Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    This has been done many times but the liberal college elites don’t like it when conservatives turn the table and use it to mock them.
    Oh, so you're saying that white conservatives have done this EXACT SAME THING in the past, and the only consequence was that other people used their First Amendment rights to criticize them for it, much like what is happening here? You don't say?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Probably the best thing for you to do, Bham, is to organize a group of your white privileged friends, go there and have dinner. Maybe multiple times. Show everyone that you don't just talk the talk.
    Likewise, perhaps you should hire an attorney and sue this restaurateur for racial discrimination. If you're looking for a lawyer, I hear Michael Cohen could use the work, he only has three clients and he likes to give out free legal advice if you ask nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by middetres View Post
    I know it's hurtful being called a racist when not self-identifying as such. But for one to deny reaping any benefit or privilege just for being white, then getting so defensive about it and not caring to learn about it makes it harder to rebuild our institutions. . .
    I know by first hand experience that many Caucasian males, for no apparent reason except by cunning, are frequently higher on the food chain. However, that, in my experience, is the consequence of people like me regarding some things as sacrosanct while they'll devour all things accessible. But, I think that that is largely the consequence of a fiat currency and fractional banking, both of which allow essentially worthless people to "fabricate value."

Where does the gold standard sit in your theories about "rebuilding institutions"?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I know by first hand experience that many Caucasian males, for no apparent reason except by cunning, are frequently higher on the food chain. However, that, in my experience, is the consequence of people like me regarding some things as sacrosanct while they'll devour all things accessible. But, I think that that is largely the consequence of a fiat currency and fractional banking, both of which allow essentially worthless people to "fabricate value."

Where does the gold standard sit in your theories about "rebuilding institutions"?
    If Ron Paul had a stroke while using Twitter, I'm pretty sure this post is what would come out. How on earth did you go from racial discrimination to the Gold Standard in four sentences?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    If Ron Paul had a stroke while using Twitter, I'm pretty sure this post is what would come out. How on earth did you go from racial discrimination to the Gold Standard in four sentences?
    Skills, son

The printing press is probably the most significant lever of political power over the ruled classes. How monetary policy wouldn't be related to applied racism would be a mystery to me.
    Last edited by Adam; April-23-18 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ...snip...
    "I also can see very clearly how destructive some of these other models are. So the dinner is about uplifting self-determination and having a conversation around self-determination as a tool for community transformation as opposed to relying on an exploitative, extractive, free-market system or relying on philanthropy that controls and dictates how money is spent and to whom it is given," Wey says.
    I don't think his approach is wise, but its his right to do what he wants.

What is more interesting is his philosophy. Can anyone explain this to me? What is self-determination? I don't see anyone whose right to self-determination is impinged? How does SD lead to 'community transformation'? And transformation into what?

Apparently what not is the 'exploitative, extractive free-market system'. How are some exploited? Who is 'extracting' what from whom? From what I can see, the EEFMS has done a pretty good job of reducing poverty and increasing health and education around the world. If Wey thinks it has overlooked someone, he might want to consider some identity group self reflection while learning just how others around the world are joining the EEFMS and becoming successful.

He has his buzzwords down pat. That I give him. But expressing real meaning to other? Not so much. Helping reduce racism -- not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Apparently what not is the 'exploitative, extractive free-market system'. How are some exploited? Who is 'extracting' what from whom?
    Consider this: How much do you think the people in Bagladeshi sweat shops are getting paid by American companies to produce the clothing that we all wear? And is that exploitative or not exploitative in your opinion?

Poor people are a resource to the rich. Their cheap labor generates wealth for the rich, but the poor stay poor.

I don't see anyone whose right to self-determination is impinged?
    If barriers are thrown up in front of you for things like housing, education, employment, etc. based solely on your race/religion/ethnicity/gender, etc. then you do not have true self-determination. And please don't pretend that practices like steering, redlining, employment discrimination, etc don't still exist today. They do. They're better hidden then they were 50 years ago, but they're still there.
    Last edited by aj3647; April-26-18 at 01:14 PM.

^ I know the feeling,I went in to get a hair cut and they said .. we do not cut white peoples hair.

I said okay and went elsewhere,thinking back I should have called the lawyer and news outlets.

When in history have poor people have not been a resource for the rich no matter what system you are under?

"We all" can choose to purchase made in America products and not support the rich people by supporting fellow Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...I went in to get a hair cut and they said .. we do not cut white peoples hair....
    I was right behind you and they said they just say that to Richard to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I was right behind you and they said they just say that to Richard to get rid of him.
    lol, I would not doubt it,but I only have a few hairs left so it would have been a quick snip snip.

Years ago I went with my bil who is African American into a bar in north Fla,after a few minutes the bartender snapped a Polaroid of me,I asked him why and he said he was going to put up on the wall because I was the only white guy to ever step into the bar then said something about lines on the table.

My bil had to leave for a few minutes as he said,then came back two hours later,I actually had a good time.In the old days they called them Juke joints.

^ I know the feeling,I went in to get a hair cut and they said .. we do not cut white peoples hair.
    What barber shop? What's the name? What's its address?

What barber shop? What's the name? What's its address?
    Makes no sense to ask this. If you're black, why care that this shop doesn't do white hair? If you're white, you know they don't do white hair? So either way, just find someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Makes no sense to ask this. If you're black, why care that this shop doesn't do white hair? If you're white, you know they don't do white hair? So either way, just find someone else.
    How can I "find somewhere else" if I don't even know what barbershop he is referring to? Your post makes absolutely no sense. I, as a white man, am supposed to somehow magically avoid a barbershop when I don't even know what barbershop he's talking about? Hence why I asked the question...

Since Richard is telling the truth about this anecdote, and totally isn't lying, he should be able to give me a name and address. You know, so I can avoid them in the future.

Yea AJ What are the odds you are going to drive to Orlando for a haircut at a place that closed years ago.

But as usual the point went way over your head or you choose to ingore it in your rush to push an agenda within your own little bubble.

Kinda like the post in the other thread that was based on your own comments and you found it confusing.

Now you are trying to make it about Richard and the next thing that is going to happen is somebody is going to comment that it is not about Richard,without understanding that many people's opinions,views and comments are based on life experiences.

Is that not the whole nucleus of the discussion?

Yes AJ,in the real world there are white racists just as there are African American racists and this thread proves the systematic judging of an entire race based on the actions of a few, no matter what race is doing the judging.

The interesting thing I find,in life expirences,is the Hispanic population and not as a whole,is even more racist against the African American community then most whites that I know,but yet that is not an issue.

600,000 whites alongside 30,000 freed slaves died in the fight to end slavery in this country while South America who had more slaves then any other country combined and continued to do so is no big deal.

It is the white mans cross to bear and every white man is racist and needs to go away.

So now you can pick this post apart and read into whatever you wish and post a comment based on your personal views and life experiences and then try and tell me how you as a single individual are the only one that can judge how others should think or feel and pander to or join the crowd of I do not agree with you so I will just call you a racist and that will justify your own racism.

Like I said this is why it will always be wash rinse and repeat and nothing changes.

Yea AJ What are the odds you are going to drive to Orlando for a haircut at a place that closed years ago.
    I'm there occasionally for work. And how oddly convenient that they "closed years ago." Since they're closed, you shouldn't have a problem then telling us the name of the former barbershop then. Perhaps I can look it up online and find out if the former proprietor has a new location, so I know not to go there. Do you remember the name, Richard? Let me guess, it was so long ago that you "don't remember."

You said it happened, Richard. Just tell us the name and former address of the shop. What are you trying to hide?

You must be really bored,it was over ten years ago,I stopped next door for something,they said 20 minutes,I saw the barbershop next door and figured it would be a way to kill some time.

I opened the door and asked how long the wait is and they gave me the reply,I said okay and moved on,I am sure you would have been standing in the middle of Orange Ave jumping up and down screaming racist.

Since you know the erea so well maybe you can explain why would an African American open a barbershop in Taft where the population consists of rich white folk on the lake,carnies from James Straight circus who occasionally rally there and poor white folk living in mobile homes,and at the time about 3 African Americans,and not cut white peoples hair.

As you can imagine they did not last there long and are no longer open,if you were actually thinking with your head and really doing business there,knowing that I lived there for over 30 years with connections,would It not have been wiser to ask me if I could hook you up with more business instead of obsessing with the seed while throwing the apple out.

How can I "find somewhere else" if I don't even know what barbershop he is referring to? Your post makes absolutely no sense. I, as a white man, am supposed to somehow magically avoid a barbershop when I don't even know what barbershop he's talking about? Hence why I asked the question...

Since Richard is telling the truth about this anecdote, and totally isn't lying, he should be able to give me a name and address. You know, so I can avoid them in the future.
    AJ, its really quite simple. When you see a barbershop, and you need a haircut [[I do today, story later), then you walk in. In the very unlikely event they say they don't do white hair, you Kindly thank them for their time, and ask for a recommendation for a nearby barber who does.

Maybe this guy is tired of doing hair for his white family. Or maybe he had a bad experience with racism. Or maybe he just don't know how to do it. Who knows. And who cares.

When you're providing a specialty service, I think you can be pretty specific about who you work with. On the other hand, if you are a commodity provider like a grocery store, then you must accept all comers. Of course you are still allowed to only stock Japanese food if you wish.

Its so easy to find racism if you think everything is racist. Maybe the guy just knows that he's not very good at it -- and he's got a lot of clients for his specialty.

Kindness is easy. You may be happier if you start with kindness rather than suspicion.

Meanwhile, I'm headed to a good barber I was just told about. And I'll try not to think badly of him because he's Chinese. I hope he knows how to cut my white hair! But if not, I'll go next door.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3