Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
The best move that the Pistons owner Gores had done so far was to reluctantly bring the team back downtown at the taxpayer's expense. He will have to cough up more money for consistent 3 point shooters if he could lure them to Detroit. It will take a man like Dan Gilbert to purchase the team and put some real talent on it. I know that Dan Gilbert himself could not purchase the team unless he sell the Cavaliers and buy the Pistons but I don't see that happening in the near future. Gores could get better talent on the team if he had corporate entities backing him with the funding to purchase good players
I disagree, especially about Gilbert, and how he runs the Cavaliers. His meal ticket is gone again, and they're a complete mess. Love is injured and out a couple of months. They fired Lue, and they don't want to pay interim coach Drew a salary bump until they decide on a coach, and Gilbert has had 4 different GM's over the span of 8 years. They should blow it up, trade players and start over.