Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    the current president
    I for one will miss your old spelling.
    If you continue and it spreads when it enters as an alternative definition it will be rare to be able to credit attribution.
    Last edited by bust; June-16-18 at 04:20 PM.

Actually I spelled it right,it was Canukky that spelled it as currant.

I could say that is the version of Canadian fairness that goes into the trade practices,okay for Canadians to misspell words but if Americans do it then they are uneducated little twits.

But knowing Canukky style and as I am used to the dry humor of the brits,I just took it as a jab at me and like a river current,let it flow on by.

They say you can place a paragraph of misspelled words and they can read and understand the context of it and the mind does not read every word of a paragraph.

I would guess if one tried that with a spelling nazi,either their head would explode or they would need years of therapy in order to get over the trauma of reading it.

A lot of those spelling Nazis are great people. lol

Trying to stay on topic and not argue about Korea or anyone's attempt to promote a coup, at least on this thread, I'll add this positive personal note -

I don't care if some Canadians are boycotting American products. After all, imagine how shocked some Canadians must be when the person they voted for was called names by President Trump who has never insulted anyone else before. That's almost a violation of Canadian nice speech laws.

A couple of years ago, I decided to live it up and squander resources by buying tomatoes out of season and setting a goal [[not a reference to hockey but sort of a pun anyway) of having a daily tomato. Groceries here often have Canadian tomatoes for sale even in winter. Considering that Canada his high health standards and realizing that greenhouse tomatoes usually have less pesticides, I am as likely to buy Canadian tomatoes as U.S. tomatoes. I will even buy Mexican tomatoes, as required, if U.S. and Canadian tomatoes are unavailable. So to those thin skinned Canadians more bent out of shape by Trump than Canadians stomping on American women, be comforted knowing that I will continue buying Canadian tomatoes if you want to buy European cars so as to not help American workers. I would even like to apply the Canadian-U.S. auto pact to Asian and European countries to allow import free foreign cars in exchange for an equal value of exported U.S. cars.

I don't see how Trump thinks he can benefit by imposing tariffs on China, Canada or anyone else. Whatever exists now, any additional tariffs will only be matched by opposing equal dollar amounts by the other side. That being said, a trade war will hurt Canada far more than the U.S.. Canada would be smart to ask for totally free trade with the U.S. on everything, forget supply management and just subsidize certain industries like dairy the way the U.S. does.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I don't see how Trump thinks he can benefit by imposing tariffs on China, Canada or anyone else. Whatever exists now, any additional tariffs will only be matched by opposing equal dollar amounts by the other side. That being said, a trade war will hurt Canada far more than the U.S.. Canada would be smart to ask for totally free trade with the U.S. on everything, forget supply management and just subsidize certain industries like dairy the way the U.S. does.
    Trump offered a world free of all tariffs. Not much covered in the media.

Acceptance by Canada? Zero. Politicians too addicted to free money from Cheese Mafia.

If Trudeau is open to this, you'd think he's at least say it. No. He's more interested in adding social rights in trade agreements.

I'll take Orange President breaking the status quo to Mealy-Mouthed Prime Ministers pandering to their voters [[and price-gouging cartels).

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Trump offered a world free of all tariffs. Not much covered in the media.

Acceptance by Canada? Zero. Politicians too addicted to free money from Cheese Mafia.

If Trudeau is open to this, you'd think he's at least say it. No. He's more interested in adding social rights in trade agreements.

I'll take Orange President breaking the status quo to Mealy-Mouthed Prime Ministers pandering to their voters [[and price-gouging cartels).
    Pretty sure they covered his proposal to remove all tariffs and subsidies. And unless he has the support of Congress to remove farm subsidies [[he doesn't), he's just blowing wind.

Below I'm posting an opinion [[not news) piece from CBC's website.

Its by Neil Macdonald.

As a note of background, he's a former CBC reporter, he's very opinionated, not really partisan, he likes [[to use a Brit expression) to take the piss of out of everyone equally.

Has something of a Libertarian streak, is Canadian, but lived in the United States for many years, and was never shy about reporting things he liked about his stay [[many) and those he didn't.

Now that out of the way, his piece is on Trump, with a focus on the current immigration issue [[separation of kids and parents), but he leads back to trade and a broader world view both of Trump and his supporters.

The relevance of the piece, from my perspective is that regardless of its fairness or accuracy I think it reads as a barometer of shifting public opinion in Canada and likely much of the world.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trump...tion-1.4711365

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I don't see how Trump thinks he can benefit by imposing tariffs on China, Canada or anyone else.
    Dotard is just naked pandering to the most extreme members of his base.

It's the exact same calculus that has brown babies being tossed in cages in Texas and Trump cult "Evangelicals" twisting themselves in knots to defend this barbaric practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian Dan View Post
    No love loss for Canada... Canada being the 2nd largest country in the world in land mass, yet has less than 38 million people. Takes in only 270,000 immigrants per year. Australia and New Zealand are other examples of this faux liberal attitude. America takes in no less than 1,000,000 legal immigrants every year. Let Canada feel the wrath of America....
    You realize, assuming your posted numbers are correct, that Canada has roughly 3x the annual immigration rate of the U.S., right?

In other words, there is no immigration crisis in the U.S., there's actually far too little immigration to the U.S. [[which should be obvious to anyone who has traveled outside the Midwest) and Trump cult bleating about foreigners is manufactured BS intended for the Cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    You realize, assuming your posted numbers are correct, that Canada has roughly 3x the annual immigration rate of the U.S., right?
    Canada admitted 296,365 legal immigrants and refugees in 2016.

Canada's target for 2020 is a range of 310,000 to 360,000 with that number growing to 400,000 shortly thereafter.

The rough target in public policy is 1% of total population per year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...17.html#sec1_2

An equivalent number for the U.S. would be 3.2 million per year.

^ with the long cold winters up there and sitting in your igloos for months at a time with your wimmin,and you guys cannot figure out how to increase your population without ordering immigrants? You know they have how to videos on the internet.

You could take a ride down to our southern border and fill your quota real quick.

Here is a French documentary on the migrants coming from Asia, Africa and South America who land in Brazil and migrate all the way up to Quebec on the NY border. There are thousands every month, sometimes 500 over a weekend that cross the border into Canada and are arrested by the border patrol or RCMP and processed for refugee or other status. Many are also illegals living in the US and giving up on their chance of obtaining legal status there. So, you see Richard, I don't need your advice on that front.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rJNvDkLSWBI

By the way, how are your migrant friends in the old backyard shed?

Yea I know quite a few Haitians that were in this country for years,but never attempted to start the process,they have all left for Canada because it is a quick and easy process,free room and board makes for a good incentive.

Funny thing is one of my friends and business partners is Haitian,it took him many years to go through the process,but it ment enough to him to follow through and he did it.

I had to get rid of the migrants in the back yard shed,after the hurricane in PR 250,000 migrated to central Florida,which kinda put a crunch on living space so as fellow Americans they got first priority.The others headed to the north border,maybe you have an extra shed in your back yard?

Can you imagine the metrics of relocating 250,000 people into an erea in a matter of months,it would be like asking the city of Detroit to learn a different language and provide jobs and houseing and financial support in the millions and you have 30 days to figure it out how to make it work.

But I guess that is why unlimited border influx has to be regulated,you cannot really absorb the impact of the masses without ramifications.

It is like a top spinning,it starts out balanced and spins smoothly,but once it loses momentum it starts to wobble and falter until it falls.

Once it falls,as witnessed in California,a large portion of the population ends up in the streets.

Give us your poor,weak and huddled masses seemed to work in the days before this thing called taxes,the problem with taxes is you can only squeeze people so far before they also become poor,weak and huddled masses.

You do realize that it is common knowledge to apply for asylum in Canada first,then once Canadian citizenship is received then use that to migrate to the US.That is the quickest and easiest way.

I particularly do not like those ones,I figure if they are going to abuse somebody's generosity to that extent,then they are not going to think twice about doing it again.

You would not happen to have any stats on migration outflow to the US once citizenship is received and the timeframe,would you?
    Last edited by Richard; June-19-18 at 11:10 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6