Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Maybe the 1990 Omni Parker House story will come out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    And your attempt at changing the Constitution is laughable.

The endowments by the creator are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. But of course, that's getting a little too technical for most on the right.

And your assumption that "creator" refers to some bearded white male sitting on a cloud in the sky named "God" is also laughable. Perhaps that "creator" is named Chuck, or could be construed as a pagan goddess like Mother Nature.

It is purposely ambiguous. What other interpretations of the Constitution would you like to thrill us with today?
    Lorax, Your inner Reich and disdain for the founders is seem to be revealing themselves in this thread. I was afraid you weren't going to ask. I don't know anything about your bearded white male fantasies though. Jefferson just used the word "Creator" which he capitalized in the Declaration of Independence. [[Note: not the Constitution) Here is the text as you seem to be in need of a review.

"...that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,"

The Constitution, or at least my copy, includes the First Amendment which says that there can be NO law abridgement of the freedom of speech. It might be my imagination but isn't freedom of speech a Creator endowed 'liberty' as mentioned in the Declaration? Even if the Declaration of Independence didn't exist, it would be difficult to make restrictive speech laws because the 1st amendment makes no exceptions.

One more insight. Go back to the Declaration exerpt and note what, according to Jefferson, the reason [[singular) for which governments are established.

If Obama wants to make Kennedy's fight for universal health care carry on, he should name this coming legislation after Senator Kennedy, and publicly announce he will not sign any bill that does not include a public option.

No better way to honor the decades of work on this subject by the 20th century's most effective, most beloved senator.
    Rush Limbaugh mentioned this a few months back and caught all hell over it.

Robert Byrd is drinking the same kool aid that Lorax is and suggesting the same thing. I wonder when he will catch hell over his statements.

And I'm getting tired of the nil nisi bonum philosophy.

Ted Kennedy was a cheat and a liar [[and a bad one at that) and a murderer.

He cheated at Harvard. His family pulled strings to keep him out of Korea. He murdered Mary Jo Kopechne [[stated by a Judge at an inquest called to investigate numerous "inconsistencies" with Ted's story).

Fortunately, the rest of America had more brains that the people of Massechusettes. His career never got past his senate seat.

Good riddance!

Lorax Guest

Wanna play dirty?

How about Prick Cheney's multiple deferrments due to his "having something better to do" than be drafted.

Or George Tush's alcoholic lost weekend when he went AWOL, and had it covered up by his billionaire family.

Or:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...shrapsheet.htm

Lorax, If you were Mary Jo Kepechne's Mother or Sister, you'd be singing a different tune. Maybe.

Wanna play dirty?

How about Prick Cheney's multiple deferrments due to his "having something better to do" than be drafted.

Or George Tush's alcoholic lost weekend when he went AWOL, and had it covered up by his billionaire family.

Or:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...shrapsheet.htm
    Both are true.

So what!

I'm not a republican, nor did I vote for junior.

Your point above was?

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Lorax, If you were Mary Jo Kepechne's Mother or Sister, you'd be singing a different tune. Maybe.

Yeah, and if you were related to one of the 9000 Americans and 1 million Iraquis killed through the negligence and traitorous actions of the Bush Crime Family you'd feel differently too.

But then again, the 1 million Iraquis were Muslim, so their lives didn't mean quite as much according to Christianity.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    Both are true.

So what!

I'm not a republican, nor did I vote for junior.

Your point above was?
    Really convenient. I believe that......

Really convenient. I believe that......
    I really could care less what you believe.

Lorax is one of those poor souls who demands freedom of speech for her side only. The flamatory language, spewage of bile and hate filled ideas are what makes her feel important.

A closed-minded progressive. Very Loraxian.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Lorax is one of those poor souls who demands freedom of speech for her side only. The flamatory language, spewage of bile and hate filled ideas are what makes her feel important.

A closed-minded progressive. Very Loraxian.
    And Garden Gnome would have you believe every lunatic right wing fringe conspiracy theory out there, especially the IRA link to Kennedy.

Just another pack of lies brought to you courtesy of the ___________. Fill in the blank with your favorite fascist stink tank. They're all the same.

Lorax Guest

Funny how all you "girls" out there think I'm female. No biggie, but I'm curious, is it used as a pejorative? I would hope not.

ccbatson Guest

He meant well, condolences to the family and friends.

Quote: "Yeah, and if you were related to one of the 9000 Americans and 1 million Iraquis killed through the negligence and traitorous actions of the Bush Crime Family you'd feel differently too.
    But then again, the 1 million Iraquis were Muslim, so their lives didn't mean quite as much according to Christianity.""

Seriously, you are delusional. Where do you get this bullshit from? I am totally against the Iraq war. Have been since the night Saddam Hussein said on US television. "Draw your sword, we are ready". Since right after 9-11 when Bush and his band of criminals claimed we needed to invade Iraq. Every person of faith I know agrees.

Quote: "A closed-minded progressive. Very Loraxian."

Man you said it. Talk about backwards thinking. Another closed minded, tight-pantied liberal.

Quote: "out there think I'm female."

You act like an old spinster that never got many second dates, and rarely a first.

chill, sstash, no name calling allowed. The Lorax panties may be too tight, but tight panties on ladies is not that uncommon, nor necessarily a bad thing. In contrast to your assumption, I'm sure they are more of the thong variety, but discussing a lady's underpinnings is not nice; so me thinks we should leave it there.

Moreover, since this thread is not about the skid-marked, but rather the life and times of Edward Kennedy, I have to give him his due. He was first elected in 1962, and with the exception of Robert Bird, he was a long loyal member of the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. That is no small feat. My hat goes off for Ted. He served his country, was guided by whatever conscience he had left, and did the best job he knew how to do.

From listening and reading various news reports, he was known as a supremely detailed legislator who knew the best way to get anything done was through compromise. That is a tough thing to do, compromise, but Ted was able to surf the halls of congress and get stuff done.

That ability to compromise and form support across party lines, the ability to see the other side, is missing in most political circles today. Heels are dug in, lines drawn, and the trenches are filled with the fetid remains of crappy legislation.

Not saying every bill he worked on was a jem, just that he worked at forming working relationships with all folks. Even the much hated - in these parts at least - Geo Bushes.

So hats off.

Lorax Guest

Quote: "Yeah, and if you were related to one of the 9000 Americans and 1 million Iraquis killed through the negligence and traitorous actions of the Bush Crime Family you'd feel differently too.
    But then again, the 1 million Iraquis were Muslim, so their lives didn't mean quite as much according to Christianity.""

Seriously, you are delusional. Where do you get this bullshit from? I am totally against the Iraq war. Have been since the night Saddam Hussein said on US television. "Draw your sword, we are ready". Since right after 9-11 when Bush and his band of criminals claimed we needed to invade Iraq. Every person of faith I know agrees.
    Then I guess you don't know too many people of faith.

Just about every rapture-righter out there carrying a gun had a "W" bumpersticker and backed the fascists in their crusade [[Bush's word, not mine) against the Muslim world.

Guess you were sleeping or stoned during the last eight years.

Lorax Guest

Quote: "A closed-minded progressive. Very Loraxian."

Man you said it. Talk about backwards thinking. Another closed minded, tight-pantied liberal.
    Quite the opposite, I try not to wear any panties, especially when blogging.

Sounds like an open mind to me.

Lorax Guest

Quote: "out there think I'm female."

You act like an old spinster that never got many second dates, and rarely a first.

Well, it takes one to know one.

And in your case, sex, like your place on this thread, would benefit from the withdrawl method.

I see it's your first time.

At the rodeo.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    chill, sstash, no name calling allowed. The Lorax panties may be too tight, but tight panties on ladies is not that uncommon, nor necessarily a bad thing. In contrast to your assumption, I'm sure they are more of the thong variety, but discussing a lady's underpinnings is not nice; so me thinks we should leave it there.

Moreover, since this thread is not about the skid-marked, but rather the life and times of Edward Kennedy, I have to give him his due. He was first elected in 1962, and with the exception of Robert Bird, he was a long loyal member of the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. That is no small feat. My hat goes off for Ted. He served his country, was guided by whatever conscience he had left, and did the best job he knew how to do.

From listening and reading various news reports, he was known as a supremely detailed legislator who knew the best way to get anything done was through compromise. That is a tough thing to do, compromise, but Ted was able to surf the halls of congress and get stuff done.

That ability to compromise and form support across party lines, the ability to see the other side, is missing in most political circles today. Heels are dug in, lines drawn, and the trenches are filled with the fetid remains of crappy legislation.

Not saying every bill he worked on was a jem, just that he worked at forming working relationships with all folks. Even the much hated - in these parts at least - Geo Bushes.

So hats off.

Well, since the Rethuglicans decided to stand for nothing, except obstructionsim, of course, bipartianship hasn't been all it's cracked up to be.

Obama needs to learn this and go commando on the Reich, and leave them to the dust bin of history where they belong.

Guidance for the Public, a Ted Kennedy tribute video.

UFO Guest

Regardless of politics. The man did both good and bad. He was a blessing for the good that he has done as with any other statesman [[or woman) that has done good.

May he rest in peace and I wish his family peace in their time of sorrow.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Lorax, Your inner Reich and disdain for the founders is seem to be revealing themselves in this thread. I was afraid you weren't going to ask. I don't know anything about your bearded white male fantasies though. Jefferson just used the word "Creator" which he capitalized in the Declaration of Independence. [[Note: not the Constitution) Here is the text as you seem to be in need of a review.

"...that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,"

The Constitution, or at least my copy, includes the First Amendment which says that there can be NO law abridgement of the freedom of speech. It might be my imagination but isn't freedom of speech a Creator endowed 'liberty' as mentioned in the Declaration? Even if the Declaration of Independence didn't exist, it would be difficult to make restrictive speech laws because the 1st amendment makes no exceptions.

One more insight. Go back to the Declaration exerpt and note what, according to Jefferson, the reason [[singular) for which governments are established.
    You have me confused with your Reich, not mine.

Since when have I said anyone should be restricted as to freedom of speech?

Not sure why you think I need a refresher course, perhaps you do, and while you're at it, read the posts rather than respond in an automatically partisan way.

I still don't see where the word "creator" capitalized or not, has any more meaning than "creator." It's Christiandom that seems to have co-opted the idea that Jefferson was referencing their god, and no one else's.

I think we can all agree that creation of the earth was accomplished somehow, but to imply that some divine being is woven into the word "creator" is disingenuous.

Thusly, it was purposely vague in it's reference.

RIP Ted...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast