Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The whole thread is reminiscent of what I had to endure in Catholic school in the 60/70's when they were worried about the Chinese having so many kids that they would take over the world so we were told that it was our DUTY to be good Catholic wives and have large families so we could keep up with the Communists.
    Needless to say, that is not what I had in mind when I started this thread!

The idea was to discuss the high level issue of people misunderstanding one another, with the male-female dynamic provided as example.

Misapprehension that occurs by way of people not carefully listening to what others are saying, or understanding how a speaker may have a different life-history, experience, or even biology such that certain words or ideas have a different meaning or a different slant that they would coming from the listener.

I was willing to go w/Oladub's discussion point on the basis that at least he was trying to have a conversation, which I have found almost impossible here as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Needless to say, that is not what I had in mind when I started this thread!

The idea was to discuss the high level issue of people misunderstanding one another, with the male-female dynamic provided as example.

Misapprehension that occurs by way of people not carefully listening to what others are saying, or understanding how a speaker may have a different life-history, experience, or even biology such that certain words or ideas have a different meaning or a different slant that they would coming from the listener.

I was willing to go w/Oladub's discussion point on the basis that at least he was trying to have a conversation, which I have found almost impossible here as of late.
    I hear ya, CV, and I know that wasn't your intent; it's just the vibe I'm getting. It's almost as if some people think the only thing women are good for are populating the earth and look decorative while doing so. Oh, and cooking.

I hear ya, CV, and I know that wasn't your intent; it's just the vibe I'm getting. It's almost as if some people think the only thing women are good for are populating the earth and look decorative while doing so. Oh, and cooking.
    and what about the laundry? A man can only turn his socks and underwear inside out so many times.

It goes back to how an individual views others and at what level are they allowed to think,act,react etc. as an individual.

The whole thread is reminiscent of what I had to endure in Catholic school in the 60/70's when they were worried about the Chinese having so many kids that they would take over the world so we were told that it was our DUTY to be good Catholic wives and have large families so we could keep up with the Communists.
    When you say it was something that you had to endure,is that what you were thinking at that time and age? Or looking back now it is a feeling of something that you had to endure?

Large families were not uncommon as a hold over of the more rural times in order to have help on the farms.Religion also played a role on the birth control aspect.

Two world wars wiped out 120 million people and depleted the population and in the 30,40s a large percentage of the population could not afford to feed another mouth let alone make babies.

Living in a high immigration state it is interesting when dealing with the differences between women in general.

Most foreign women are geared towards the whole taking care of their man aspect until they become Americanized,but yet there are American women who do the same thing,if that is what they are comfortable with why try and convince them it is not the right thing to do.

It is kinda like asking what the meaning of life is,there is no answer,because it will have a different meaning to each different person.

I kinda like the redistribution of people aspect,we could go to Brazil and redistribute their women over here and have a government mandated procreation act.

When you receive a fine if you do not partake in such activities and a tax credit if you do.

In all seriousness,it is actually a real issue in Japan.

Which is actually cause and effect of where we are today and where it leads.