Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by barrah View Post
    I'm very sad with the things going on with Tigers right now... following the news but I don't see anything positive just talks about players with big "potential"
    We'll be in rebuild mode for the next 4-5 years. Any positive news is just spin. Wish they would own the rebuild like the 76ers did with "The Process" a few years ago. Then again, Philly has much better fans than Detroit. Looking forward to cheap tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    We'll be in rebuild mode for the next 4-5 years. Any positive news is just spin. Wish they would own the rebuild like the 76ers did with "The Process" a few years ago. Then again, Philly has much better fans than Detroit. Looking forward to cheap tickets.
    Oh yes, of course, especially Eagles fans - they’re quite charming.

Yep, we have a HFC chanting smoke/mirrors while he is trying to "Respect the Process".....
    Last edited by Smirnoff; December-06-18 at 03:07 PM.

I think 2-3 more years in rebuild mode is much more likely. The next two years will feature a lot of current prospects coming up from the minors, two more years of high draft picks, and the expiration of all free agent salary commitments other than Miggy.

Two years from now, the Tigers should have a very low payroll, a number of young quality players on the major league team, and a well stocked farm system.

It is quite likely that they will begin pursuing free agents and making moves to improve the big league club either at that point, or one year later.

Quote Originally Posted by erikd View Post
    I think 2-3 more years in rebuild mode is much more likely.
    I hope so!