My primary care doctor, who I do not particularly care for personally, but who I think is a really good practitioner, has a new “health and wellness” program he’s starting. If you want to continue to see him it’s going to cost an additional 1650.00 per year starting 2019. This is above what he charges your medical insurance. From what I have heard, there are a lot of doctors who are doing similar type things. I have decided to pay it for now, as I don’t feel like finding a new MD at this point. However, I have some concerns:
1) How do I know he’s not going to continue to see the patients who don’t pay the extra fee.
2) I have [[ thanks to my wife) a so-called Cadillac health care plan, why am I paying the same extra charge as someone who is on Medicare or who has lesser coverage?
3) What about his elderly patients on a fixed income or those who cannot afford the extra charges - it strikes me as not fair on a few levels.
Some real smart people on this forum, interested to hear what people think about this.