Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

[MC5, The Dictators, Wayne County, [[Jayne County), The Stooges, Bob Seger, Radio Birdman... etc, where are they now...?[/QUOTE]

The only Dictators I'm familiar with were a New York band from the mid-seventies. Good band, too. Are there some local Dictators I don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    [MC5, The Dictators, Wayne County, [[Jayne County), The Stooges, Bob Seger, Radio Birdman... etc, where are they now...?
    The only Dictators I'm familiar with were a New York band from the mid-seventies. Good band, too. Are there some local Dictators I don't know about?
    You are right, they were from New York. And Radio Birdman was from Australia. I think they had one guy who was from Ann Arbor originally.
    Jayne/Wayne County was also from New York.

The Detroit Rock City label came about I believe because of the audiences. There were out of town bands that broke here before other places- like Kiss, J. Geils etc.

By the way-there were two big rock festivals in Detroit lately so there is still an audience for it. [[Mo Pop and Motor City Muscle) I don't know what's happening on the club scene anymore.
    Last edited by Pam; August-28-18 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    You are right, they were from New York. And Radio Birdman was from Australia. I think they had one guy who was from Ann Arbor originally.
    Jayne/Wayne County was also from New York.

The Detroit Rock City label came about I believe because of the audiences. There were out of town bands that broke here before other places- like Kiss, J. Geils etc.

By the way-there were two big rock festivals in Detroit lately so there is still an audience for it. [[Mo Pop and Motor City Muscle) I don't know what's happening on the club scene anymore.
    I thought Radio Birdman had more than one Detroiter, but I could be wrong. Their song 'Murder City Nights' was about Woodward Avenue in the 70s. Some of the other acts mentioned were obviously not from Detroit but sure seemed like they were. Overall, it's not just about the bands themselves but whether there is still a market for rock music amongst Detroiters anymore, considering that they were known for being receptive to rock... indeed it may now have been surpassed by other music styles and genres.

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    Overall, it's not just about the bands themselves but whether there is still a market for rock music amongst Detroiters anymore, considering that they were known for being receptive to rock...

Here's a couple of photos of Hart Plaza from this year's "Detroit Muscle 2018" rock extravaganza. I was only there for a few hours, but a friend who still "rocks out" and was there for all three days, said it looked pretty much the same.

Name:  WP_20180819_17_28_34_Pro.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  74.0 KBName:  WP_20180819_17_28_45_Pro.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  79.8 KB
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-29-18 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Here's a couple of photos of Hart Plaza from this year's "Detroit Muscle 2018" rock extravaganza. I was only there for a few hours, but a friend who still "rocks out" and was there for all three days, said it looked pretty much the same.

Name:  WP_20180819_17_28_34_Pro.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  74.0 KBName:  WP_20180819_17_28_45_Pro.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  79.8 KB
    Wow, that's pathetic.