Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

Yeah! The king don’t need to heed the don’t drink and drive and don’t poke stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yeah! The king don’t need to heed the don’t drink and drive and don’t poke stuff.
    He can squeeze the Charmin with impunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    He can squeeze the Charmin with impunity!

There was a time and place for that, it don’t exist no more.

“They passed one of the nation’s most ambitious “social equity” laws, intended to help the Black and Hispanic communities that paid the steepest price from the war on drugs participate in the lucrative industry. “

There appears to be a level of irony in that,the answer to helping black and Hispanic communities that suffered the worst from the drug trade,is to make it easier to buy them,and was the drug trade in Detroit long controlled by white men?

This whole social experiment is interesting to watch play out,California has some of the most liberal laws regarding it but yet right alongside of it the illegal weed trade has not changed.

This is an example of implementing dramatic change ,they should have decriminalized it first,then go into the next phase,people thought it was going to be as simple as that .

Party stores in Detroit are not as a majority owned by blacks and Hispanics and the money received there flows put back to the suburbs and does not stay within the community,why is this viewed in a different light?
    Last edited by Richard; May-15-22 at 10:46 AM.

The worst part to me is there are certain individuals[[s) within the medical weed community who took great chances to break down the door within the city that really led the State-wide movement to legalize. Their reward is/was to sit back and let others seize the initiative in the surrounding suburbs and take their business.

We've had legal weed for 2 years. The sky hasn't fallen, and tax revenue has just passed those of liquor in several States.

An edible or two and a bike ride...10 for $10 @ a local dispensary near you. Leave the Budweiser and smoke behind.

I find indica gummies are the best relaxation I can get outside of a bottle of Stoli and being as I quit drinking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    The worst part to me is there are certain individuals[[s) within the medical weed community who took great chances to break down the door within the city that really led the State-wide movement to legalize. Their reward is/was to sit back and let others seize the initiative in the surrounding suburbs and take their business.

We've had legal weed for 2 years. The sky hasn't fallen, and tax revenue has just passed those of liquor in several States.

An edible or two and a bike ride...10 for $10 @ a local dispensary near you. Leave the Budweiser and smoke behind.

Its one thing to implement change or policies ,but most just looked at the surface and paid little attention to the actual implementation.

That is the price that is being paid now,there is another thread in this when it was first being debated,then when it was passed,bam 270 stores open up,it was a risky venture from day one,there is no city in the country that has ever allowed alcohol sales X amount from a school or church,so who would think putting a weed dispensary next to a school would not draw negative attention out of the gate.

The part we do not know about is because it is not recognized on the federal level and Detroit may receive more federal funds then the suburbs,the feds may be twisting the arm a bit.

I have not actually smoked it sense I went into the service in 78 ,last week my sciatica was so bad that I could not walk from the living room to the kitchen,somebody said try these gummy’s,ate 1 it did nothing,ate 3 with not even a buzz,they were supposed to be 80%,so then they gave me a cupcake that tasted like eating raw weed and it blasted me with two bites.

If you have an African community that was front line and center in a drug war and bore witness to the devastation it caused,could you blame them for being a bit gun shy when it comes to bringing them back into the community unfettered,it’s not like the entire African American community is into drugs.

Maybe a majority does even not support it in the first place,instead of trying to make the case of it is the white man in the suburbs that is stealing the drug trade from Detroit,how about the people that it effects directly,the citizens of the city,make that decision.

Its been legalized somewhat but the next step is the responsible implementation of it in the city,that takes community involvement and letting their voice being heard at city council meetings etc.

You cannot put the cart in front of the horse and then get mad because the horse wants to go the opposite direction.

In the city I live in you do not see them enmass,they have pretty much the same policies as Detroit,it’s not that they are not readily available but it has done what the intended effect was supposed to do,which was to stop the police from arresting for small amounts.

They still take the stance if you are pulled over of,I smell weed,I do not care if you have personal use but it does give me an excuse to search your car.

Down side of that is people are now freely smoking whenever,wherever,you do not even have to buy it,just walk around and get a free contact high.

Look at the reversal though,in the past it was the ones from the suburbs coming into the city to buy their drugs.

I can go buy them pretty anywhere I want,legal or not they are everywhere,the places that sell them,medical card or not changed the packaging and marketing in order to circumvent.

If it makes sense,I can go in legally and purchase products that are technically illegal to do so.

You have to learn how to manipulate technicalities in order to make them work for you,lawsuits are time and money with no guarantees with results in your favor,the worst thing is keeping it front in center in the public eye,if they had kept it low key the majority would have never thought twice about it.
    Last edited by Richard; May-15-22 at 01:04 PM.

Don't matter none to me. Never used it, never had any desire to. And always drank in moderation. But you pot heads go ahead and do what you must. Just stay away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Don't matter none to me. Never used it, never had any desire to. And always drank in moderation. But you pot heads go ahead and do what you must. Just stay away from me.
    I think if you keep your pitted prunes and Metamucil out of sight... you should be OK...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I think if you keep your pitted prunes and Metamucil out of sight... you should be OK...
    Dang, I try, but if you see me running to the nearest John, please duck out of the way.....................

12. Default

And let's not forget all the tax dollars the legalized states and localities were wasting on arrests, trials and incarcerations of cannabis law offenders.

Will marijuana be legalized on the federal level?
    FOX 5 [DC]'s Katie Barlow discusses President Biden's pardoning of marijuana possession convictions and how the system has disproportionately arrested and convicted many more people of color than white people even though the use of pot is about the same regardless of race.
    At this point it seems inevitable.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-29-22 at 01:27 PM.

They have come this far might as well carry it out,there is a mixed bag of reporting and actions from those cities and states that have already implemented it.

70% of purchasers are boomers because the cost is so high,get it - high

It has not effected street sales or prices.

Tax revenue shot up at the beginning but then tapered off and is actually declining.

State of California authorized and licensed farmers to grow it,but once the crops were ready to harvest the local police busted them and destroyed the crops.

Local police follow the cash trucks and seize them under the federal drug forfeiture laws.

Not so nice people follow the dispensary owners then rob them because it is an all cash business,and lots of it.

I know a few sitting in prison for life for a lousy few tons and they have not received a pardon,they are white or a few shades lighter then African Americans and did not receive any special attention because of their skin color.

I think the reason for the difference in race playing a role in who gets incarcerated more is because drugs as a whole hit the African American community the hardest so that was where most of the raids and stings went down,thats why even the cartels have switched to the suburbs as stash houses etc,draws less attention.

I still say they should have decriminalized it first in order to stop the arrests of small amount then worked on totally legalizing it,the whole putting the cart in front of the horse has turned it into a cluster phuck and is still not resolving the issue.

Legal or not it is still being used as a - I smell weed,I need to search your car,just simply saying you smell it gives probable cause,weather they smell it or not.

Just weed in itself is a multi billion dollar cash cow for the feds in forfeitures and seizures, it’s free money to them,I do not think they are going to just give that up,no matter what the current suit says.

i95 - I75 etc represents a large part of state and local police budgets in seizures they will also fight tooth and nail not to give that up.

DEA,IRS,Drug task force,Coast guard,partnerships with other countries and funding,just in weed alone that’s billions,let alone payoffs of highly placed people,and people think that one day we will wake up and it will all be legal,there are more making money off of it while being illegal then to make it legal.

The United States make up 70% of the worlds weed market and employs 100s of thousands and is equal to the GDP of some countries where without it thousands more would be thrown into poverty,so there is international politics involved.

It’s a bit more complicated then a stroke of a pen legalize it totally and you still have the cartels to deal with,they will flood the market with other stuff like fentanyl in order not to see a reduction in revenues.

Local street sales will be at war with the dispensary’s over turf in major cities,I do not have an issue with it being legal but we are talking about something that has so many layers involved and if not done right we could end up with something that we do not wish for in a bad way.

You cannot cold Turkey it,they already tried that with prohibition and look at what happened then,this is just a role reversal but the end result will be the same.

I remember when they first started the war on drugs,first thing the feds did was go after the weed,could not find weed so the price of coke went from $60,000 a kilo down to $12,000 and the country was flooded with it,more African American lives were destroyed,lost and families devastated right alongside of the neighborhoods they lived in.

Decriminalizing it stops the small arrests which should be the goal,totally legalizing it will upset the balance.

How many local African Americans selling weed will switch their game up to crack,fentenal,pills,they still have to make a living,they still will be getting busted but this time instead of doing a year for weed like in the past,they will be doing 5-10 for 1 opiate mandatory.

Its going to end up incarcerating more African Americans for longer periods then under decriminalizing all they would have had to do is pay the ticket and fine and never see a cell in the process.
    Last edited by Richard; December-29-22 at 04:00 PM.

Detroit's Charlie Langton made it into the Jimmy Kimmel Live show yesterday in a story about celebrating marijuana. He appears at 3:43 in this clip:

Musk Takes Away Checkmarks, Trump Had Fun Being Indicted & DeSantis Attacks “The Woke”
    We celebrate the high holy day known as 4/20, a reporter named Charlie Langton of Fox 2 News in Detroit filed his bong-hitting report from the parking lot of the Detroit “Herbal” Center,...
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-22-23 at 07:13 PM.

The journal Nature Sustainability, estimated that the emissions associated with growing 1 ounce of cannabis indoors is about the same as burning 7 to 16 gallons of gasoline, depending on where in the U.S. it’s grown

Name:  gotta [[2).jpg
Views: 284
Size:  101.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Detroit's Charlie Langton made it into the Jimmy Kimmel Live show yesterday in a story about celebrating marijuana....
    More footage on reddit. This was forced on him:

Name:  CharlieLangton20230420.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  97.3 KB

And the Crypto currency used to pay for it uses twice that.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    The journal Nature Sustainability, estimated that the emissions associated with growing 1 ounce of cannabis indoors is about the same as burning 7 to 16 gallons of gasoline, depending on where in the U.S. it’s grown

Recently purchased 60 20mg edibles for $72 bucks. That'll last me a couple of months. Competition is pretty fierce right now across the Metro area, and prices are dropping significantly. In my world it sure beats paying $18.99 for 4 bottles of craft beer. You'll sleep better too. **yawn**

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post

Name:  gotta [[2).jpg
Views: 284
Size:  101.6 KB
    So? All industry uses energy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    So? All industry uses energy.

Except GLWA. Their pumps don't use electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Except GLWA. Their pumps don't use electricity.
    Oh boy, besides being wrong, someone is really butt hurt. Sucks to lose.

Why outlawing cannabis was a HUGE mistake
    We've used cannabis for tens of thousands of years. Not just to get high but also to make textiles, paper, medicine and much more. We then outlawed it for decades – only to realize the stuff is pretty good at helping fight climate change. So get ready for the cannabis comeback.

Hemp has less then 0.03% THC , cannabis is defined as having more then 0.03% THC content.

I actually did not know that,what amazing thing this internet is,you can find out things in less then 1 minute it helps when people try and confuse matters.

We used to use hemp to make rope,they did it because they knew nobody would be smoking the rope to get high.

So they could actually make a video on legalizing the growing of hemp in order to save the planet while De-criminalizing cannabis,because clearly whoever made the video was so stoned they could not figure out the difference.

They could make a new video - The #1 reason for not making videos while being stoned.

Stuff like that adds fuel to the fire and provides examples of why people should not get stoned,it gives them the false euphoria of thinking they can fool all of the people all of the time.

Cannabis printer paper would go over well in the office,everybody would be standing around eating it and nothing would get done.

It is also easy enough to do a internet search on all of the issues the places that legalized it at the beginning,now that they have had some time to exhale after smoking that bowl the realization of jumping in with both feet can be hazardous to one’s health,but then again having the population walking around like zombies makes them easy to manipulate into things.

you know,like trying to pass of hemp for cannabis.

Try selling that on the corner in the hood,likely to be conducive to one’s health.

I would advocate for growing hemp and actually the orange guy that everybody hates signed the farm bill of 2018,that was actually written in 2014,that removed hemp from the federal controlled substances act.

So it has been legal in all 50 states to grow and make products in order to save the planet for over 5 years but yet nobody has pick it up,wonder why?

Because to process it is very labor intensive and even though it has higher resell value profits people would just not really appreciate or approve of a hemp plantation in this country anyways,it was okay back in the day because cheap labor was plentiful.

The problem today would be,you grow it and use it in the textile industry,people would go on the internet and watch a video that confuses hemp with cannabis and some fentanyl laced weed smoker or gummy eater would be running down the street ripping everybody’s shirts off because he saw it on the internet and thought he could get high off of it.

It could get messy.

Anybody confusing hemp with cannabis - I could possibly come up with a ton of hemp if you are willing to pay cannabis prices - well heck order before the phone lines close and receive 1/2 off on your second ton purchase.

And you do not even need a medical card to purchase.

I remember when they first declared the war on drugs,the first thing they did was go after the weed,because it was bulky and easier to intercept then coke,it got so dry that people were paying high dollar for the trimmings,they smelled like weed,tasted like weed but you could smoke a whole pound of it and not even begin to get high,but because there was nothing else,people bought it up like candy and they swore it got them
    stoned,when there was no way in the world it could have.
    Last edited by Richard; April-25-23 at 12:16 AM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast