Gratiot is on the rise!

I've read about and noticed first hand quite a bit of development along Gratiot Avenue this past year, so I thought I'd start a thread to track the progress. Some of the developments on the radar at this time include:

1. The new tallest building in the city, which will be at Woodward and Gratiot.

2. Redevelopment of the former Joe Muer's site at Gratiot and the Fisher Fwy ramp by the good folks at Platform Development.

3. Renovation of the former police station-y building at Gratiot and Dubois.

4. A new NSO building on Mack, behind the Goeschel Building.

5. Renovation of Dueweck Park at Gratiot and Warren [[pic attached). The park has a new shelter, basketball courts, and a rock boulder border.

6. Development of some type of new housing project at Van Dyke and Warren, one block east of Dueweck Park [[went by this morning and it has been cleared and prepped for development, with utilities in).

7. Whatever redevelopment is happening across the block from On the Rise Bakery at Gratiot near McClellan [[a whole block has been cleared and it appears that it is being prepped for a building, perhaps like the newish building On the Rise occupies).

As an East-Sider all my life, its heartening to see Gratiot taking off. I'd love to hear additional details about these developments, as well as news about other projects coming on line. And, hey, I guess, speramus meliora; resurget cineribus, right?

Name:  2017-12-05 08.44.03.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  78.1 KB