Despite the many announcements regarding projects in "the district", lets take an actual look at what construction has actually occurred after the opening of LCA:

Wayne State Business School - This project is progressing as announced, and appears to be on track for completion this summer.

New Parking garage north of Eddystone - This garage is also progressing well, and appears like it will be open late summer/early fall.

Eddystone - From the outside, it sure doesn't look like much is happening. The building is hard to tell though, as you can't really get close to it because of street closures associated with two projects mentioned above. I wonder if at some point the city will actually drop the hammer on Olympia for failing to follow through on their Eddystone redevelopment project. Then I remember money talks.

The Proposed Development Wrapping around the main LCA parking garage [[aka Fail Jail #2A) - This one also has seen no progress since LCA opened. I am actually kind of surprised by it as well. Don't get me wrong, I normally don't believe any announcements regarding Olympia that don't involve parking, but given the eyesore this unfinished steel structure presents overlooking the LCA Chevy Plaza, I actually thought this one might happen.

The attached development to the garage between I-75 service drive and Henry Street [[aka Fail Jail #2B) - No progress since LCA opened. This one was originally announced as residential and then shifted more recently to offices. Much like the above, it creates an eyesore heading to the arena so I though that alone would get it finished. Given the visual similarities to the fail jail, I personally call this and the non-development above Fail Jail 2.

The proposed hotel/residential/commerical/fenced lot adjacent to Woodward between Henry and I-75 - Again, nothing. I wouldn't expect anything to happen here before the Fail Jail 2 properties above, but you wonder how long this site remains until it turns into a revenue producing landscaped surface lot.