Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Being proud of something does NOT mean you are intolerant of something else. Let me guess, you were the guy on election night in 2008 wondering why all of the black people were so emotional over BO winning election. When a group of people are systemically kept down in a country having some power becomes something to be proud of. Try thinking outside of yourself and looking for a reason to be offended.
    That kinda confuses me,I know quite a few African Americans that are business owners and in politics,how come they missed the systematic kept down process?

It does not matter what color you are,unless you are born with a silver spoon it is a process of climbing back up after getting knocked down for everybody,it is called perseverance.

Some give up in the process and place blame while others get right back up and refuse to be beaten by the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That kinda confuses me,I know quite a few African Americans that are business owners and in politics,how come they missed the systematic kept down process?

It does not matter what color you are,unless you are born with a silver spoon it is a process of climbing back up after getting knocked down for everybody,it is called perseverance.

Some give up in the process and place blame while others get right back up and refuse to be beaten by the system.
    Richard, if you don't think that you as a white man haven't enjoyed major advantages throughout your life and your career as a business owner you simply aren't paying attention. Of course there are successful black people, but that does not negate the fact that our society systematically disadvantages them. Now less than before, but now still, for sure. Following your argument one small extra step to its logical conclusion, the huge difference in wealth between whites and blacks is because whites try harder. Is that what you're saying?

Whites Have Huge Wealth Edge Over Blacks [[but Don’t Know It)
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rceptions.html

"Black families in America earn just $57.30 for every $100 in income earned by white families, according to the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey. For every $100 in white family wealth, black families hold just $5.04."
    Last edited by bust; December-17-17 at 11:08 PM.