Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Wi-fi Extender

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Are you saying that you ran out of data because your wireless isn't covering so your phone is using data instead of accessing the wireless? If so, yes an extender will help. You will have to plug it in near the current router, let it get an IP address and then take it and plug it in where you want it. I like Linksys and Netgear.
    Yes. Completely goes out on the second floor. I had to call verizon last night to get me thru the next 15 days! pissed!

On your second post, I'll take a look and ask hubby. There's all types of cable, wires, etc. and he would know more than I would.

Do you have your television cable service with ATT? If so there must be a coax running upstairs to the TV set top box; you might be able to follow that line upstairs and place your router near that

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Do you have your television cable service with ATT? If so there must be a coax running upstairs to the TV set top box; you might be able to follow that line upstairs and place your router near that
    Cable and internet. No landline. Regarding buying my own modem and router, any suggestions as to what brand? I'm going to PM you if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Cable and internet. No landline. Regarding buying my own modem and router, any suggestions as to what brand? I'm going to PM you if you don't mind.
    You can PM me if you like. As I said, I like my Nighthawk R8000 router and I have a Netgear CM1000 Modem. But I have Comcast Xfinity. You'll need to check with ATT to see what they recommend for their system. It should be somewhere on their website or just call them.

Also, do you have high speed cable or DSL internet. I know ATT uses DSL in a lot of places.