Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
canuck, That's an interesting take you have on the "masses"; you know, like people who go shopping at Walmart. You stereotype them as all reading the National Enquirer. That has the condescending flavor of calling working people "deplorables". Your NY Times link, an always impartial source, didn't specify Walmart shoppers. It mentioned Safeway and groceries in general across the nation; our nation not yours. I've seen a lot of presumably Mexican families shopping in rural Walmarts trying to stretch their dollars too. Are you suggesting that Hondurans who cross the border for American jobs and benefits won't do the same?

Yes, that’s an interesting take you have there oladub, I don’t know about condescending, just ask your President for guidance as far as who deserves praise and who doesn’t. He seems to be pretty good at dishing out invectives at would be immigrants, but he refrains his impulses as far as the MAGA cultists, his bread and butter voters.

The National Enquirer has a certain quality to it that I can’t help associating with the "People of Walmart" synthesized on the website of the same name. As for the "working people" deplorability tinge, I’m sorry I can’t help you with that one. I don’t equate working people with anything, that is part of the hogwash that is left over from the right wing idea of keeping people in their place. The working population of the US comprises all manner of occupations, and the unemployment is pretty low.

As for the swamp needing to be drained, that is an appropriate simile if you think of the climate-change negationist; anti-science bent in the administration. Swamps are important to the survival of many species, but they are always equated with the ugly nuisances of Nature. But they of course want to bulldoze and build a shopping mall, a golf course or a hotel, because that’s what the Chump knows; anyways, you get my drift.