Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
Has anyone asked teachers about this idea?

I'm trying to imagine which teachers I've had in my life who would even accept being armed, let alone want to be armed. The few I could imagine had such hot tempers that they're likely to be the ones who shouldn't be armed.
Seriously though.[[-and I do mean it, not as a tone of contention.)

I mean, I've read enough stories [[plus that movie by Mel) of people who were lured into the armed forces with the promise they could be COs and then faced harsh measures when they failed to comply with something contrary.

Granted, there's no strong talk of enforcing this with teachers and we can hypothesize a slipper-slope here, but let's just entertain the "what if?" where we find a teacher [[at a parochial school, or otherwise-maybe somewhere south in Texas or Florida) is being told by administration, parents, and community that they are not as "patriotic" or "as concerned for the safety of the students as they should be" because they won't carry a loaded weapon to class.....

oh, and just a little survey: who grew up in a school where they regularly and zealously paddled kids for the slightest infraction? Yeah, most kids today would never believe me if I told them I suffered that for the first four years of my Evangelical Lutheran education.