 people — is preparing to leave Honduras on Jan. 15.
    Last edited by oladub; December-28-18 at 08:05 PM.

Again, I don't believe all these people were sitting around in a bar somewhere and one guy stands up and says "Hey! Why don't we all move to the United States!?!?" This was/is being orchestrated for a purpose. Whether its the Democrats to foster hatred for the Trump regime, or the Trump regime to foster support for the wall. Regardless of who's behind it, the click-bait media headline, is bullshit. Apparently, they found the gullible audience they were seeking.

There were US based charitable organizations that played a big role in helping arrange transportation,medical care,clothing packages and food.

The Red Cross had stations set up across the route and the new clothing packaging had Red Cross insignias.

What ever It was it was well planned and I agree that it was not a snap decision.

The woman reported that she heard rumors that by showing up at the border with a child improved your chances of being allowed entry which at that time when the whole family being detained struggle was going on.

The same time the judge ruled that the time detained for families must be restricted,which kinda went behind immigrations back in fighting the whole catch and release aspect.

But even at that the percentage of actual families in this group is low.

Potential immigrants have a tight community where word travels fast,Trump campaigns on building the wall and attempted illegal immigration drops through the floor,the media starts arguing about allowing everybody in and all of the sudden the rush is on,backed up by calls to dis ban ICE,the perception that they will gain public support is reinforced.

We have quotas on immigration according to each country as to what we can absorb,common sense dictates that we cannot asorb 10,000 at a time,but common sense is no longer a priority in life as it would seem.

One way or another this situation needs to be investigated as to motives but my guess is that we will never know with all of the buffers that were put in place.

^^^ The 'tip-for-tap' factor does seem to emerge. But as you've pulled a link from a conservative news [[sic) source it will not stand up in a court of law!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast