Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

^Before I buy a product or service I always first call their Customer Service Dept. and almost without exception I’m answered in gobbledegook English. Then I make my purchasing decision. I’m sick and tired of gobbledegook English!!!

I was viewing my preferred TV News Channel OAN today and they reported on the cost of illegal aliens to Canada, but referred to them as IRREGULAR ALIENS - sickeningly “pc”. When are we going to speak ENGLISH and call a spade a spade?

Welcome to my world,stopped at Mc Donald’s today,if I had not figured out how to change the ordering menu kiosk to English,I would not have been able to eat,the music and help was strictly Spanish.

The school system in Orlando hires Spanish speaking teachers in order to teach the classes,some schools if your kids only speak English then,they are not going to learn much.

The one thing nobody seems to have a problem learning is what a $100 bill is.

I was viewing my preferred TV News Channel OAN today and they reported on the cost of illegal aliens to Canada, but referred to them as IRREGULAR ALIENS - sickeningly “pc”. When are we going to speak ENGLISH and call a spade a spade?
    Actually they are being entirely accurate.

As per this report:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4355394/i...anadas-border/

But legal experts who testified before the committee disagree with Hussen’s interpretation of the law, saying it is not illegal for someone to enter Canada for the purpose of making an asylum claim at any point along the Canada-U.S. border.

In fact, these experts say both international and Canadian law grant specific exemptions to asylum seekers, preventing them from being prosecuted for offences related to their efforts to claim refugee protection in Canada. This includes exemptions for using false passports and other documents, making certain false statements and crossing international borders irregularly.

“I find it difficult to frame this as illegality, given Canada’s obligations to refugees,” said Peter Edelmann, a Vancouver-based criminal defense and immigration lawyer.

I’d like to emphasize that it is not a contravention of IRPA to cross at a place other than a port of entry,” he said.

The key here is that they must be crossing for the purpose of making an asylum claim; and they must report to customs for the purpose of making that application forthwith.

In the case of the infamous border crossing spot in Quebec, this is not a challenge, as the RCMP are arresting people the moment they cross. Once they file their asylum claim, they may stay, pending the outcome of the hearing.
    Last edited by Canadian Visitor; November-30-18 at 06:41 PM.

Two days ago, a woman in line behind me at a local market wanted to speak to a manager. She was a well dressed, middle aged woman that proceeded to yell and verbally abuse him because "THEY NEED TO HIRE ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE", "WHY DO YOU HIRE PEOPLE THAT CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH". This crazed bitch would not stop shooting her mouth off until several customers [[myself included) let her know that she was out of line. Not only did she proceed to bring this employee to tears, she may have put her job in jeopardy but fortunately, the manager comforted the employee and asked this woman to leave.

So all you naysayers that can't stand the thought of someone who's first language is other than english, good luck with that. Pretty sure it's here to stay.
    Last edited by Maof; December-01-18 at 03:32 PM.

We'd better keep Richard away from her for his own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Two days ago, a woman in line behind me at a local market wanted to speak to a manager. She was a well dressed, middle aged woman that proceeded to yell and verbally abuse him because "THEY NEED TO HIRE ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE", "WHY DO YOU HIRE PEOPLE THAT CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH". This crazed bitch would not stop shooting her mouth off until several customers [[myself included) let her know that she was out of line. Not only did she proceed to bring this employee to tears, she may have put her job in jeopardy but fortunately, the manager comforted the employee and asked this woman to leave.

So all you naysayers that can't stand the thought of someone who's first language is other than english, good luck with that. Pretty sure it's here to stay.
    Bet that made you feel all warm and fuzzy. You found a “crazed bitch” that spoke the language of her country and expected the same in return, but you don’t explain what language “the manager” or the “several customers” spoke. What was the name of the shop and who owned it?
    Last edited by coracle; December-01-18 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    ^ “Illegal aliens tend to be poorly educated and have trouble with English.”
    We need them for Customer Service jobs.
    Best chuckle I've had today. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    We'd better keep Richard away from her for his own safety.
    Yea like there are not enough crazy women around already.

With the Internet it is pointless to make a scene in a store,they cannot understand what you are saying anyways,I just send an email to the companies headquarters saying,if you do not wish to do business with english speaking customers,please post a notice on the door so we do not waste our time entering the building.

It has worked with Wal Mart and several other national corporations who implement policies whereas there must be at least one English speaking person advailable.

You know what is funny?

Asians come to America,they speak English.
    Middle easterners come to amercia,they speak English.
    People from South America and Hati come to America,they speak English.

You know the one group in America that refuses to speak english and they are already considered Americans.

Puerto Ricans

People can come from every corner of the earth to this country and within months they learn and speak English.

But for some reason Puerto Rican’s refuse to speak the common language or English as an act of defiance or for whatever reason.

The advantage is you can hire them cheap because without learning english they are self regulated to working the low end jobs and lower wages.

Most cases you can hire them cheaper then illegals.

Bet that made you feel all warm and fuzzy. You found a “crazed bitch” that spoke the language of her country and expected the same in return, but you don’t explain what language “the manager” or the “several customers” spoke. What was the name of the shop and who owned it?
    Warm and fuzzy? Look, she WAS a crazy bitch. She was way out of line and would not let up on a college age kid who spoke broken english. Instead of speaking with another employee or pulling the manager aside, she went bat shit crazy, making a scene and made herself look bad.

Sorry, the U.S. doesn't have an official language.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Sorry, the U.S. doesn't have an official language.

No, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    No, not anymore.
    What is with this moral panic BS that because some store clerk [[not all store clerks, not most store clerks, just a few store clerks) doesn't speak English that somehow you or your country are in jeopardy?

Really?

What kind of cowardice and inanity is that?

English, is the 3rd most common 1st language on earth.

English is the most common second language on earth.

Take these two together and you get almost 900 million speakers [[and more still when third and fourth languages are added), only rivaled by Mandarin Chinese at just a hair above 1 billion speakers.

English is the mandatory language of international aviation in every country on earth.

Did you lose sleep over the South Koreans, Mexicans or Russians that had to learn English to be pilots? OMG their countries are all in the toilet, there all going to speak English!

[[rolls eyes)

Really the hatred on display here is about personal inadequacy reflected as misplaced hate.

Some of you hateful lot have barely got the gist of English, let alone any other language, and much as you drive a big truck to make up for a small penis, you outwardly hate someone to make yourself feel superior.

Your not. Get over it.

[[to be clear there are good reasons to own a big truck, I just don't think most haters have one)

The United States will live on, in some form, English will live on too, for a very long time, both will be here, long after you are gone.

Suck it up snowflakes.

Stop hating.

No, not anymore.
    we never had an “official” language. I don’t understand the angst about people speaking one or two or three other languages. As matter fact I envy them. I’m sure most of our grandparents, if not parents, Had heavy accents and were more comfortable speaking their native tongues. It’s usually second generation immigrants who no longer have an accent and are more able to speak English than their parents. My grandparents were both born in Hungary in the 1880s, Immigrated here in the early 1900sand still had heavy accents till they died, my grandmother in 1978.
    Last edited by jcole; December-02-18 at 11:12 PM.

Mi conjetura es que no has pasado mucho tiempo en el sur de América.

veamos cuántos pueden continuar la conversación usando el nuevo idioma común del español.
    Last edited by Richard; December-02-18 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Mi conjetura es que no has pasado mucho tiempo en el sur de América.

veamos cuántos pueden continuar la conversación usando el nuevo idioma común del español.
    ¿Cómo se relaciona la cantidad de tiempo que una
    persona ha pasado en
    el sur de América con esta discusión?

Maravilloso, no tiene sentido en dos idiomas

For the benefit of non-Spanish speakers, what I wrote was:

"How does the amount of time a person has spent in the South of America relate to this discussion at all?

Wonderful, you make no sense in two languages. "

For further clarity, what Richard said, in English:

My guess is that you have not spent much time in the South of America.

let's see how many can continue the conversation using the new
    common language of Spanish.

Last edited by Canadian Visitor; December-03-18 at 12:06 AM.

^ wonderful how you do not even understand the many different dialects of the Spanish language,which is country and regional based.

Southern America not South America.

Why would you need to translate for the benefit of others,you made a post on how people are haters for speaking the common language of English.

That is contradicting because in the real world nobody speaks English for the benefit non-Spanish speakers.

Interesting enough is I can go into a Hispanic owned store that has 99% of their clients of Hispanic origin but owned by a Cuban,Columbian,Guatemalan,Peruvian etc. and they will always have a cashier that can communicate in English.

Go into one owned by a Puerto Rican or an amercian based company such as Wal-Mart and if you do not speak Spanish,you are on your own.

We will not even get into the ones that move from different parts of New York City with an attitude that they are exempt from things like waiting in line or at red lights like everybody else,no matter what language they speak.
    Last edited by Richard; December-03-18 at 09:04 AM.

^ wonderful how you do not even understand the many different dialects of the Spanish language,which is country and regional based.

Southern America not South America.

Why would you need to translate for the benefit of others,you made a post on how people are haters for speaking the common language of English.

That is contradicting because in the real world nobody speaks English for the benefit non-Spanish speakers.

Interesting enough is I can go into a Hispanic owned store that has 99% of their clients of Hispanic origin but owned by a Cuban,Columbian,Guatemalan,Peruvian etc. and they will always have a cashier that can communicate in English.

Go into one owned by a Puerto Rican or an amercian based company such as Wal-Mart and if you do not speak Spanish,you are on your own.

We will not even get into the ones that move from different parts of New York City with an attitude that they are exempt from things like waiting in line or at red lights like everybody else,no matter what language they speak.

Richard, you are being a dick.

Southern America is South of America too, ain’t it? Where was CanVis wrong about that?

You have to admit that your wife wrote that bit of Spanish any old how.

^ yea you are right and I stand or sit corrected,some want to create the situation that they left.

My wife I had to send back to Japan,her batteries kept draining while in the middle of doing the dishes,kinda pointless to keep her if I have to do my own dishes,they would not even give me a loner while she was being repaired.

One figures with all of the advanced technology they should at least be able to do dishes and laundry before a recharge.

I told them I was not going to give them a 5 star rating,but it did not help.

First world problems,eh
    Last edited by Richard; December-03-18 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    we never had an “official” language. I don’t understand the angst about people speaking one or two or three other languages. As matter fact I envy them. I’m sure most of our grandparents, if not parents, Had heavy accents and were more comfortable speaking their native tongues. It’s usually second generation immigrants who no longer have an accent and are more able to speak English than their parents. My grandparents were both born in Hungary in the 1880s, Immigrated here in the early 1900sand still had heavy accents till they died, my grandmother in 1978.

There is no "angst" about speaking two or three languages. I have no clue what your point is or what you're going on about, do you?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-03-18 at 07:47 PM.

^ yea you are right and I stand or sit corrected,some want to create the situation that they left.

My wife I had to send back to Japan,her batteries kept draining while in the middle of doing the dishes,kinda pointless to keep her if I have to do my own dishes,they would not even give me a loner while she was being repaired.

One figures with all of the advanced technology they should at least be able to do dishes and laundry before a recharge.

I told them I was not going to give them a 5 star rating,but it did not help.

First world problems,eh

Loner or loaner?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Loner or loaner?
    Well since she is in for service,I cannot loaner out.

I think they are going to reprogram her to identify as a roomba,so she can automatically plug herself in.Supposed to be an easy fix.
    Last edited by Richard; December-03-18 at 09:18 PM.

Most of the comment wasn’t directed at you other than the fact that you said no not anymore when in fact we’ve never had an official language.
    There is no "angst" about speaking two or three languages. I have no clue what your point is or what you're going on about, do you?
    There’s plenty of angst in this country about people having accents
    other than “English” ones, which actually isn’t even the accent that we have. There’s plenty of angst about people speaking languages other than English in public. Just read some of the comments here.
    Last edited by jcole; December-03-18 at 11:26 PM.

• You have "good moral character."
    • You can read, write and speak English.
    • You can pass a test about U.S. history and government.
    • You will swear that you believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and will be loyal to the U.S.

That is the partial requirements for obtaining a citizenship in the United States.

So in immigrations eyes,english would be to Common Language requirement,Not French or Spanish.

It does clearly say read,write and speak English.

Personaly I do not have angst,I have a car and the ability to move.

Which is probably why most southern cites with heavy immigrants that only speak the language of their origins tend to look like the places that they left,because those with the ability leave and the enclaves turn into another collection of low end service workers.

The businesses do not care because you make money off of the poor and not the ones with meens,they learned that concept from the Dems,the more poor that you have the more you can control them.

The Interesting thing is,when it comes to local education systems,the library etc. there is plenty of free choices and education provided in order to learn the Spanish language but zero options for learning English at no cost.

In Orlando the Vo-Yech was offering free,taxpayer paid,Spanish lessons,but no free English language lessons.

So the system is geared towards keeping people down.
    Last edited by Richard; December-04-18 at 09:09 AM.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast