Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The guy was was angling for an NRA mag hero piece.
    Just lock him up for 30 years, and be done with it.

Define "threat" -- no doubt each individual does it a bit different.
    Almost everyone thinks in terms of MY property, MY lawn,
    MY porch, MY garage, MY driveway, MY door, etc., etc., etc.
    Only the legal weasels split hairs on what is deemed yours/public.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...guilty-by-jury

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. - A Rochester Hills man seen on video firing a gun at a teenager who was lost and looking for directions was found guilty by a jury Friday on two counts.
    Jeffrey Zeigler was charged with assault with intent to murder and felony firearms violations. The jury found him guilty of the lesser charge of assault with intent to do great bodily harm and possession of a firearm in commission of a felony......

Good. What a ridiculously over-reactive and dangerous thing to do. Shooting at a kid for just coming to your door.

We're not Louisiana quite yet.

^^^ He claimed to have given an upward-aiming 'warning' shot, that somehow shot straight ahead. Hmmm, the video from shows dead aim forward IMO! The stock pops upward only after recoil [[0:40).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RqdgELOVg4
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-13-18 at 05:48 AM.

Yep, his irresponsible over-reaction is perfect fodder for the argument against personal gun ownership. What a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I concur. Then he tries to justify it, by saying there's more to the story, yeah right.... He's lucky he missed, or he'd be looking at 1st degree murder. Dumass.

Maybe when he's in prison, and has a chance to interact with some black men, he'll form a different opinion. The only thing that bothers me about the story is that, these days, when everyone has their heads buried in smart phones, the kid didn't think of pulling up Google Maps?

The thing in this trial that really put my knickers in a knot was the wife's comment on the stand that "there was a big BLACK man on my porch". I wonder if that's enough for Richard to admit there was a racial component to this case. I really wish they could have charged her with aiding and abetting or something so they could tack a hate crime on her . If it wasn't for her idiocy, the man never would have even known that a kid knocked on his door.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe when he's in prison, and has a chance to interact with some black men, he'll form a different opinion. The only thing that bothers me about the story is that, these days, when everyone has their heads buried in smart phones, the kid didn't think of pulling up Google Maps?
    Kid didn't have a phone, not that it matters. He should be able to knock on a door without getting shot at. His mom had taken his phone away the night before as a punishment for an unknown infraction. So he overslept, missed his bus, didn't have a phone but still decided to walk 4 miles to school so he could make 3rd hour. All I can say about that is not many kids would bother to try and get there on foot with no phone; most would have rolled over and gone back to sleep after they saw they missed their bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ He claimed to have given an upward-aiming 'warning' shot, that somehow shot straight ahead. Hmmm, the video from shows dead aim forward IMO! The stock pops upward only after recoil [[0:40).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RqdgELOVg4
    He also stated he tripped!....lol

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Kid didn't have a phone, not that it matters. He should be able to knock on a door without getting shot at. His mom had taken his phone away the night before as a punishment for an unknown infraction. So he overslept, missed his bus, didn't have a phone but still decided to walk 4 miles to school so he could make 3rd hour. All I can say about that is not many kids would bother to try and get there on foot with no phone; most would have rolled over and gone back to sleep after they saw they missed their bus.
    Good point. During his interview, he seemed like a well spoken kid, that is tall for his age, that this jerk just traumatized for no telling how long. He's probably gonna be gun shy [[no pun intended) from interacting with any one that's white, I'm sure it's something he'll never forget.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-13-18 at 04:02 PM.

For sure her description is distorted. I've worked with teens; some of whom looked much older than their age, some younger. This teen boy looks 14-15 IMO, and not adult frame level BIG.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The thing in this trial that really put my knickers in a knot was the wife's comment on the stand that "there was a big BLACK man on my porch". I wonder if that's enough for Richard to admit there was a racial component to this case. I really wish they could have charged her with aiding and abetting or something so they could tack a hate crime on her . If it wasn't for her idiocy, the man never would have even known that a kid knocked on his door.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-13-18 at 05:53 PM.

Well, his own camera showed the facts. And his direct aim. God help who might have been in their driveways in that path. Careless use of a firearm!

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    He also stated he tripped!....lol

just incredibly bizarre overall. I hope this young man is being given counseling to manage all the scrutiny.

Default Common Sense and Logic Lose

Her – complete fool. Racism, alcohol, and or prescription drugs, are blurring her vision and perception of reality. To the point that she cannot distinguish the difference between “a rather big man standing there”– as opposed to the reality of the situation – that the individual standing in front of her, if not prepubescent, is just entering puberty.
    She is breathless on the 911 call – with one foot on the hysterical line. She was the catalyst that sent these events in motion.
    Him – take less medication the night before. Keep that old hunting rifle stashed somewhere. Be a man, get up out of bed [[zip your pants), confront and challenge the person [[unarmed) that is standing at your door to state their business. He could have easily overpowered that kid in any hand to hand confrontation.
    Give your wife another Ambien and tell her to calm herself.

Welcome to the Dept. of Corrections – Erections

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wife-test...ost-black-teen
    Last edited by clubboss; October-15-18 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Define "threat" -- no doubt each individual does it a bit different.
    Almost everyone thinks in terms of MY property, MY lawn,
    MY porch, MY garage, MY driveway, MY door, etc., etc., etc.
    Only the legal weasels split hairs on what is deemed yours/public.
    A jury of his peers just defined it for him. An unarmed, black 14-year old boy who had committed no crime and who was running AWAY from Jeffrey Ziegler and was no longer on his property = not a threat. Doesn't really seem like there's any subjectivity there whatsoever, seems pretty objective to me actually. Do you really see some grey zone here where any human being with a functioning brain would see it differently?

The only thing that bothers me about the story is that, these days, when everyone has their heads buried in smart phones, the kid didn't think of pulling up Google Maps?
    Why would that bother you? In fact, why was this comment even necessary to type in the first place? Just had to get a dig in at the victim, didn't you?

And anyway, his mother had confiscated his phone the night before due to some infraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    A jury of his peers just defined it for him. An unarmed, black 14-year old boy who had committed no crime and who was running AWAY from Jeffrey Ziegler and was no longer on his property = not a threat. Doesn't really seem like there's any subjectivity there whatsoever, seems pretty objective to me actually. Do you really see some grey zone here where any human being with a functioning brain would see it differently?

Why would that bother you? In fact, why was this comment even necessary to type in the first place? Just had to get a dig in at the victim, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post

I'll let you think about why, a "J", so you can post moron this later.

Another useless, mindless post. You must be shooting for some prize in the inept category.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Another useless, mindless post. You must be shooting for some prize in the inept category.
    Don't worry, there's no chance of you losing your #1 spot.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-16-18 at 01:05 AM.

Don't worry, there's no chance of you losing your #1 spot.
    Not in that category, thankfully.

About the response I expected, you always live up to expectations. Why does it "bother" you that the 14 year old didn't have a phone? You were just itching to find some way to put the onus of avoiding this incident on the victim. Utterly pathetic and par for the course for you.

I do hope this young man sues the hell out of that wife. She lit the fuse and deserves to be held accountable for her outrageous behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by clubboss View Post
    Her – complete fool. Racism, alcohol, and or prescription drugs, are blurring her vision and perception of reality. To the point that she cannot distinguish the difference between “a rather big man standing there”– as opposed to the reality of the situation – that the individual standing in front of her, if not prepubescent, is just entering puberty.
    She is breathless on the 911 call – with one foot on the hysterical line. She was the catalyst that sent these events in motion.
    Him – take less medication the night before. Keep that old hunting rifle stashed somewhere. Be a man, get up out of bed [[zip your pants), confront and challenge the person [[unarmed) that is standing at your door to state their business. He could have easily overpowered that kid in any hand to hand confrontation.
    Give your wife another Ambien and tell her to calm herself.

Welcome to the Dept. of Corrections – Erections

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wife-test...ost-black-teen
    lots of speculation there,considering that they had already had 5 previous daytime robberies do you think that with not having the advantage of after the fact knowlage they might have been a bit cautious of somebody knocking on the door?

It is pretty common for burglars to knock first in order to see if somebody is home.

When I see kids walking around the neighborhood during school hours regardless of race the first question that comes to my mind is how come they are not in school and what are they up to.

The last two were actually robbing houses.

The mother keeps on about the saying of “these people” as in a racist context,if you have been robbed 5 times in the past could not saying these people relate to a group of people robbing houses,or criminals as a whole,it is not like they know everybody’s name.

My parents were the same way,you missed the bus from dragging feet,start walking,my fist time was when I was 6,second day of school,3 miles seemed like it took days.

You ride the bus you know how to get to school,it got better when we moved 3 blocks from the school you just could not use the I forgot my homework at the house excuse because they would tell you to go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    lots of speculation there,considering that they had already had 5 previous daytime robberies do you think that with not having the advantage of after the fact knowlage they might have been a bit cautious of somebody knocking on the door?

It is pretty common for burglars to knock first in order to see if somebody is home.

When I see kids walking around the neighborhood during school hours regardless of race the first question that comes to my mind is how come they are not in school and what are they up to.

The last two were actually robbing houses.

The mother keeps on about the saying of “these people” as in a racist context,if you have been robbed 5 times in the past could not saying these people relate to a group of people robbing houses,or criminals as a whole,it is not like they know everybody’s name.

My parents were the same way,you missed the bus from dragging feet,start walking,my fist time was when I was 6,second day of school,3 miles seemed like it took days.

You ride the bus you know how to get to school,it got better when we moved 3 blocks from the school you just could not use the I forgot my homework at the house excuse because they would tell you to go get it.
    Richard, did you watch the video? I would be really surprised if any human could watch that video and still try to blame the kid.

The bus doesn't go straight from his stop to the school, it goes to all the other stops first. He was going through a neighborhood that has spaghetti streets and got lost. It's not unreasonable.

What is unreasonable is that the wife started screaming about being robbed and that the husband SHOT A FUCKING SHOTGUN at a person who was fleeing and probably at least 60-70 feet away, if not further.

There is no excuse. People who make excuses and try to blame the kid are part of a societal issue that needs to be addressed.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast