Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Khahn View Post
    Work is underway on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by CR75 View Post
    Walked by Brush and Watson today, the OOMBRA site has been fenced off and it looks like they started digging with excavators.
    This is exciting! Thanks for the update.

I believe this building was originally built as a Jewish shul and later repurposed to a Baptist church.

Elevator shaft up on John R and Edmonds

Foundation formwork raised on the apartment block on the north side of Alfred between the City Modern Town homes. There’s a rendering out there but I can’t find it.

Hmmm, dogshit is a little extreme. I like that they're doing something less boxy. Also it's much higher density, ten units instead of three.

I must say though. I wish they were using brick.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; August-27-20 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Hmmm, dogshit is a little extreme. I like that they're doing something less boxy. Also it's much higher density, ten units instead of three.

I must say though. I wish they were using brick.
    I was being mild, but honestly, I hate it! Such a waste of prime land. As for density, there are hundreds of units being build literally around them

Ten units is still way better than three from an urban perspective. Just a little bit more density in a rapidly densifying neighborhood.

Oh! So the duplettes will be a red brick, I love it.

Also seems the red apartment building has remained unchanged. I wonder how that will end up looking in reality. Exciting stuff.

Interesting. I like the red brick better than concrete grey but still looks very blank. Could use a light color cornice and some type of window shutter but I am a fan of traditional architecture so that may be an unpopular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentBeing View Post
    Interesting. I like the red brick better than concrete grey but still looks very blank. Could use a light color cornice and some type of window shutter but I am a fan of traditional architecture so that may be an unpopular opinion.
    I like it better also. More of a traditional row home that you see in a lot of east coast and European cities. I think Detroit needs more of them

The Brush Park CDC has uploaded information to new projects in the neighborhood. On 287 Watson 12 townhomes and 4 carriages homes are planned. This is in response to a city RFP that was published in May 2019. Personally, I really dig the design. The building is not to boxy and I really like the brick facade.

Link: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...sh+ParkCDC.pdf

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 15.53.08.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  66.4 KB

Nice! I like it too.

The developments just keep pouring in for this neighborhood. Who would have thought 10 years ago it would be developing so rapidly and with high quality projects. Like this is some really good urbanism. And so many row-homes!

Looks likes a driller and cranes are on site for Brush+Watson.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEuRh6dsizh/
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; September-04-20 at 08:05 PM.

Freep did a piece on the dramatic development happening in Bush Park but it's behind a paywall, so here are just the pictures.

The changing landscape of Brush Park as Bedrock residential development plan takes shape
    https://www.freep.com/picture-galler...us/3457696001/

Stuff like this makes my day. Good for him and good for Detroit
    https://www.freep.com/in-depth/money...ed/5717242002/

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Stuff like this makes my day. Good for him and good for Detroit
    https://www.freep.com/in-depth/money...ed/5717242002/
    Wondered how he could make money with those rents but then I see there are 25 units in the building. Doesn't look that big.

"Bedrock representatives did not respond to Free Press inquiries."

I'm a Free Press subscriber, that's from that paywall A1 story on Brush Park. Bedrock was supposed to have begun a $300+ million development on the Brewster-Douglas land.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    "Bedrock representatives did not respond to Free Press inquiries."

I'm a Free Press subscriber, that's from that paywall A1 story on Brush Park. Bedrock was supposed to have begun a $300+ million development on the Brewster-Douglas land.
    Jesus Christ. They're building a skyscraper, several very expensive blocks of brush park and control downtown during a pandemic. Sorry if Dan isn't building housing fast enough for you

Please stop stalking and attacking me on this forum. I just copied and pasted what the article said. You said you ignored me, so ignore me and leave me the heck alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Jesus Christ. They're building a skyscraper, several very expensive blocks of brush park and control downtown during a pandemic. Sorry if Dan isn't building housing fast enough for you
    It's the same troll that's been rejoining. Get ready for another arbitrary comparison to Chicago.

Brewster Douglas project has never left conceptual stages and was never supposed to start before City Modern was finished. It's a you can expect to happen this decade kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Wondered how he could make money with those rents but then I see there are 25 units in the building. Doesn't look that big.
    The Regina, 253 Erskine, is a three-story apartment building from about the 1940s that is attached to an old brick house.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Almost 10% return. Not bad. Maybe he’s banking on the appreciation. That’s not a bad strategy either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast