Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    That's the old Universal Mall site. They've actually done OK with remaking it into a retail plaza. I believe the theater was once part of the mall. It used to be a super-cheap theater, but now MJR bought it and they've put money into it.

MJR theaters are pretty decent.
    Sure, but is it walkable?

There's not even a sidewalk, on either side of the street.

Perhaps a 3-4 story parking garage/park and ride transit hub would help with adding pre/post commute shoppers.

Parking garages exist next to Warren City Hall and the Police Dept.
    Last edited by O3H; March-30-18 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I've been to parks in the Pointes, and they actually aren't particularly nice. We have much nicer parks in Birmingham, with hills, streams and amazing playscapes for kids, and they're open to anyone.

Yes, I'm sure that the flat, featureless grass landscapes of the Pointes would have 10x the crowding of Central Park, no doubt, if they had the indignity of operating like every other park on earth. The Pointes are just such a hot destination for outsiders and grass is such a scarce commodity in Michigan...
    Then why are you throwing such a tantrum? If you don't care for our wonderful parks why are you so upset that they are only open to residents and invited guests?

I realize that every time you inappropriately cry racism when it does not apply you earn points toward your SJW merit badge. But your dog whistle, one trick pony nonsense is so tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Then why are you throwing such a tantrum? If you don't care for our wonderful parks why are you so upset that they are only open to residents and invited guests?
    No one is "throwing a tantrum" except those virulently defending racism.

I think it's stupid and counterproductive to have such a backwards policy, and it's reflected in the fact that the Pointes are no longer particularly desirable among professionals. But no one claims that the Pointes don't have the right to close their parks to outsiders, even if the underlying purpose is racial exclusion.

I realize that every time you inappropriately cry racism when it does not apply you earn points toward your SJW merit badge. But your dog whistle, one trick pony nonsense is so tiresome.
    Yeah, that's the problem, obviously. A loathsome President screaming "Mexicans are rapists!" isn't the problem, it's the people not rabidly cheering the hatred who are the problem. All the Deplorables, angry at life, love to demonize others. If you think blacks shouldn't be lynched, you're apparently a "SJW" according to Deplorable Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    No one is "throwing a tantrum" except those virulently defending racism.

I think it's stupid and counterproductive to have such a backwards policy, and it's reflected in the fact that the Pointes are no longer particularly desirable among professionals. But no one claims that the Pointes don't have the right to close their parks to outsiders, even if the underlying purpose is racial exclusion.

Yeah, that's the problem, obviously. A loathsome President screaming "Mexicans are rapists!" isn't the problem, it's the people not rabidly cheering the hatred who are the problem. All the Deplorables, angry at life, love to demonize others. If you think blacks shouldn't be lynched, you're apparently a "SJW" according to Deplorable Nation.
    I don't recall anybody on here defending racism. That word has been so overused by extremists like you on the left that it has lost all of its meaning. Intellectually bankrupt people pathetically believe that that word gives them power and moral superiority. Sadly this renders it weak when actual racism, not your unceasing false cries of racism, really does exist. It would serve you well to take a lesson from this: http://www.storyarts.org/library/aes...ories/boy.html

Further, you have absolutely no knowledge of the demographics, which include professionals of all ethnicities, or the real estate market of the Pointes.

You incessantly bloviate on here about many topics and hold yourself out as an expert on all when in reality your arguments are empty and often completely without fact and merit. Just because you say something does not make it true.

Finally, when all you do is childishly call people or ideas that do not conform to your astonishingly narrowminded viewpoint racist and call people with differing political viewpoints "cultists", "nazis" and "deplorables" it speaks volumes about your character. I'm surprised that you don't call people on here "stupid poopy heads".
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; March-31-18 at 01:12 PM.

I don't recall anybody on here defending racism. That word has been so overused by extremists like you on the left that it has lost all of its meaning. Intellectually bankrupt people pathetically believe that that word gives them power and moral superiority. Sadly this renders it weak when actual racism, not your unceasing false cries of racism, really does exist. It would serve you well to take a lesson from this: http://www.storyarts.org/library/aes...ories/boy.html

Further, you have absolutely no knowledge of the demographics, which include professionals of all ethnicities, or the real estate market of the Pointes.

You incessantly bloviate on here about many topics and hold yourself out as an expert on all when in reality your arguments are empty and often completely without fact and merit. Just because you say something does not make it true.

Finally, when all you do is childishly call people or ideas that do not conform to your astonishingly narrowminded viewpoint racist and call people with differing political viewpoints "cultists", "nazis" and "deplorables" it speaks volumes about your character. I'm surprised that you don't call people on here "stupid poopy heads".
    The problem is this: whatever you say about bham's opinions being narrowminded shortcuts, they are still a notch above the featherweight Chump's soapbox banter.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    The problem is this: whatever you say about bham's opinions being narrowminded shortcuts, they are still a notch above the featherweight Chump's soapbox banter.
    That is your opinion. I do not agree with it but I am not going to call you names as Bham would do. What he/she does not realize is that when he/she stoops to such childish antics as he/she does he/she loses all credibility.

Yes, that theater [[a decent dollar show place - can't recall name) was connected to the mall. It was ok if not great.

I think essentially what needs to happen for this development is they need to create something like Partridge Creek. Something that you drive to, but that once you're there, it's a pleasant place to walk around and hang out and go to events. For this they'd be swapping out some of the shopping for government stuff [[city hall, library, nearby courthouse), and more intensive programming at the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I think essentially what needs to happen for this development is they need to create something like Partridge Creek. Something that you drive to, but that once you're there, it's a pleasant place to walk around and hang out and go to events. For this they'd be swapping out some of the shopping for government stuff [[city hall, library, nearby courthouse), and more intensive programming at the park.
    Other then that area not being conducive to very high end retailers, I really can’t argue about any of that. Sounds pretty good to me.

Warren has never had a true downtown - and CenterLine doesn't count

http://centerline.grobbel.org/maps/W...latMap1895.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Other then that area not being conducive to very high end retailers, I really can’t argue about any of that. Sounds pretty good to me.
    Besides that, most retailers aren't really in expansion mode right now [[especially in stagnant working class cities like Warren). This has been a huge point of contention with the liquidation of Toys R Us, because it's going to mean a ton of vacant retail space.

The few areas that the few expanding retailers are focused on are high-growth, upper middle class areas with a huge concentration of white collar workers.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-01-18 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Besides that, most retailers aren't really in expansion mode right now [[especially in stagnant working class cities like Warren). This has been a huge point of contention with the liquidation of Toys R Us, because it's going to mean a ton of vacant retail space.

The few areas that the few expanding retailers are focused on are high-growth, upper middle class areas with a huge concentration of white collar workers.
    slim pickings but there are some retailers expanding brick and mortar- I was at somerset good friday and both sides of the mall had lots of traffic.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/reta...s-in-2018.html

in so much as warren gets bashed, they have made success of their city square. I have taken my children to the splash pad in summer, ice rink in winter and patronized the carnival. if its clean and safe, people will come.
    http://www.smithgroupjjr.com/project...e#.WsKP4DYo40Q
    Last edited by hybridy; April-02-18 at 03:24 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3