Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

^ easy to say if one does not have to deal with it,go through your day tomorrow where pretty much everywhere you go you will not be able to communicate in English.Try something simple like ordering a cup of coffee.

Here people are angry about it but those with means,just leave,track the migration from Florida to the Carolinas,Tennessee,Northern Georgia suburbs from 2006 to present and the income levals of those who migrated.

I have had major chain companies actually draft a company policy that dictates that they must have at least one English speaking employee advailable,try buying a set of spark plugs for your car or any part and you cannot because the parts store employees cannot understand English.

Even at the super wal mart that is 15 blocks from my house in Orlando,if you need to speak to costumer service or management you need to either bring a translator or find a customer that is bilingual.

The one thing that has a common thread is the $100 bill,everybody knows exactly what that is.

But what they guy is saying in reference to they are limiting their options by not learning the language,I have a friend that is Spanish,for what I sell for $600 she sells for $900 because her customers only speak Spanish so they only deal in those circles.

My kids are 1/2 Spanish and they are bilingual,my x mother in law lived in this country 70 years and never learned English,I married a Columbian she did not know any English when we met,first 3 dates her nephew translated,at her work nobody spoke English but yet she learned enough English to have a conversation within 90 days,not because of me but because she wanted to be a part of the country.

It was kinda nice at first,she could be mad at me all day long and I did not have a clue what she was saying anyways.

It may not be an issiue in Detroit today or tomorrow but if it is clear going forward it is being proactive,it can become a big issue really quick.

Our state it is not Press 1 for English,2 for Spanish it is 3,4,5 ,6 different languages,so the state needs to employ somebody that speaks all of those languages,every piece of paper needs to be advailable in all of those different languages,the online presence needs to be advailable in all of those different languages.

The courts,police department,fire department,911,hospitals all have to have multi language speakers advailable.Reams of paper involved in printing everything in 6 different languages all of that costs money.

The argument is it is telling immigrants that we do not want them here is silly.

Go to any country in the world and tell them that they have to adapt their language to the one you speak and let me know how that goes.

I am going to move to Canada and I speak Creole,Okay Canada start changing everything in your society so I can keep speaking Creole and let's make that the common language,if you say no that means I am not welcome there,and you are anti immigrant and racist against Haitians.

Gee,I wonder how that would go over.

As far as the actual immigration aspect,learning English is a requirement is in the rule book,but we already decided that immigrants are exempt from the laws,so it is irrelevant anyways.
    Last edited by Richard; February-28-18 at 12:29 AM.