I launched THE STATION May 1st, 2009. It's a Low-power AM station broadcasting in beautiful Hamtramck, Michigan: a city having the rare distinction of being surrounded by Detroit, though I prefer the term "hugged".

On good days, my signal reaches most of Hamtramck and parts of Detroit. I'm also streaming on the Internet seven days a week. This isn't pirate radio, THE STATION complies with all FCC "part 15" regulations and is completely legal.

I feature independent Michigan music and I'm soliciting material from Michigan artists on an ongoing basis. I've created a number of shows for different types of music, which play from randomized playlists. The Dr. Morel Show, which plays twice a day, is Michigan Folk, Country, and Bluegrass. The Thanatron 2012 Show, also airing twice a day, is death metal. Sugar Beats is my favorite, which features rock from around the state. The entire schedule is available here:

http://station.hamtramckstar.com

I'm asking for your backing because I'd like to build a studio in which I'd produce a weekly two-hour radio show featuring techno and electronica from Detroit and Michigan. To do this I'll need to build a low-rent studio in our space and obtain ASCAP and BMI licensing.
All I need is a second turntable, a turntable mixer, a mic mixer, a couple of microphones, and licensing. I'll set it up in the empty store font attached to my house. The transmitter is on my roof.

To become a backer, pledge as little as $2 on my Kickstarter project:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-radio-project

If my project is funded, pledges of $50 or more get cool t-shirts, and pledges of $15 or more get a computerized on-air shout-out.

Equipment I need:
1 more turntable: $550
Two or more microphones: $400
1 mixing board: $500
1 turntable mixer: $100
1 signal compressor for AM: $200
1 year of LPAM ASCAP/BMI licensing: $360
- Miscellaneous cords and gear: $200

The only ongoing costs are my annual licensing of $360/yr, equipment maintenance, and electricity. I think I can cover that with t-shirt sales and my hobby budget.

Sincerely,

Steven Cherry
AM1610 THE STATION

Attachment 2872

Attachment 2873

Attachment 2874