This change has me scratching my head. Because I'm a car nut I'd love to see something like Goodwood here in Detroit. But that's not something that many people who attend the auto show as prospective purchasers may care to experience. And with the way the auto companies schedule the ordering and building of their products a June show comes at exactly the wrong time for showcasing their wares[[plus, the long lead press previews are held in June). Generally, current year vehicle orders shut off in May so that the end of year build out can be scheduled and then new model plant change over comes in July and August. The next year models then begin to get to dealers in September. So with this new show date it would be too late for someone to special order the current year vehicle of their choice [[forcing them to pick from dealer stock or wait for the next year's model at a higher price) and the next year's models aren't out yet. So what's to show? That's why the October date would have been better for a regular type of auto show.