Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
Arguing that the increasing strength of marijuana strains is somehow a danger is as fruitless as arguing 80 proof scotch is more a danger than beer. Alcohol is alcohol, THC is THC.

The more important issue is that the consumer is aware of the intoxicant strength of the product. The new law does that. Medical marijuana dispensaries have done that for years.

As jcole mentions, the dangers of intoxication are different and far more severe and damaging to one’s health and self control with alcohol.

This is a sensible law that will decrease senseless incarceration saving Michigan millions while adding millions to the state’s revenue. I voted yes.
I’m going to vote yes also. As I previously mentioned, I could care less what people do in the privacy of their own home. I’m all for giving everybody anything they want, if you want to smoke crack or take LSD or shoot up black tar heroin go right ahead, as far as I’m concerned that’s your business. Does marijuana lead to a less belligerent type of high than alcohol? I guess I would agree with that, but I’m definitely not buying into this marijuana does you a world of good notion. As I also alluded to, I used to smoke weed but I quit in 1989, being stoned was a lot of fun, but after a while it made no sense and it was just time for me to stop.