Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
Absolutely, I will stand by it.

In my world both political parties can make mistakes. It is not a team sport where the team I stick for can never do wrong.

This law is protectionist anti business regulation. How is it not? If there is something to actually fear about Tesla’s business model costing jobs at dealerships, then we are screwed completely because 45 other states have welcomed Elon Musk’s car company with open arms.

Let the consumer decide how they want to buy a car. Protecting jobs on an island in Michigan will never work. It never has. You would think a diehard Republican like yourself would know that.

This is a new century with new technologies and new business practices and believe it or not new companies.

Freezing out new business models and ideas is moronic. This example illustrates it perfectly. To protect car salesman jobs and dealership owners we are telling the new car company not to open any engineering facilities in Michigan when that is our bread and butter. His aerospace company, battery technology companies and other businesses of the future forsaken to protect car dealership owners and salesmen.

Again, you couldn’t have made a dumber decision if you had tried. All they did was play picking “winners and losers” and this time they picked solidly against high tech. Very stupid.

If you need further proof of how badly Lansing picked this one look at the investor opinion of Musk’s Tesla business model and compare the market cap of TSLA vs. F or GM

That market has already spoken loud and clear.
Doesn't Detroit has a history of freezing out mational businesses and retail that want to do business in the city. Detroit also give businesses a very hard time with crazy stipulations when the businesses are allowed to open in the city. I had said this many times that's is for me having conversations with some of these business owners who had told me. Tesla, Apple, Restoration Hardware would be games changers in Detroit's business/ retail community. I will also hope that Amazon could have a smaller office in downtown Detroit