Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Tom Sizemore actor/ attended WSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Tom Sizemore actor/ attended WSU.
    He also graduated from the same high school I attended, Bishop Gallagher....although he was a couple years behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    He also graduated from the same high school I attended, Bishop Gallagher....although he was a couple years behind me.
    Hello, fellow Lancer!! Tom was in my brother D's class at BG! 4 years behind me. Sounds like you were in my brother M's class.

Cool info! I was so curious as to what HS he attended. BG was very popular back in the day. I remember hearing about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Cool info! I was so curious as to what HS he attended. BG was very popular back in the day. I remember hearing about it!
    It was. We had the largest graduating class at the time, I believe 240, give or take a few. The ceremony was held at Ford Auditorium. For a catholic school, that's quite a lot of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Hello, fellow Lancer!! Tom was in my brother D's class at BG! 4 years behind me. Sounds like you were in my brother M's class.
    Now I have to find out who your brother is. I'm going to message you.

Fo' sure! Graduations were huge those days. My graduation [[from Murray-Wright HS) was held at the old Adelie Stevenson [[formerly Temple Baptist) building on Grand River, Detroit.

It was. We had the largest graduating class at the time, I believe 240, give or take a few. The ceremony was held at Ford Auditorium. For a catholic school, that's quite a lot of kids.

Tom Sizemore mentioned in a interview I saw a while ago that he grew up on Hamburg, actually not far from Allinosi's. I thought he specifically he said Hamburg in the stretch just south of 6 Mile towards Gratiot. I thought also in that interview it was brought up that he transferred to Bishop Gallagher from Austin. Based on where he lived, De La Salle was much closer back when it was at Conner & Glenfield.
    Last edited by IrishSpartan; February-12-21 at 09:04 PM. Reason: grammar

When I was at BG, we were a Class A school with more than 1300 students. Your class must have been more than 240, maybe 340? because our '75 class had 311 graduates. We too had our ceremony at Ford Auditorium. A in-progress Renaissance Center is in the background of some outdoor photos.

PM received and answered. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    Tom Sizemore mentioned in a interview I saw a while ago that he grew up on Hamburg, actually not far from Allinosi. I thought he specifically he said Hamburg in stretch just south of 6 Mile going down towards Gratiot. I thought also in that interview it was mentioned that he transferred to Bishop Gallagher from Austin. Based on where he lived, De La Salle was much closer.
    Since Austin closed after the '77 class graduated, maybe he went to BG since some of his Austin classmates may have transferred there? or gone to Notre Dame HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    When I was at BG, we were a Class A school with more than 1300 students. Your class must have been more than 240, maybe 340? because our '75 class had 311 graduates. We too had our ceremony at Ford Auditorium. A in-progress Renaissance Center is in the background of some outdoor photos.

PM received and answered. Thanks!
    Now you have me second guessing myself but when I pull that yearbook out, I'm going to start counting.

The television academy site has hundreds of interviews. They begin with what was your name at birth and where were you born. There are many people listed from Detroit, stars and people behind the camera. Art Clokey, the guy who invented Gumby, starts with a more precise answer, "I was born in Detroit on Prairie". He then tells a wild story on his youth and upbringing. Gene Reynolds producer of MASH and much more started as a child actor in the Macabees Building at WXYZ. Leo Chaloukian an early sound pioneer.

https://interviews.televisionacademy...all-interviews

I found a map of where Current-Past Detroiters once lived/or live with exact addresses.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...905000001&z=11

Violinists Joseph Silverstein and Jerome Rosen attended Cass Tech.

Joseph Silverstein - Wikipedia

Love, Hate And the Violinist - The New York Times [[nytimes.com)

suzi used to sub for my babysitter. GPP

cliff

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    Madonna grew up in Rochester Hills
    Avon Twsp. at that time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4