Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Because the Cadillac would be designed and built in Detroit by Detroit as it should be,which brings a level of pride of ownership.
    A car is a tool for getting one place to another. I derive no "pride" from the car I drive, and don't care where it's made. Cadillacs aren't assembled in Detroit, BTW, but in Hamtramck.

Something growing a man bun and buying a Subaru could not even come close to.
    OK, now I get it. You drive a Cadillac cause you're an old, conservative white dude, have nostalgia from when Cadillacs were considered nice cars, and derive your identity from whatever hunk of metal surrounds you. And obviously you hate "Jap" cars, only commies or hippies would drive such a thing.

Ask a 2 year old BMW owner if maintenance and reliability plays a part in ownership.
    I am a BMW "owner" [[lessee). Maintenance and reliability play no role in the fact my spouse drives an X5.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    BMW and Mercedes are generally considered more prestigious than Audi.
    No, they aren't. Decades ago, yes. Nowadays Audi has exact same price point [[actually a bit higher for entry level) and might even be a bit "cooler".

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    A car is a tool for getting one place to another. I derive no "pride" from the car I drive, and don't care where it's made. Cadillacs aren't assembled in Detroit, BTW, but in Hamtramck.

OK, now I get it. You drive a Cadillac cause you're an old, conservative white dude, have nostalgia from when Cadillacs were considered nice cars, and derive your identity from whatever hunk of metal surrounds you. And obviously you hate "Jap" cars, only commies or hippies would drive such a thing.

I am a BMW "owner" [[lessee). Maintenance and reliability play no role in the fact my spouse drives an X5.
    Good morning.

So that is where we differ,I prefer to drive cars that were made by Americans because I support my fellow Americans because they have families to feed also.

If you read correctly I posted I would revisit the brand,I have had Cadillacs before,mostly as a luxury sports car.

That was long before I became an old guy,if you watch the Subaru commercials they are not targeting old guys.

You saying that you drive a BMW clears a lot of things up because around here 99.9% of the people that drive BMWs are assholes anyways,so there’s that.

Of you truly believe that a car is a tool to get from one place to another and outside of driving a car that fits your personality,why a BMW?

All of the manufactures produce a cheap econo box option,for that matter there are still a few Yugos floating around,that might suit you better.

A car is a tool for getting one place to another. I derive no "pride" from the car I drive, and don't care where it's made.
    Yet both you and your significant other drive high-end, imported European status symbols.

Cadillacs aren't assembled in Detroit, BTW, but in Hamtramck.
    Google lists the address as 2500 East Grand Blvd. Detroit, Michigan 48211

It's 2018. The new generation of Cadillacs offer handling, drivability, and luxury @ a lot less money then the European status symbols counterparts, and are more economical to maintain.

Oh please, a set of tires for that car is $3200. BMW HIGHLY recommends they get purchased and installed from the dealership. An oil change will run you $250.

In the UK BMW is well known as a drug dealer car and in Russia they are the #1 stolen car for the mob so thier only true market is in Germany and that is because they strongly support local made,take those three aspects out of the equation where would they be?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Yet both you and your significant other drive high-end, imported European status symbols.
    My wife does, not me. I'm cheap. My car is 10 years old.

A car, to me, is just a functional tool. I'm just as good in an old Jeep with 200k miles as opposed to a Maserati Levante or something.

In the UK BMW is well known as a drug dealer car and in Russia they are the #1 stolen car for the mob so thier only true market is in Germany and that is because they strongly support local made,take those three aspects out of the equation where would they be?
    BMW's most lucrative market is the U.S. BMW sells far more vehicles in the U.S. [[and in China) than in Germany.

The largest BMW plant on earth is in South Carolina, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Have to agree with you CinciKid. Perhaps it’s generational but I’d much rather have an Audi RS7 over an equivalent bmw or benz.

Gorgeous car !! It definitely belongs in the patheon with the others.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-27-18 at 08:52 AM.

No joy or optimism to be read here over Cadillac's shift back to Detroit, which I find interesting. Plenty of comments on the competing for 'status' amongst European brands, and quite a few comments on inflated servicing and repair prices. Has Cadillac shifted back here because Detroit's reputation is getting better, or because the move to NYC failed, or perhaps both?

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    Has Cadillac shifted back here because Detroit's reputation is getting better, or because the move to NYC failed, or perhaps both?
    I'd imagine the cost of office space and hiring in New York City vs. Warren not outweighing results played a big factor.

My wife does, not me. I'm cheap. My car is 10 years old.

A car, to me, is just a functional tool. I'm just as good in an old Jeep with 200k miles as opposed to a Maserati Levante or something.

For once I agree with you. I just want to turn the key, and get to where I'm going, be relatively comfortable doing it.

No, they aren't. Decades ago, yes. Nowadays Audi has exact same price point [[actually a bit higher for entry level) and might even be a bit "cooler".
    Once again, you tried to take a pseudo-elitist pot shot, and once again you ended up with egg on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    Once again, you tried to take a pseudo-elitist pot shot, and once again you ended up with egg on your face.
    If it's "quasi-elitist" to tell the truth and correct your previous nonsense re. Audi [[which I have never owned nor plan to own), guilty as charged.

No one with any knowledge of cars thinks Audi is in a different class than MB or BMW.

Cadillac Returning To Michigan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cadillacs aren't assembled in Detroit, BTW, but in Hamtramck.
    As Honky Tonk already mentioned the plant has a Detroit address. And if you look at a map of the area around the plant, even though the large Cadillac location is in both Detroit and Hamtramck.... 90% of the plant itself is in Detroit [[red line demarcates boundary between the 2....

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ha...!4d-83.0496438

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    No joy or optimism to be read here over Cadillac's shift back to Detroit, which I find interesting. Plenty of comments on the competing for 'status' amongst European brands, and quite a few comments on inflated servicing and repair prices. Has Cadillac shifted back here because Detroit's reputation is getting better, or because the move to NYC failed, or perhaps both?
    I believe it's both like you said. Cadillac has made a lot of strides competing against allegedly the world's best, but it's still perceived whether real or imagined, that they are still inferior.

For once I agree with you. I just want to turn the key, and get to where I'm going, be relatively comfortable doing it.
    ...And also not worrying about said vehicle, leaving me stranded.

Cadillac Returning To Michigan
    That was my first thought when I saw the thread heading. But I think I was with him the first time in another life.

I imagine if there is a hell, it resembles Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I imagine if there is a hell, it resembles Warren.
    Your friendly neighborhood rabbit will agree.

If it's "quasi-elitist" to tell the truth and correct your previous nonsense re. Audi [[which I have never owned nor plan to own), guilty as charged.

No one with any knowledge of cars thinks Audi is in a different class than MB or BMW.
    You don’t exactly have a great track record of truth nor accuracy, much less being particularly knowledgeable. Nonsense, however, guilty as charged.

I think the problem started when they started trying to build for the masses,even with BMW and Mercedes you can buy an entry level car for not much more then a Toyota,even with the cheap Jag the resale value dropped like a rock.

Only thier few top end models are really worth looking at.

Back from captivity.

Name:  Cadillac-Statue.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  133.6 KB

What do people think about Lincoln compared to Cadillac and the foreign luxury brands?

My brother almost bought an MKZ. He claims it was pretty comparable to luxury equivalents, but I always think of Lincolns as old man cars, kinda like nicer Buicks.

Are they a decent brand these days? I see lots of MKZs and MKCs on the road, and they seem to be driven by soccer mom types, not retirees. Obviously they don't have the status of MB or Audi, but still pretty nice cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Back from captivity.

Name:  Cadillac-Statue.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  133.6 KB

Funny, I thought he was a lot taller?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast