Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    How is the government's monitoring of border crossings an invasion of privacy or a denial of freedom of movement?

Unless, of course, you plan on crossing the border with your pants down, smoking on a joint, while traveling at 120mph.
    Last time I tried doing part of that, it got me deported. That made 2 times. Third time's the charm...

There's a currently a commercial running advertising Puerto Rico as a good vacation destination. One of their selling points is that U.S. citizens don't need a passport.

I know Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory but it still seems strange that you can't cross a local river more easily.

r:
    "..."We found that as many as 15 of the 19 hijackers were potentially vulnerable to interception by border authorities. Analyzing their characteristic travel documents and travel patterns could have allowed authorities to intercept 4 to 15 hijackers and more effective use of information available in U.S. government databases could have identified up to 3 hijackers..."

They will simply use forged passports or "secure" ID next time, or cross quietly in boats.
    The new requirements give some a false illusion of safety, while inconveniencing many and reducing commerce, especially tourist related travel such as weekend or day trips.

Retroit Guest

A passport [[or enhanced drivers license) is less easy to forge than a birth certificate. The waterways are also monitored more closely. I don't see what the "false illusion" is. If a person's identification is checked, what is the illusion? It sounds like you are arguing that there should be a more intrusive inspection. I'm willing to be inconvenienced if it will potentially stop a terrorist. It has, you know?:
    http://www.investigativeproject.org/...was-la-airport