So as the election unfolds tonight, it appears Doug Ford's Progressive Conservatives [[PCs) will have won a majority government.

At at 10:42 pm CBC is saying they PCs are elected in 65 ridings [[districts) out of 124.

This would equal a majority government.

However, they are doing so with just a hair above 40% of the vote.

To be fair, this is a common number for majority governments in Ontario of any political stripe.

But noteworthy here in that both the Liberals and NDP ran fairly leftist agenda campaigns, and together got 53% of the vote.

I was before and am still a staunch advocate of electoral reform, no matter who leads or wins as I don't think ANY party getting 40% of the vote should get 100% of the power.

But I digress.

We have, as a province, regrettably, elected a completely incompetent blowhard.

Sigh.

I do hope he makes a far better Premier than I expect. To be sure that's not a high bar to exceed.

Observationally...........

First ever Green MPP elected, their leader Mike Schreiner.

The PCs, their leader notwithstanding may well prove to be more diverse than their predecessors. I'll have to to get details on this, but a cursory examination show multiple minority candidates for them victorious, primarily of east and south Asian backgrounds. Also an extremely large number of women candidates. If he so chooses, he will have enough talent to field a gender-equal cabinet.