Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Demo Or Restore [[Case Study Of Sorts)

This is from the Washington Post.

It is 475 New York Ave., N.W., an area where older buildings have been torn down and replaced by big, new gleaming buildings.

In this case, the developers opted to restore rather than put up on a new building. BTW, the photo in the article doesn't have a good perspective of the block. Need to go to Google maps. It is two older houses next to a block of new buildings. The restored house is adjacent to the apartment building with gray windows and dark tan brick.

The block is almost entirely new but has a few older houses. The next block to the left is full of older structures.

I believe this block was full of older houses and shells and apparently developers persuaded the owners that a new apartment building was better than restoring the shell. [[This is part of the so-called NoMa area of D.C.). I believe the building to the right is a Homewood Suites and is pretty new.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b6e5990b4adf

If one goes to Google maps one will see [[esp. if one gets a panoramic street view).

Happily, for me, I won't get nicked saying it would have been demolished for a sports facility or parking.

Your thoughts?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/47...!4d-77.0186055
    Last edited by emu steve; February-12-18 at 12:19 PM.