Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    There is a reason Hart plaza is virtually free of graffiti. You do know Hart Plaza has a huge number of security Cameras and an active police station underneath it. The police would be on the taggers before they even removed the caps off their paint cans.
    Just where they are needed the most. Protecting the concrete.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to take into account that there are a lot more kids in elementary schools than in high schools and use the age demographic to figure out the number of schools needed. I forget what the HS drop out rate is, but I know they lose a lot of kids in the later years.
    Edit: It's something like 29% of kids graduate from high school in Detroit.
    Three average-sized elementary schools for each average-sized high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Just where they are needed the most. Protecting the concrete.
    There are millions of people visits to Hart Plaza every summer. There are high profile events almost every weekend all summer long. Events like the Fireworks, Hoe-down, Jazz festival, Techno fest and championship parades. Any crime that happens at one of the big events it's all over the news. The police station is also directly on the riverwalk providing protection for the thousands who visit it.

Stosh Guest

There are millions of people visits to Hart Plaza every summer. There are high profile events almost every weekend all summer long. Events like the Fireworks, Hoe-down, Jazz festival, Techno fest and championship parades. Any crime that happens at one of the big events it's all over the news. The police station is also directly on the riverwalk providing protection for the thousands who visit it.
    Fiddling while Rome burns. Lovely stuff, but rather meaningless in the context of kids dying in the streets of Detroit every day. Prioritize. Do these events pay their way for security, or is it a luxury?

Utica Community Schools and the DPS should merge.

Seems like the honest solution.

meethinks they should have had the doors in different locations aside from circling the fountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesyxx View Post
    meethinks they should have had the doors in different locations aside from circling the fountain.
    Meethinks this whole campaign - not just displaying the doors in Hart Plaza - was stupid beyond belief!

I couldn't believe it when I heard on WDET this morning that there was a parade today. Well, a parade fixes everything. The housing market should throw a parade. We should have a parade for the auto industry, too. I'm in! This all seems bizarre to me. I just don't get it.

There is a reason Hart plaza is virtually free of graffiti. You do know Hart Plaza has a huge number of security Cameras and an active police station underneath it. The police would be on the taggers before they even removed the caps off their paint cans.
    I would speculate that the caretaker scrubs off more graffiti with muriatic acid then the Police prevent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2