My parents have their will and power of attorney in place for each of them. Everything is to be divided equally. I have power of attorney over their affairs, [[here's where being the eldest comes into play).

Our youngest sister will not be told about this - A decision that mom and dad made, because it is something between them and my sister. My brother, over seas, really can't be bothered at this time. Besides, he would just tell me to do what I think is best. He has before in other situations.

I agree totally that what is between my parents and my unemployed sister should be between them. I just want to do right by everyone concerned.

My parents have asked for my input, as they do not know how to "go about it", [[their words, not mine), and they want to help my sister. I want to help her too. I will not let my sister become homeless.

Thank you everyone for your input. I really do appreciate having all the ideas and suggestions you've taken the time to give me.

That's why I love this forum. We have some of the most knowledgeable and caring people on here.