Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Anyone know the title of the song that's playing at the beginning of Coachman's show at the wmfu link in the initial post?

I listened to Coachman from his beginning on WDET. A friend and I would sit in the car with a beer and maybe a doobie, listen to his show and practice on our harmonicas. Good times. I called him at the studio a few times. He usually took some time to B.S. with me about blues music and blues artists. He was a cool guy.

Don't forget about Ed Love. This guy continues to educate me about some good music.

These are probably the only d.j.'s that I would listen to in order to hear what they have to say, and not just for the music. Oh, and Robert Jones too.

Not only do they spin the records, they are true professors in the art they love.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Anyone know the title of the song that's playing at the beginning of Coachman's show at the wmfu link in the initial post?
    I was just gonna ask that myself, Mike. I've been wanting to know that for years.

Anyone remember when Mojo had the B-52s in the studio? They did the whole "Mesopotamia" EP live, acapella. They named their "Whammy" album after him. I think Fred Schneider used to be pals with the people who ran Penny Pincher's vintage shop in Southgate.

How about when Mojo had Sly Stone on? They kept right on talking over the old Family Stone records, and Sly shouted "There's my sister Rose!" when her part came on.

It was always funny when Mojo would get fixated on one song and play it 7 or 8 times during his show. Just because he felt like it. One night, when he was on in Toledo, he kept playing Stevie's "All in Love is Fair" and people called in, talking about what the song meant to them.

Where else could you hear Funkadelic, the Human League, and "The Rollin' Stones" one after the other? I miss those days.

Bumping this thread, because I found more audio from Frantic Ernie and Famous Coachman.

The website Radio Free Amsterdam has two recorded Frantic Ernie shows. You can listen to the first one for free, but the second one costs 99ΒΆ. To listen to the first one, click the top link, and then scroll down to the "Mp3" buttons at the bottom of the playlist. Click those, and you should get an audio player

http://www.radiofreeamsterdam.com/ca...-ernie-durham/

You can hear Famous Coachman talking over a song on this page. You can find it on the player, titled "I May Be Down." The music player is in the upper right-hand corner of the page.

http://www.myspace.com/davidahowick

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Erskine Hawkins - After Hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CYQ6YZHMEE