Hi, it looks the National Theater's days are numbered, as 2 other buildings within the Monroe Block footprint are set to be demolished starting in June. So I am guessing the National Theater Building will be demolished during that time as well.

I understand that the façade may be preserved but I wanted to canvas fellow forumers to see if you guys/gals had any ideas how to preserve the building to bring to back to a performance arts or cinema space.

If you had a couple million dollars to invest, what do you?

I will just throw out some ideas. Since the building is so small, I propose to move the theater like the Gem Theater was moved. I would move it to midtown or overlooking Grand Circus Park. A few ideas:

1. make it a venue for showing indie films.

2. Pair the theater with a new restaurant from a well-regarded chef and make the venue a dine-in theater

3. Galvanize the local art and philanthropic community to create a ballet company and this theater would become the home of a Detroit Ballet Company.

Does anybody have any other ideas? Do you think any investors/developers would be interested in any of these ideas?