Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by clubboss View Post
    Snapshot from my Twitter feed

Attachment 34958

There you go, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    You do remember that the Republicans have ruled the Congress for the last decade?

Did they also rule the House, Senate, and the Oval Office?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    How about Obama and Dems people? They had 8 years to put something in place, and just kicked the can down the road. Now they're going to blame this on Trump and his Reps, and people are going to put the same people back in office that caused this in the first place. That being said, something needs to be put in place for people like Mr. Garcia.
    Republicans controlled the House of Representatives for six of those eight years. But yeah, it's all Obama's fault. When he DID take unilateral action on immigration [[like DACA), you conservatives would froth at the mouth with rage and call him a dictator and declare that he was violating the Constitution. Now you're criticizing him for NOT doing that?

And then you're going to have the audacity to say that we shouldn't actually blame the Administration who took the deliberate step of revoking Obama's policy of not targeting established undocumented immigrants without a criminal history? So Trump's not responsible for his deliberate actions, but Obama is at fault for not being a dictator and abolishing Congress?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Republicans controlled the House of Representatives for six of those eight years. But yeah, it's all Obama's fault. When he DID take unilateral action on immigration [[like DACA), you conservatives would froth at the mouth with rage and call him a dictator and declare that he was violating the Constitution. Now you're criticizing him for NOT doing that?

And then you're going to have the audacity to say that we shouldn't actually blame the Administration who took the deliberate step of revoking Obama's policy of not targeting established undocumented immigrants without a criminal history? So Trump's not responsible for his deliberate actions, but Obama is at fault for not being a dictator and abolishing Congress?

"Did they also rule the House, Senate, and the Oval Office?"

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Uh, you could say the exact same thing about Obama.
    Not the same. Was Obama deporting people like this man? No. How do I know? Because this guy lived for eight years under Obama and had immigration action against him deferred for that entire time period. Looking at raw numbers is misleading, it doesn't tell you WHO is being deported or why.

Obama's deportation efforts were focused on two groups: recent undocumented arrivals and those with criminal records. Obama specifically prioritized enforcement efforts to NOT target people like Jorge Garcia who have lived here for decades, have American families, are gainfully employed, pay taxes, and obey the law.

"Did they also rule the House, Senate, and the Oval Office?"
    You don't understand how our system of government works do you? Things like separation of powers? The power to legalize the immigration status of someone like Jorge Garcia rests with the legislative role of Congress, not with the Executive Branch.

Also, you DO know that the House and Senate are part of Congress, right?

I think you might be advised to watch some Schoolhouse Rock videos or other educational content designed to teach the basic principles of American governance to 8-year olds.

You don't understand how our system of government works do you? Things like separation of powers? The power to legalize the immigration status of someone like Jorge Garcia rests with the legislative role of Congress, not with the Executive Branch.

Also, you DO know that the House and Senate are part of Congress, right?

I think you might be advised to watch some Schoolhouse Rock videos or other educational content designed to teach the basic principles of American governance to 8-year olds.

"aj"3647 =

Name:  jackass.JPG
Views: 586
Size:  40.1 KB

"aj"3647 =

Name:  jackass.JPG
Views: 586
Size:  40.1 KB
    typical "i can't come up with a better response" from the hard right.
    Last edited by Maof; January-18-18 at 12:42 PM.

Not the same. Was Obama deporting people like this man? No. How do I know? Because this guy lived for eight years under Obama and had immigration action against him deferred for that entire time period. Looking at raw numbers is misleading, it doesn't tell you WHO is being deported or why.

Obama's deportation efforts were focused on two groups: recent undocumented arrivals and those with criminal records. Obama specifically prioritized enforcement efforts to NOT target people like Jorge Garcia who have lived here for decades, have American families, are gainfully employed, pay taxes, and obey the law.
    Read his history,he was up for deportation 3 times under the previous administration each time he hired a lawyer and received a temporary stay until the outcome was determined.

He said he was useing that stall tactic to buy time in hopes that the system would change,so he was picked for deportation years ago,bought time and now exhausted his options,he took a risk and lost.

His other option was to self deport,he has been married 15 years,he could have been legal 14 years of that already,he made a bad choice and now is paying that price for his and nobody's else's decisions.

Ask them to print the real story with all of the facts,Ice has columns he needed two checks from those columns to be one the radar even back then and being here illegally was only one of this checks but not a priority,tell them to publicly say what the other disqualifier was.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    That has applied for the last 200 years for both parties.

Democrate president in office, republicans want them out,republican president in office democrats want them out.

Not exactly a smoking gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    typical "i can't come up with a better response" from the hard right.

Typical Libtard response "AJ". It doesn't have to be "better", just correct.

aj, You seem to be working overtime promoting the interests of illegal non-citizens and the US Chamber of Commerce over American workers today. Let President Obama, in his own words explain why what he eventually did with executive orders was unconstitutional. He made 22 such statements before going rogue and announcing he had a pen. Had he gone through Congress, and he did have that opportunity for two years, Trump wouldn't be able to use executive orders to erase Obama's unconstitutional, by Obama's own words, executive orders on immigration. Here is one of Obama's 22 such statements:

1. “[T]here are those in the immigrants’ rights community who have argued passionately that we should simply provide those who are [here] illegally with legal status, or at least ignore the laws on the books and put an end to deportation until we have better laws. ... I believe such an indiscriminate approach would be both unwise and unfair. It would suggest to those thinking about coming here illegally that there will be no repercussions for such a decision. And this could lead to a surge in more illegal immigration. And it would also ignore the millions of people around the world who are waiting in line to come here legally. Ultimately, our nation, like all nations, has the right and obligation to control its borders and set laws for residency and citizenship. And no matter how decent they are, no matter their reasons, the 11 million who broke these laws should be held accountable.” [[7/1/10) Then our 'constitutional scholar' President morphed into the guy who said that he had a pen to write executive order and that as president, he could do whatever he wanted [[at 1min 15sec).
    Last edited by oladub; January-18-18 at 02:06 PM.

"aj"3647 =
    Yes, you seem like the type of guy who communicates better in pictograph form. Concepts like "separation of powers" are tough for those with a 1st grade intellect to understand. Here are some resources for your edification. Let me know if the words are too tough for you or if there aren't enough pictures.

https://wiki.kidzsearch.com/wiki/Separation_of_powers

https://www.congressforkids.net/Cons...eebranches.htm

Yes, you seem like the type of guy who communicates better in pictograph form. Concepts like "separation of powers" are tough for those with a 1st grade intellect to understand. Here are some resources for your edification. Let me know if the words are too tough for you or if there aren't enough pictures.

https://wiki.kidzsearch.com/wiki/Separation_of_powers

https://www.congressforkids.net/Cons...eebranches.htm

Your the type of jerk that just blurts out emotional outrage without much thought behind it because things aren't going your way. You've been cited for that before. You're really not qualified here to be pointing out reading comprehension issues to anyone, "aj". Too bad your parents didn't kiddy-proof their PC.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-19-18 at 11:19 AM.

Too bad this issue is so bound to partisan politics. As it was posted here last year by a member the following is often forgotten:

'The Republican's are too wed to the idea that immigration is bad, and the Democrats are too wed to the idea that any immigration standards are racist. The truth lies in the middle.'

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Too bad this issue is so bound to partisan politics. As it was posted here last year by a member the following is often forgotten:

'The Republican's are too wed to the idea that immigration is bad, and the Democrats are too wed to the idea that any immigration standards are racist. The truth lies in the middle.'

Therein lies the rub. No matter which side holds office, it turns into two sissy-boys throwing sand @ each other in the school lot. The whole political atmosphere in the USA is in a tailspin.

Your the type of jerk that just blurts out emotional outrage without much thought behind it because things aren't going your way.
    You literally just described yourself when you responded to my post by calling me a jackass and nothing else.

Couldn't agree more.

Why are each 'wed'? I believe a lot is symbolism [[or virtue signalling if you wish). Much of the right is concerned about 'rule of law' more than anti-immigrant. Of course the left sees it as anti-immigrant. Much of the left sees an anti-humanism running amok in corporations and the right. They like immigration more because it is support for the powerless foreigner than because they really want an additional 300 million Indians or Bangladeshi or Mexicans in the job market.

Yep. I consider the issue of immigration on may levels in addition to the now 'Trump said [[fill in the blank) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _' factors.

For example at a priority level, as a black woman I consider immigration especially illegal [[undocumented or what ever PC name) relative to black unemployment and under employment problem.

A problem in need of balance towards Americans first. And while a large percentage of us [[black people) will never side with Trump, we're not exactly championing unquestioned immigration and keeping not addressing those here illegally!

Therein lies the rub. No matter which side holds office, it turns into two sissy-boys throwing sand @ each other in the school lot. The whole political atmosphere in the USA is in a tailspin.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-22-18 at 07:00 AM.

You literally just described yourself when you responded to my post by calling me a jackass and nothing else.

EXCELLENT reply on your part! "I know you are but what am I?" LOL!!!

Not all standards are racist, but some are. Here's a test. Of the two immigration standards below [[one of which was a recent off-hand suggestion about how to structure our immigration policy by a certain politician), identify the one that might be racist.

"Immigrants to the United States should have a clean criminal record and no ties to terrorism" - Racist or not racist?

"No immigrants from 'shithole' black-majority countries, such as Haiti and pretty much all of Africa" - Racist or not racist?

I guess too bad for Jorge Garcia that he's not Norwegian.

EXCELLENT reply on your part! "I know you are but what am I?" LOL!!!
    Oh I think I have a pretty good idea of what you are. Now this is the part where you insult me and call me names and then accuse me of lashing out emotionally because things aren't going my way. I bet you majored in debate at Trump University.

I hear that. Some standards are clearly racist and some aren't. In the mean time the life boats getting full. The Ellis Island 'give-us-your-poor' former reasoning ignores our current status. During that period we were nation building, needing the population numbers. Further, we did not have a welfare state, with some abusing the privilege of public assistance.

Who would have foretold that the timing where we need to carefully look at all of this would be during such a president. But we're here. Looking back and the original narrative of immigration does little in the context of today resources and need. Should the alternate be to ditch all standards in response to Trump stupid comments?

How do we retain focus on what our immigration policies and our priorities need to be outside of politics? Impossible?

The Norwegians number needs to be minimal too IMO, relative to prioritizing resources to our existing citizens: many suffering, having endured multiple natural devastation -- unemployed and under-employed, etc.

And you might be shocked to find out how some African-Americans feel about more refugees and especially illegal immigrants. That's my community -- so I hear what is said man on the street, etc. as I am out and about and per what I read. Trump might blush.

Yet, as I said elsewhere we get the racial tone of Trumps agenda. We're hard - pressed between on one hand repudiating that, yet know good and well we need immigration reform.

Not all standards are racist, but some are. Here's a test. Of the two immigration standards below [[one of which was a recent off-hand suggestion about how to structure our immigration policy by a certain politician), identify the one that might be racist.

"Immigrants to the United States should have a clean criminal record and no ties to terrorism" - Racist or not racist?

"No immigrants from 'shithole' black-majority countries, such as Haiti and pretty much all of Africa" - Racist or not racist?

Last edited by Zacha341; January-19-18 at 08:44 PM.

We are talking about countries that sell slaves on the open market,parents that will rent you their 10 year old daughter for the evening and 8 year olds that can field strip a AK 47 and engage in war before you are out of bed for breakfast.

The slaves that they are selling? Those are their immigrants,that is their DACA program,seperate the men women and children because they all have different values.

Take a child that has spent their life in a war zone where they learn about kill or be killed before math and put them into a situation like our children live without physiology help then get mad when they start raping and killing.

All of that and your are offended because he called it a shithole country?

What would you call it ? An exotic tourist destination?

It would appear that people have more of a problem With terminology then open slave trade,children sold before puberty and children engaged in war.

No problem with all of that let's just twist it around to get an agenda.
    Last edited by Richard; January-19-18 at 04:02 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast