Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zads07 View Post
    But at his age, it wasn't his fault. That's what you Trumpers do not understand. Have some compassion for your fellow man.
    I have more compassion for US workers who are out of work or have had their wages driven down by labor markets flooded with cheaper foreign labor. Detroit and Flint used to be fine places with good wages. One has to make a choice whether to prioritize fellow U.S. citizens or the interests of non-citizens and their profiteering employers. One also has to prioritize the rule of law with unconstitutional executive orders and enforcement of the law with whatever feels good.

Still, I think there is room for compromise. For instance, why not count illegal non-citizens with good histories like Mr. Garcia toward meeting Mexico's annual legal quota of immigrants and visa recipients. Of course, that wouldn't be fair to the over million Mexicans who are waiting in line to legally cross into the U.S.. Or how about cutting immigration/visas to countries who send us terrorists offset by expanding legal immigration and visas from Mexico? Again, compassions have to be prioritized and that is Congress and the President's job.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I have more compassion for US workers who are out of work or have had their wages driven down by labor markets flooded with cheaper foreign labor. Detroit and Flint used to be fine places with good wages. One has to make a choice whether to prioritize fellow U.S. citizens or the interests of non-citizens and their profiteering employers. One also has to prioritize the rule of law with unconstitutional executive orders and enforcement of the law with whatever feels good.

Still, I think there is room for compromise. For instance, why not count illegal non-citizens with good histories like Mr. Garcia toward meeting Mexico's annual legal quota of immigrants and visa recipients. Of course, that wouldn't be fair to the over million Mexicans who are waiting in line to legally cross into the U.S.. Or how about cutting immigration/visas to countries who send us terrorists offset by expanding legal immigration and visas from Mexico? Again, compassions have to be prioritized and that is Congress and the President's job.
    Expand immigration from Mexico? But according to your president, aren't they criminals and rapists? As far as taking good jobs away from Americans, this is the dumbest argument ever. Unskilled immigrants do the low paying service jobs that Americans won't. There is a tremendous need in developed countries for younger immigrants to pay income taxes for the retiree population to collect their social security checks. The jobs in Flint were lost for obvious reasons not worth revisiting here.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    As far as taking good jobs away from Americans, this is the dumbest argument ever. Unskilled immigrants do the low paying service jobs that Americans won't.

Just because you hear something repeated over and over doesn't make it true.

This is pure stupidity. How on Gods green earth is it in the best interest of the American taxpayer to remove the father and largest breadwinner from this family of American citizens? They couldn't have found a more expensive solution to this case if they tried. Now we all will probably have to support this family until each and everyone of these children are grown and then hope that the damage done isn't generational so we will pay for it indefinitely many times over.

All to send a message that nobody is above the law. How ridiculous. Judges do exactly that on a daily basis in their court rooms examining every case and sentencing on a individual basis.

Use some intelligence for a change instead of using a one size fits all on everything idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Just because you hear something repeated over and over doesn't make it true.
    You're probably right. More statistics that are fake news.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...eTXiJ3XYwR-Giz

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...X7sz-IVMXhUnY4

Meanwhile...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...-miami-n836121

Ever since passenger airplanes were invented Washington does nothing.

Without looking at cause and effect,I would consider that a bit slanted news and sta
    statistics.

I was a licensed contractor,my rate for tile work was roughly $3.50 a sqft.
    The illegals rates were .50 a sqft,but they did not have to pay things
    like corp taxes,workmans comp,employees a livable wage etc,

So what happens ? I you cannot compete with them then you move on
    and more American skilled labor leaves the work force.

Costumers are the same way,why should they pay my rates when they can go
    down to the box store and hire an illegal for 1/4 the price,what do they care
    they saved money.

Some contractors are the same way,why pay an American skilled labor rates
    when they can hire cheap labor and be backed up by the American public crying compassion.

The reason there is a skilled labor force,around these parts anyways
    is because they were underpriced out.

Why go work a construction job in 95 degree weather for $15 an hour
    when you can go flip burgers for the same money in the A/C.

Skilled labor is that,somebody that spent years learning a trade
    and some spending thousands of dollars on the tools of the trade
    but yet nobody has a problem kicking them to the curb because they
    do not have a collage degree.

Try that with a doctor,lawyer or dentist.

You younger folks think it is tough coming out of collage with little job
    prospects try working 10 or 15 years perfecting a skill only to be offered
    $15 per hour.

I know other contractors that build houses useing illegal labor,
    $300 per week,6 days a week 14 hours a day,no overtime,no benefits
    you get hurt on the job and you are lucky to get a one way ticket back to
    your home country.

Funny thing is that they do not reduce the price of the house based on the decrease
    in labor costs.

And they will surly speak loudly about a lack of skilled labor to justify.

Let me ask all those happy and pleased that he was removed from his family and sent to a country he was born in but doesn't remember because he was a kid when he was BROUGHT to the United States, how does this improve your lives? Seriously, let's hear some logic.

A drop of rain falls on your head and it does not effect you,5 million drops of rain drop around and it effects you.

Detroit is maybe not so much impacted,take your population and add 100,000 illegals to the work force and see if it impacts the wage factor.

Now take a right to work state and add millions of illegals to the work force and watch the impact.

As parents we all want what is best for our children and their safety,but is it right to place them in a situation that from day one they are subject to deportation and you know full well that they will need to face the music.

It is easy to place blame on President Trump and his supporters but Trump or his supporters did not tell those parents many years ago to take that risk nor did they advise them to not even attempt to begin the process in over 30 years.

Seriously how many of you would take their child and enter a foreign country knowing full well you would have to spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder and once your children came of age they would have to go through the same?

Would you not scrimp,save,live in a box if necessary in order to pay that lawyer to get your status right.Then pursue the American dream.

Name one country in the world that an American can illegally enter without ramifications.

Why did they leave their country,to provide a better way of life for their children,what provides a better way of life,a higher wage.

So what happens when that wage is forced down to equal of the country they left,the better way of life leaves and the host country reverts into the place they left.
    Last edited by Richard; January-16-18 at 05:26 PM.

Expand immigration from Mexico? But according to your president, aren't they criminals and rapists? As far as taking good jobs away from Americans, this is the dumbest argument ever. Unskilled immigrants do the low paying service jobs that Americans won't. There is a tremendous need in developed countries for younger immigrants to pay income taxes for the retiree population to collect their social security checks. The jobs in Flint were lost for obvious reasons not worth revisiting here.
    Criminals and rapists,you have a point there.

MS 13 and the cartels that base out of Phoenix to supply the rest of the country are really nice people,if you ask them nicely they may even loan you some money or invite you to a nice headless,sorry I ment topless,resort.

They may even offer you a nice mineral bath,you might want to check the acid content first,their water is a bit different then ours.

But hey no problem nothing to lose ones head over.

I guess the snowflakes feel you should only obey laws you agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I guess the snowflakes feel you should only obey laws you agree with.
    You are so very correct Ray. That is a major problem with certain segments of our society today. Feelings are more important than facts and laws.

Too many people have little to no respect for law and order. I see it every day in the numerous people I watch cruise through red lights.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    This is pure stupidity. How on Gods green earth is it in the best interest of the American taxpayer to remove the father and largest breadwinner from this family of American citizens? They couldn't have found a more expensive solution to this case if they tried. Now we all will probably have to support this family until each and everyone of these children are grown and then hope that the damage done isn't generational so we will pay for it indefinitely many times over.

All to send a message that nobody is above the law. How ridiculous. Judges do exactly that on a daily basis in their court rooms examining every case and sentencing on a individual basis.

Use some intelligence for a change instead of using a one size fits all on everything idiots.
    This man had plenty of time over the many years that he was here illegally in which he could have applied to become a United States citizen.

And are quick to yell out " my tax money pays your salary and you need to do your job"

Until I decide what part of your job you actually need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    This man had plenty of time over the many years that he was here illegally in which he could have applied to become a United States citizen.
    So???

Does that possibility in this case mean the Government should step in and enforce the law to the fullest extent possible when there is no real threat to society from this individual?

What about the financial concerns of his minor American children in the future? That fact IS really important.

Deporting the breadwinner in this family is a decision that is sheer financial stupidity. It proves nothing other than we continue to make moronic decisions as a nation with no regard to the burden on the taxpayer.

This example is living proof of why the Federal Government is 20 Trillion dollars in debt.

They just keep on solving ten thousand dollar problems with Million dollar spending solutions.

Or they could recoup the costs by seizing assets drived during the commission of a crime.

Blaming the government really goes nowhere and now the taxpayers have to shoulder the costs of deportation because a single person chose the path.

How about stop blaming everybody else and work towards a solution that does not involve amnesty,maybe something like,get in line and file the paperwork like everybody else had to do.

But wait they already had that opportunity and chose not to follow up on it.

Any other suggestions?

Yes.

Give him a God damn green card and let him landscape and try to keep a roof over his head and food on the table for his kids in Lincoln Park MI. instead of kicking him back to Mexico after thirty years.

Again, why stick that tab on the rest of us to step in and pay to raise these kids for who knows how long for breaking up this family and support just because some people want a pound of flesh out of this guy? I don't want to pay for your pound of flesh.

It is a stupid waste of money that leads to more wasted money because anyone who wants to hurt people at every turn is never satisfied.

Like you, Richard. In the North Korea thread on the non-Detroit board, your idea was to "Nuke North Korea first". Well after that it will be awfully expensive trying to figure out how to NOT get nuked ourselves when half the world figures we have it coming to us because we did it first and then seven decades later did it again on someone else.

Those are very expensive pounds of flesh you have a taste for there Richard. Humanity aside, your hate is expensive as hell because you're blinded by it and do not care what it costs to inflict it on people.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I was going to comment, but there's no use trying to talk to Trump supporters without it reverting to prepubescent name calling.

Good luck to you Mr. Garcia. I hope everything works out for you and your family.
    Mike,

If you're going to post something that you expect Trumpeters to read, you have to do two things. First, type more slowly. Second, don't use big words like "prepubescent".

Best,
    Prof

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    How about Obama and Dems people? They had 8 years to put something in place, and just kicked the can down the road. Now they're going to blame this on Trump and his Reps, and people are going to put the same people back in office that caused this in the first place. That being said, something needs to be put in place for people like Mr. Garcia.
    i believe Obama had tried immigration reform but Republicans immediately blocked anything, as they did the last several years on any issue Obama addressed. Health care was the one exception, but that took 18 months to pass, [[ Republicans complained the process was rammed through too " quickly ", only to watch them try to " ram " healthcare overhall in 2 to 5 days, most incredible and it thankfully failed at its own hands) . Trump has made it very clear this deportation process will amp up..Should be interesting to watch the furthur divide this will cause come election time. Breaking up families of people who have been law abiding will not go well with many, others think its fine..I think the voter turnout will significantly increase due to this, as Alabama, New Jersey and Virginia vividly displayed.

Sometimes it's fun to quote wacky liberals on important policy issues. Here's a good one from a few years back: "The incentives that exist today are for people to come illegally because there's no path for them to come legally."

The wacky liberal apologist for undocumented immigrants who would say such a commie-pinko thing as that? Why of course it's well-known leftie Jeb Bush.

I think this belongs here
    https://youtu.be/ZhpK--yMRhg

Some are criminals an rapists. Illegal non-citizens do jobs Americans won't do for illegal non-citizen wages. You are advocating for a caste system. Liberals refuse to apply supply demand to the equation. A larger supply of labor drives down wages. Having our jobs done by lower paid Asians in Asia does exactly the same thing. Your characterizing Social Security as a ponzi scheme has some merit except that the additional tens of millions of immigrants and their kids will require huge expenditures to build more parking lots, lanes, schools, parks and drive up housing prices. Remember that you mentioned illegal non-citizens were going to be doing all these low paying jobs that don't provide much income tax revenue to pay for social security, roads, etc.. The jobs in Flint were lost for a lot of reasons including liberals' penchant for buying foreign cars and politicians of both parties selling out American workers with trade deals profiting import companies.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Yes.

Give him a God damn green card and let him landscape and try to keep a roof over his head and food on the table for his kids in Lincoln Park MI. instead of kicking him back to Mexico after thirty years.

Again, why stick that tab on the rest of us to step in and pay to raise these kids for who knows how long for breaking up this family and support just because some people want a pound of flesh out of this guy? I don't want to pay for your pound of flesh.

It is a stupid waste of money that leads to more wasted money because anyone who wants to hurt people at every turn is never satisfied.

Like you, Richard. In the North Korea thread on the non-Detroit board, your idea was to "Nuke North Korea first". Well after that it will be awfully expensive trying to figure out how to NOT get nuked ourselves when half the world figures we have it coming to us because we did it first and then seven decades later did it again on someone else.

Those are very expensive pounds of flesh you have a taste for there Richard. Humanity aside, your hate is expensive as hell because you're blinded by it and do not care what it costs to inflict it on people.

Did you read the article that was posted by any chance?

He is to old to qualify for DACA.

He has spent $125,000 on trying to obtain leagle status,he was givin several extensions buying time hopeing his status would change.

He is married to a woman that is retired with a pension that meets the minimum requirements to sponsor a marriage.

He has wasted $125,000 because he waited to be deported.

His option was before that point,paid the $2500 fine and self deport back to Mexico,for $200 a month he could have lived comfortable.

His wife then applies for a fiancé visa for a legal marriage in immigrations eyes after 6 monthes tops he would have been back leagly while the rest of the process played out.

It would have cost him $2500 fine
    $1200 living in Mexico
    $800 in application fees.

Add that up,that was his route but he did not want to do that because he did not want to be separated from his family,which is Totaly understandable.

What is 6 months compared to a lifetime.I used to go on nine month tours without seeing my family,people in the military do it all of the time.

He really would not have had to spend the $1200 on the other side because they have support groups there with housing,not very nice but for a single guy biding time do able.

I have been down that road,I married an illegal that received a 10 year re entry bar because at that time I was not aware of the $2500 fine on exit and she had actualy received permission to leave to visit her mothers deathbed,once she left they recinded the permission and placed the bar.

3 weeks later while we were fighting the paperwork she was diagnosed with breast cancer,she took the option of double dose radiation treatments for a year straight in order to meet paperwork deadlines and went through hell with one day out of seven being able to walk around.

In the end it was all denied.

I know the system and its heartaches well,there is not a day that goes by that I do not come in contact with an illegal and I have always said here that the system is broken.

But we are not playing god where we pick and choose who to support,millions of undocumented and there is no way you are going to fund the manpower to take each case outside of the path that is already provided.

We show compassion in our refugee program and the rest is like a supermarket line,no body likes somebody budding in line and how do you show compassion for one person and not for the person standing next to them.

Ypu do not like the currant president,fine,go on YouTube and you will see,both Hillary and Obama both campaigned in 2008 on giving illegals a path.

Hilliarys requirements were,pay the fine,must learn English,get in line and apply,no drivers license until the process is complete.

Do not believe me,look it up and listen to her words.

Immigration,North Korea,Iran this is all crap that previous administrations have been kicking the can down the road out of fear of pissing the supporting base off.

The time to face the music is now because if we do not do it then that decision will be made for us and there is nobody in this country that will like the results.

So the currant president will take the heat while the rest of the country decides if they are going to deal with it or deal with the consequences,you can stick you head in the sand all you want,it will not get any better unless we address it.

If we cannot work together to solve these issues then lack of compassion will be the least of the worries.

Don steps back, shoots at the buzzer, and swishhhhhhhhhh.

You have two families: “Joe Legal” and “Jose Illegal.” Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California . . .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash “under the table”.

Ready? Now pay attention . . .

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000 per week, or $52,000 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600 per week, or $31,200 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600 per month, or $7,200 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500 per month for food, or $6,000 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200 per month, or $14,400 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal Rent Subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500 per month, or $6,000 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.

Joe Legal pays $200 per month, or $2,400 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.

Jose Illegal says, “We don’t need no stinkin’ insurance!” and still has $31,200.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal’s and Jose Illegal’s children both attend the same elementary school. Joe Legal pays for his children’s lunches while Jose Illegal’s children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal’s children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal’s children go home.

Now, when they reach college age, Joe Legal’s kids may not get into a state school and may not qualify for scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for state schools through his taxes, while Jose Illegal’s kids “go to the head of the class” because they are a minority.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

You get the picture?

Who’s standing up for America and Americans? Don’t vote for politicians that support illegal aliens. The same holds true for any employer that pays cash under-the-table.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast