Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Here they have little docking stations scattered about as return points that they are supposed to be returned to.

So when the gps shuts the motor down they reported that it becomes like any other non powered scooter,I am thinking if one needs to use the app to activate and photo required on return they can hold the actual renter responsible and bar from future use.

I watched a cop show in Miami where they charged a guy with theft when he took one to just cruise around non powered,but they could not contact somebody from the actual company in order to press charges,so they let him go.
    A lot of our sidewalks are vintage and not very wide,the issue becomes when they are dropped sideways it creates navigation problems for people in wheelchairs.

I wonder if the issue is more so some just grabbing them and useing them without renting them,maybe they could have a interlock brake tied to the GPS and a locking docking station?

I like the concept,we ditch the car when going to Key West and rent mopeds to transit around and it is fun.

I guess it is like anything else,there is always some that will abuse it,just need to maybe tweak it a bit.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-19 at 09:07 AM.