Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm not talking about flying corporate VPs to Helsinki to have eyelashes trimmed by the finest Swedish scientists assembled on the planet. India and other countries, will fly you in, do the procedure, keep you for recovery, and return you home, for less then what it would have cost you here in the States. All that's required is a health plan that will cover it. From the sound of the article, AMA isn't interested in fixing this "shit" here, just extorting maximum profits.
    I wasn't talking about flying VP's either. I'm speaking of regular folks who may need a surgery they can only get over there, because it's cheaper, though they can't really afford it. I get what you're saying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I wasn't talking about flying VP's either. I'm speaking of regular folks who may need a surgery they can only get over there, because it's cheaper, though they can't really afford it. I get what you're saying though.

I think fees for medical assistance in the USA are outrageous. I don't think USA has "the best health care in the world", what they do have is a captive client base. I have a friend that now has a permanent handicap because of this Beaumont debacle and greed for money. I welcome any viable alternative for affordable health care. I'm disappointed the Obama administration didn't truly revamp medical assistance when they had the chance. For all the noise the current administration made about "affordable" health care, they don't seem to be doing a damn thing either. The medical business lobbyists are either in first or second place with the NRA.