Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

This guy was waaaaay too far ahead of his time.

Happy upcoming 4/20!

Now that things are turning around, it's a shame that he was thrown in federal prison for his son using his name to sell bongs on the internet.
    As long as marijuana is classified as a class III narcotic along with heroin at the federal level, we will all be looking over our shoulders for the Feds.

How many hospital beds are being occupied by otherwise healthy patients who contracted the virus because of their marijuana addiction??

“Smoking weed and coronavirus: Even occasional use raises risk of Covid-19 complications
    By Sandee LaMotte, CNN
    Updated 8:22 AM ET, Fri April 10, 2020”

“If you're smoking weed to ease your stress during the coronavirus pandemic, experts say it's time to think twice.

Smoking marijuana, even occasionally, can increase your risk for more severe complications from Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.”

Indeed setting aside politics etc. the impact of any particulate smoke on the lungs [[tobacco included) is rarely nil.

Acknowledging the proven fact [[or 'risk' if you choose that perspective considering the prevailing politics) that COVID-19 can directly devastate lung functioning, rendering you unable to breath w/o mechanical means, I'd at least reduce smoking for the time being.

If I used marijuana I'd opt for the edibles to help keep my lung tissues, and functioning optimum.

I quit smoking tobacco last year, and for a moment thought about smoking again... Umm, no. I don't need the added risk of going into respiratory failure were I to contract C-19.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-20-20 at 08:57 AM.

Smoking marijuana, even occasionally, can increase your risk for more severe complications from Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.”
    Is there ANYTHING outside your front door that will not affect your body at some point ? My grandma lived to 98 years old in the 70's while feasting on turkey necks and pork chops. But she didn't get 10 updates a day from news media that are reporting slim facts on everything. Hell, one of my doctors had a ghost article written for him by big Pharma in a Vanity Rag.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-19-20 at 08:22 AM.

For certain it can get REALLY nuts. I find balance and reason in understanding the percentage of what will affect me.

Holding a hefty stick of lit dynamite for sure may render more harm than my striking a wooden match I choose to blow out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Is there ANYTHING outside your front door that will not affect your body at some point?
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-19-20 at 08:28 AM.

How many hospital beds are being occupied by otherwise healthy patients who contracted the virus because of their marijuana addiction??
    Pot heads taking useful beds from God fearing true Americans ? Okay - let's go there.

^^^ Why the extreme? WHY did you choose to GO THERE?

That description [[pot heads vs. god fearing) renders both as stereotype/ straw men arguments to easily knock down/ dismiss.

There are other views, approaches, that allow us to think this stuff out, and minimize risks, and help save lives from various perspectives beyond the standard easy pejoratives. You think?
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-19-20 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    How many hospital beds are being occupied by otherwise healthy patients who contracted the virus because of their marijuana addiction?
    This should get an award for most misleading unrealistic statement ever!

^^^ It's not a statement. It's a question.

A happy 420 to everyone ! In the spirit of the lockdown, please be safe and by all means bogart that joint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL3GoBsft0g

Last edited by Zacha341; April-20-20 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post

“Smoking weed and coronavirus: Even occasional use raises risk of Covid-19 complications
    By Sandee LaMotte, CNN
    Updated 8:22 AM ET, Fri April 10, 2020”

“If you're smoking weed to ease your stress during the coronavirus pandemic, experts say it's time to think twice.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgdhp

Looks like City Council finally voted to amend and allow Adult Rec facilities in the city. If I heard right, the change will become official on Jan 11.

^^^ What is an 'Adult' Rec fac? Like Butzel or Coleman Young where they have a gym a pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ What is an 'Adult' Rec fac? Like Butzel or Coleman Young where they have a gym a pool?
    It's just what they refer to them as in the ordinance.

Adult Recreational as opposed to Medical

Like DUI, Driving Under the Influence... now THAT'S entetainment!

^^^ Oh so this is where you make your purchase. Sigh.... I was rather dim on that. Probably due to lack of interest... Hah!

Some of us who use pot for medical reasons are not so disinterested...
    ^^^ Oh so this is where you make your purchase. Sigh.... I was rather dim on that. Probably due to lack of interest... Hah!

Relax...... I was funning. I used a locally produced-based CBD salve on a surgical wound. It worked GREAT where other topical treatments did not. I'm a fan of that aspect of mari!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-25-20 at 09:49 AM.

Amazon Now Supports Federal Cannabis Legalization
    The effort to legalize cannabis on the federal level won a powerful ally: e-commerce and media giant Amazon. The company announced on Monday that its public policy arm now supports a cannabis legalization bill that was reintroduced in the House late last month.

Amazon also announced that it changed its drug testing policy and the company will no longer disqualify employees for marijuana use...
    Wow. That ought to tip a scale or two. I would have thought they'd stay neutral on the subject. Maybe they're thinking of getting into the marijuana distribution business?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Amazon Now Supports Federal Cannabis Legalization

Wow. That ought to tip a scale or two. I would have thought they'd stay neutral on the subject. Maybe they're thinking of getting into the marijuana distribution business?
    Could be...but it's more likely that drug testing was hurting their recruitment in what at least for now, is a very tight labor market. I hope that doesn't include their driving positions. That might be handled by a CDL requirement though.
    Last edited by Bong-Man; June-02-21 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Could be...but it's more likely that drug testing was hurting their recruitment in what at least for now, is a very tight labor market.
    Yeah, that makes sense. It just seemed odd that one company would stand out alone on the issue.

A few years ago I heard that the Navy had to relax its policy against recruiting people with tattoos for the same reason. That was ironic because the global tattoo fad pretty much started with sailors! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    I hope that doesn't include their driving positions. That might be handled by a CDL requirement though.
    From the article:
    We will no longer include marijuana in our comprehensive drug screening program for any positions not regulated by the Department of Transportation, and will instead treat it the same as alcohol use.
    That seems reasonable.

I'm sure they warned all their employees not to interpret this as an invitation to come to work stoned. That just wouldn't make sense.

It's Time for Drug-Sniffing Dogs to Retire

A Colorado Court has said there is a problem with how they alert to things that are now legal.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast