Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

^^^ Yeah, workplace culture would have to emerge in any discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Detroit spends $13,000 per pupil. It's in the top 50 in per-pupil expenditures. It's about the same as Birmingham. Troy, one of the top ranked school districts in the state, spends $8,000 per pupil.

Over the last 30 years, the refrain has been "we need more money," for the Detroit school district. The state has pumped more and more aid into it. Academic performance has worsened.

At what point do you say that more money isn't working, and something else has to change?
    And Detroit spent about billion on new construction the past 15-20 years. Contrast that with Grosse Pointe Schools, where the newest school was built around 1970 and most facilities are over 60 or more years old.

Maybe he will write an exclusive editorial regarding the Detroit Free Press found three separate incidents over the summer of maggots in the food at a Jackson-area prison......

Quote Originally Posted by eastland View Post
    And Detroit spent about billion on new construction the past 15-20 years. Contrast that with Grosse Pointe Schools, where the newest school was built around 1970 and most facilities are over 60 or more years old.
    Grosse Pointe spends far more than Detroit, and I don't see the relevance of comparing construction costs.

GP Schools have spent huge amounts on school construction; just for renovation/expansion of existing buildings. The Pointes don't exactly have acres of vacant land for new schools like Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Grosse Pointe spends far more than Detroit, and I don't see the relevance of comparing construction costs.

GP Schools have spent huge amounts on school construction; just for renovation/expansion of existing buildings. The Pointes don't exactly have acres of vacant land for new schools like Detroit.
    says MLive:

According to the latest data compiled by the state, DCSD received $13,743 in state, local and federal funding in 2014-15. GPPS, on the other hand, had $12,149.

And if you follow the link:
    Grosse Pointe: $14,708
    Detroit: $12,325

Oops, I got that backwards.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; December-20-17 at 10:48 PM.

I posted the copy below on the thread about the Malcom Maddox accusations, and now restoration, now fifth page Free Press news hiding the muddying his name has suffered.

It also begs the question of why Stephen Henderson did not receive the same suspension-while-investigation treatment by the Free Press. Instead he was summarily dismissed.
    --------------------
    I noticed that Maddox has been cleared by Channel 7 and has been restored to his morning anchor position. Likewise others mentioned by Rev. Rideout appear to be exonerated.

"Malcom Maddox returned to the anchor chair for WXYZ-TV [[Channel 7) Friday morning, three weeks after accusations of inappropriate behavior made by a Detroit pastor took him off the air. WXYZ announced it plans to take no action against Maddox and another employee mentioned in a Dec. 6 news conference held by the Rev. W.J. Rideout III, pastor of Our God's People Church in Detroit.

"The station's parent company, E.W. Scripps Company, reached this conclusion after conducting an investigation into allegations against Maddox, anchor Stephen Clark and General Manager Mike Murri, whom Rideout accused of brushing off inappropriate behavior. In 2015, Scripps found that Maddox's behavior had violated the company's policies, and he was suspended at the time.

"The company said there is no evidence to back Rideout's allegations that Clark engaged in inappropriate behavior, or the minister's claim that Murri attempted to cover up such behavior. Clark had previously announced that he was retiring from the station in February.

"After the news conference, WXYZ had put Maddox on administrative leave pending the investigation."

This puts the spotlight on Rideout. Who is he and what ax does he have to grind?

His allegations also took down Steven Henderson and cost him is job and position at the Free Press. Henderson's allegations were long in the past and addressed. As there has been no followup chorus of metoo accusations about his behavior, I am finding the Free Press actions impulsive and excessive. Why no suspension and investigation?

Attachment 34790

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I posted the copy below on the thread about the Malcom Maddox accusations, and now restoration, now fifth page Free Press news hiding the muddying his name has suffered. ...
    If it bleeds, it leads. Truth is lucky to get page five. Rideout got ink. And perhaps settled a score. When we trade in accusations and not justice that's expected.
    [/quote]
    As there has been no followup chorus of metoo accusations about his behavior, I am finding the Free Press actions impulsive and excessive. Why no suspension and investigation?
    [/QUOTE]
    Might I suggest that a 'chorus of metoo' also doesn't mean that much. Just as likely to mean that the accused is a good reporter who didn't kiss the right butts. Letting the chorus/mob rule is a bad idea. Trusting single sources and taking serious action [[as 7 did) is also a bad idea.

Why? I guess those in power are so deeply frightened of the chorus. Franken goes down for nothing. There but the grace of god.... I guess.

Anyone believe bankruptcy will be declared in anticipation of sexual harassment civil lawsuits......?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3