Yeah, I'm with Jason on this one. I like that he's dreaming big, but we'd be better off even just thinking more conventionally. I'm with him that in the long run - at least in the immediate vicinity of the airport - that it'd be a smarter long-term investment to go underground and stretching something out there above-ground. But, really, even an underground light rail line would be enough; doesn't even have to be heavy rail, really. And, yeah, he can spare me the hyperloop-esqe stuff.

BTW, Stylin', I wish that support for transit meant anything. It's exactly and precisely because the millage would likely pass if it reached the ballot this year that Macomb and Oakland counties are trying - and will likely be successful in - keeping the millage off the ballot. In a fair world, the board members would vote their consciences. That is why there was a board created in the first place, because what's the use if the county execs can basically call a veto through their members? But, that's looking exactly like what will happen. An easy way to fix this would be to make the seats on the board elected by popular vote within their respective counties, which would disconnect its from the obvious undo influence of the county execs that you're seeing, here.